Sea-Tac Code Orange Restrictions - F***!!!

Just got a heads-up that travel on the drive-thru terminal road at Sea-Tac is restricted and subject to inspection. It's not really a concern, since I use the airport short-term parking area anyway, but I'm wondering what other silly-assed restrictions will be waiting to greet me once I go into the terminal.>:(

It's enough to make one go back to covered wagons.>:(
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

i for one doubt that they've all been really thought thru all that well..after all i can list an obscene number of potentially lethal items that are never blinked at while the TSA is busy taking away an old womans nail file..

I wish that were the case. Virtually everything TSA does provides the 'illusion' of security with almost no improvement in actual security against an attack.

Among other things, I consult on security, so I have a fair bit of expertise in this area, and it's so much scarier than you can imagine. :S

7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

Our shopping Malls are now 1 door in and out with Scanners. Our retirment communtites are the same way now.
I feel safer knowing that the PARK CITY MALL is secured but, wondering if the terrorist are really that mad about the Linen Sale at J.C. Penny's.
Maybe the have religious anger for the Mennonites and there discount Quilts.

Think its bad out there? Come see idiotic security measures in the DC area. We have a small airport here (2600 foot runway) that has TSA officials inspecting passengers of departing aircraft. Talk about a waste of money. The airport probably gets about 4 flights a day nowadays. Maybe a little more on a nice weekend. But then it gets even better. To return to that airport, all planes need to stop at a "gateway" airport to be inspected by another TSA official.

On top of all that, the only people even allowed to fly into this airport are people that have planes based at the airport. No transient traffic allowed at all. Those that have planes there have been fingerprinted by the FBI and had background checks done by the secret service.

I flew out of that airport until 9/11, then my flying club moved their plane somewhere else to avoid all the BS. Used to be nice.

Dave

I'm wondering what other silly-assed restrictions will be waiting to greet me once I go into the terminal

I wouldn't exactly call them "silly-assed." Trust me...they are warranted security measures. [:/]

You mean, like requiring Federal permits to fly model rockets?:S

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

how many terrorist laptop computer devices have been thwarted by asking the laptop carrier to turn on the laptop?........ Apparently all of them.

Damn...you people REALLY are clueless aren't you? FUCK!!!! If you only had a clue as to the things that go on every day. You might not be so crass. Trust me on this....just because it isn't flaunted on CNN doesn't mean that things don't happen EVERY DAY!!!! There are a LOT of people out there working VERY hard to keep this country safe.

Damn...you people REALLY are clueless aren't you? FUCK!!!! If you only had a clue as to the things that go on every day. You might not be so crass. Trust me on this

so ya gona tell us what the new job is then??? u undercover for the cia?????lol..... i understand ya clay... it's the same thing when somone hears about something that goes on with the military and i think back and am like "oh yeah, wonder what they would think if they heard that happens about twice a month"......refering to sam launches or taget aquirment in iraq pre gulf war 2.....

I feel safer knowing that the PARK CITY MALL is secured

i don't know how tight security is in malls there now, but judging from a few terror attacks we've experienced here lately, in many cases the suicide bomber was spotted by the security guard at the gate , but (and this is the problem with suicide terrorists) as soon as he (or she) are spotted , the explode.

several security guards were killed or wounded (while saving many others) like that lately...

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

>how many terrorist laptop computer devices have been thwarted by
>asking the laptop carrier to turn on the laptop?

How many would have been saved by inspecting all luggage and asking a passenger to turn on the radio in his luggage? 270.

There are dozens of people in the world capable of building bombs that look just like radios, laptop computers - even parachutes. Detecting these could well be important to preventing future terrorist attacks. It is far from the only answer; but it's one that may help.

uhoh clay. you called kallend stupid. this one is going up in flames soon.... :o

That's OK, I've been called "stupid" before. Never by anyone smart, though.:)

>how many terrorist laptop computer devices have been thwarted by
>asking the laptop carrier to turn on the laptop?

How many would have been saved by inspecting all luggage and asking a passenger to turn on the radio in his luggage? 270.

There are dozens of people in the world capable of building bombs that look just like radios, laptop computers - even parachutes. Detecting these could well be important to preventing future terrorist attacks. It is far from the only answer; but it's one that may help.

Nitrocellulose, to give but one example, can be woven into a fabric that looks pretty much like ZP nylon. Or made into a bowling ball... And anyone can make nitrocellulose from readily available supplies.

>Nitrocellulose, to give but one example, can be woven into a fabric
>that looks pretty much like ZP nylon. Or made into a bowling ball...

Yep. You cannot stop a smart terrorist who is willing to die for his beliefs. At best you can stop the mediocre terrorists, which is what the primary job of airport security is.