Scrumpot

How Many Posts does it take to get off of "Newbie" status??

I just don't have the time, but I sure am getting tired of being considered a "NEWBIE" on here! ...I've been around these forums since before it even WAS "DZ.COM" (anybody remember Sangiro's Synergy?).

Somebody please help ---Aggie Dave, maybe you know ;)

So, how many posts, or posts/day does it take to "move up" off of Newbie status?? Maybe I should just say "hi" to EVERYBODY ever posting anything for 5-6 days straight. ...Would that help?

What is the "next level" status anyway? ...Maybe I don't want that either. -Maybe I should just give it up? :S
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Well, I have just done just a litlte research, and here's what it looks like....
In sorting the membership roster by post #'s break-points are something like this:
(remember I DON'T really have enough time for this!) :P

0-49 you are a Newbie
50-299 you are an Enthusiast
300-699 you are an Old Hand
700-999 you are an Addict
1000-? you are a Veteran

I stopped there.
ANyone wanting to do a complete research maybe, can go here:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=user_list;sb=user_posts;so=DESC;

and let us know...:S

Funny, for 8 years now (at least just in skydiving) I have thought almost exactly the opposite... Keeping my mouth shut until I truly did have something to CONTRIBUTE! --It certainly is a "new world order" now adays I guess. :S

I sure am getting tired of being considered a "NEWBIE" on here!

Whys that?i think newbies has as much to say as others... its the value in the words you say... We can all be promoted by posting here but it dont mean we know s###;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

i think newbies has as much to say as others... its the value in the words you say...

Not based upon my experience & the types of responses I have had to date on some of my previous posts. I had been, at least up unitl now, only posting when I thought I had something of VALUE to say (just click on my profile & check it out if you like). However, based upon some of the less than flattering responses/PM's/consideration I have had, it would seem to me that MANY others do not share your viewB| ...I guess they would rather prefer the opinion of a 5-jump "Pooh-bah" or 30-jump "Veteran" instead?

So, yup. ...Here I am now, here, ...posting *CRAP*! Am I gaining any respect? :)

I guess they would rather prefer the opinion of a 5-jump "Pooh-bah" or 30-jump "Veteran" instead?

So, yup. ...Here I am now, here, ...posting *CRAP*! Am I gaining any respect?

nope as you say you NEED far lees jump;)well i guess this is post whoring;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

How come you've been on this forum for so long and never see the answer at your question? It as been asked several times and it's even in the FAQ:

0 => Newbie
50 => Enthusiast
300 => Old Hand
700 => Addict
1000 => Veteran
1500 => Pooh-Bah
2500 => Carpal Tunnel
5000 => Fanatic
7500 => Mighty Mouse
10000 => Geronimo

Hum weird.... ;)

--
Renaud SMA #9
"Mind is like parachute. It only functions when it's open."

Hey!!!! I don't give my opinion on anything skydiving related!;) I'm here to learn and read and enjoy and cautiously take opinions of posters here;).

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Nothing personal intended.... as he embarassingly clicks her profile to read: # of jumps: 5
DZ.com posting status: Pooh-bah

Coincidence, or some sort of memory imprint? I may have earlier looked at your profile, but I REALLY did not even think about it/any one individual! How weird is that? :S
I do know that a lot of us in here participate for the social interaction. No slight or insult intended!!:)