crapflinger2000

I am a dork-ass

I have a new addition to my list of "stupid things I have done":

So I start this new job. A couple of us and a manager are standing around being shown something, and something falls off a desk. I reach down to pick it up (being the helpful type), and neatly bash my forehead into the attachment end of a bit of cube material (the type that would have a couple of metal tabs sticking out) in front of everyone. Two nice bleeding scrapes on my noggin.

Couldn't have looked more stupid if I tried. At least the audience was relatively small....

:D

You're not the only dork-ass. At a Christmas Party a few years back I was just standing there by myself. It was the very begining of the evening and I just about finished with my first beer. There was just one swallow left. I don't remember what I was thinking about but I was holding the cup very loosely. Then, it just slipped out of my hand. I looked down at the mess and thought to myself "I hope nobody saw that." I looked up and none other than the president and cheif executive officer of our corporation was facing directly at me and staring right at me. :$:$:$

I don't remember exactly what I did next, but I think I just turned to find someone to clean it up. All I kept thinking was that he must have thought I was an idiot either for not knowing how to hold a cup or for being so drunk so early in evening. :S

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

I recall being so drunk once that in an attempt to open the refrigerator I "let go" of the drink in my hand to reach for the handle. I remember thinking that I expected the glass to stay where it was, in midair.

Odd how we remember somethings...

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy

Heck, at least it was your head and not something important like your pull hand;)

Sorry Gork, hope it doesn't hurt too bad. Just think, now your: "That Guy That Hit His Head" around the office for a while:P

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

I've never done anything like this.. *cough* But, I'm alregic to creepers.. *cough* :$

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Not sure why I am disclosing this but what the hell. Another event on my list is also involves injury to my big noggin.

Once I was opening a door. Most people are smart enough by the time they are 22 that they instinctively move key body parts, like their head, out of the way of objects they are moving. Not me. I opened the door, again neatly bashing my eyebrow. Lotta blood. The incredulous looks of the people in the store I was trying to get into is something I will carry with me forever.

Seriously, it is shit like this that makes me wonder how I made it this far in the sport. I think one day I will do something equally dumb in the air, like just fire my reserve over the tail of the king air for no apparent reason.

Hide if you see me coming to your DZ.

oh...i did the same thing my freshman year of college...was pretty drunk and trying to get into my dorm...i finally got the door open and slammed it right into my head...had a huge bump...felt like such an idiot because 3 or 4 people watched me do this...

unfortunately I was completely sober, and I did it on a Marine Corps base PX in front of a buncha moms and kids.

"Mommy, why is the Lance Corporal bleeding from his eye?"

"He's just a stupid dork-ass, dear, stay away from him."

I charged right into a glass door at a party in H.S.

I did that too. The glass was so clean i thought it was already open so i ran right into it.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I've never done anything like this.. *cough* But, I'm alregic to creepers.. *cough* :$

creepers or slingshots????:o:P

Sorry man i had to. I heard the story from Kris this weekend. Funny you brought it up.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I charged right into a glass door at a party in H.S. while holding a beer. SMACK!!!

The walls and doors of the computer lab in my building are all glass, and people are constantly trying to walk through them. It never ceases to amuse me... :D:D:D

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

he-he...

the second day after I met my (now wife), I went running under a set of concrete stairs failing to see the metal beam supporting the stairs... nearly knocked me unconsious and ended up at the emergency room gettin 6 stiches in my head... hows that for impressin your date! ;)

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865