chickenhawk420

Ssup, any opinions on this... Pettion against Bill O'Riley

wats up yall,

Straight to it, Bill O'riley, objective or complete racist?

Taken from the source (Shout out to Ray) hope you don't mind.

"Enemy of the state"

"Bill O'Riley is probably one of the most exacerable human beings ever to walk the planet. I thank Akiba Solomon for exposing him as a racist, arrorgant jerk he really is. he carse about ' children with out guidance' about as much as he does a wad of gum stuck to the bottom of his shoe. His shameless ploy to undermine the HIP HOP genre for no other reason than to feed his inflated ego and keep down talented, young, black men shows just how despicable he is. If HIP HOP and rap were kept within the confines of the 'Hood' and white kids were not interested, he wouldn't utter a word about it.- Yolanda Parks, LITTLE ROCK, AR.

"With all the proclamations of HIP HOP being underattack, why don't we come together and do something? One idea would be to start a Bill O'Riley task force. I understand freedom of speech, but he was able to get HIP HOP stars kicked off ad campaigns - *Yo Simmons into the brawl over Luda.* Why don't we start a pettion to get his show off the air? If nothing else, it would get the word out that the HIP HOP community isn't going to sit around and let some ignorant racist control our culture. - Charmaine Judon, NEW YORK CITY."

Both quotes taken from The Source issue MAY 03

So whats your slant on things, if you feelin this, throw some support and lets get this pettion started right now, right here.

Luda ain't right for the commercials but Ozzy is?

If any 1 wanna discus further, reach me at [email protected]

Anyway Blue Skies, Rooftops and Sunsets, oh yeah nearly forgot big shout out to Swizz Beatz, Big Buisness, FULL SURFACE, SNdoubleOP.DOdoubleG

SPICE

Me thinks you protest too much.

Seems like you are concluding that Bill is a racist because he opposes what he sees as a harmful influence from celebrities that have great influence on the youth of America.

Let's argue about what Bill O. advocates, not what you conclude to be his motivation

Popular culture has always been a threat to parents. Why is Bill's position so unique to be called racist. I watch his show often, please point out what I missed.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>>>from my other postWhy waste time with O'Reilly? Iv'e only seen him twice and I suppose that only those taht already agree with HIS views are the regular "viewers".
I love everybody,
(as long as they don't let in the Celtics!)
but seriously, during the building railroads, the Irish were held lower than african slaves and to have them killed of in bridge & dynamite work was a savings of 3months wages. Dead men don't get paid.
graves are all long the original rail system.
Blind hate is nothing new. Although I don't randomly blame English folk for things in my life.
(I am A.O.H. & yes I am affected by it once a week)
I have "black" relatives in Jamaica who are very kind to me & it's NOT an issue:)-Grant

You don't have to agree with what Bill O. has to say. You don't have to like it either. Sometimes I am on his side, other times I think he is way off. That is what makes him fun to watch. With out people like that, this would be a very boring world. Email his show and voice your thoughts. That is the best way to go.

Calling O'Reilly a racist based on his views of Hip Hop is one of the most baseless accusations of racism I've ever heard. I can formulate a much more plausible argument that Kweise Mfune is a racist than that.

Ms. Yolanda Parks' statement is indicative of the 'victimology culture' nurtured by many on the left. She didn't touch on Mr. O'Reilly's argument - her focus was on the color of Mr. O'Reilly and those with whom he disagrees. There is no other substance to her statement, which can be boiled down to: Mr. O'Reilly disagrees with me. He's a racist.

I watch O'Reilly quite often and have heard him slam folks on the left, the right, in the middle and everywhere else on the political spectrum. I've heard him slam Bush, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Jeb Bush, Cheney, and saw him make a fool of Robert Reich the other day. I even heard him slam Ozzy Ozzborne a couple of days ago as well. Say what you like about him, he doesn't pander to the left or the right with any predictability.

I don't always agree with what he has to say, but I do believe that his opinions do spark thought by all on both sides, which is what a good talk show should do.

If you have proof that he is a racist, by all means bring it forth. Hopefully your proof will be more substantive than that presented by the quote from Ms. Parks.

Calling someone a racist is about the lowest insult in the book - or one of them - in my opinion. If you do so without proof, you are even lower. I've found that most people in recent history who have been called racists and hazards to civil rights have been victims of smear campaigns and have nothing but contempt for those who were involved (I consider most of them cowards).

Beers to all,

Vinny the Anvil
:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

You're kidding, right? :D:D:D

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Don't be ridiculous. Why should I believe that those who make no effort with spelling and grammar make any more effort ensuring that what they write is accurate.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Don't be ridiculous. Why should I believe that those who make no effort with spelling and grammar make any more effort ensuring that what they write is accurate.

Kallend, it is relatively funny you mention this, I tend to agree with you on this point (do we owe beer for that?:P).

For the majority of my posts, my spelling isn't checked nor is my grammar; however, for serious posts, I actually do take the time to handle these items, since it does make a difference in how you are perceived.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I don't always agree with what he has to say, but I do believe that his opinions do spark thought by all on both sides, which is what a good talk show should do.

Make them think they're thinking, and they'll love you. Make them really think, and they'll hate you.

Don't know who originally said that.

FallRate

Kallend, it is relatively funny you mention this, I tend to agree with you on this point (do we owe beer for that?:P).

For the majority of my posts, my spelling isn't checked nor is my grammar; however, for serious posts, I actually do take the time to handle these items, since it does make a difference in how you are perceived.

It's not just perception. Those who take the trouble to check their facts and take care with the logic of their arguments are those who also take care with the written or verbal expression of their ideas (and vice versa).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'd agree with you most of the time dude. Engineers are exceptions however. Most of us techie types can't write worth a damn. I know a PhD that writes about as well as a high school freshman but can do quaternion/Rodriguez parameters/PDE's in his head and has produced some awesome control theory. :)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!