unlucky1

First cutaway....Yahoo....!!!!

First cutaway....paid a packer 5 bucks today to pack me a really nice lineover. He usually does an awesome job.....usually. Anyway...after 3 hours of walking around in swampy woods I found my canopy and freebag. Thanks to Clay also....he spent plenty of his time helping me look. Strangely enough...i didn't even feel adrenalized during or after...it was almost matter-of-fact. Glad its out of the way. I did buy a case of the expensive stuff....
BLue skies,
unlucky1

Slow Mal./not bad but, They still don't let it count as 2 jumps (I tried):P
Silver handel is still intense after thinking about it for awhile.
...Get a free T-shirt?;) "survival circle"
(mines already faded)

first of all, congrats on making a proper asessment, and initiating proper emergency procedures, in a timely manner! ;) it feels good to get that thought out of your head: "will this be the day?"

if you don't mind me asking, what line was it that was over the top of your canopy? what size was your canopy, and what wingload? last, but not least, do you utilize a RSL, and an AAD?

again, congrats!

--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Maybe it's just bad packing karma, but I've never had a good opening from someone else packing for me. Usually get lots of line twists, hard openings, etc. Even good packers with thousands of pack jobs can't seem to get it right.

I could afford to pay someone to pack for me, but why pay someone to do a job that I'm probably just gonna complain about later? I do pack slow, but the advantage is that there is only one person I can point the finger at for bad openings (me) - and I get them right about 95% of the time.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

what line was it that was over the top of your canopy? what size was your canopy, and what wingload? last, but not least, do you utilize a RSL, and an AAD?

Since I'm here.....D lines over, Think it was a Sabre 150 loaded around 1.4ish. Cypres and RSL.

Congrats! I got mine early, early, early.... 2nd solo still on AFF/Student status. And came back for the next weekend! I know what you mean about not feeling much afterwards, because I didn't feel any big thing after mine. Even in the video I had it was like 'show the instructor my rip cord (had a total) and have this expresion like, ok what in the hell is this, then look at my reserve handle look back at him and pull and strip'. Yee haw! Have you had dreams yet where you actually pull them both and neither works? Land in a field, stand up and go "now what in the hell was that crap"????? Those are kind of freaky.

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

Congrats dude! Sorry to hear it took some time to find that main. My first one was easy to find but pure HELL to get to.

At least it's over with and you bought some good beer. Better still - you DRANK some good beer!

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

hey bro...
first of all for helping.... second, it was actually a PD210 (I'm kinda slow on the downsizing) loaded at 1:1, and it was a D line as Clay has stated. Beer for EVERYONE !!!!! Yahoo!!! About the packers...i usually pack for myself...but every now and then i feel like somebody else should do it (because I'm feeling lazy). Never had a prob with these packers before...Call me nice...but I still am not even mad at the packers. I'm more Happy that the rigger took care of my Reserve when i needed it. THat is where my energy is focused.
Blue SKies,
and Semper Fi's
unlucky1

>Even good packers with thousands of pack jobs can't seem to get it right.

riddller...I'll take that challenge...;)

unlucky1... nice job on the cutaway. I noticed a big Yahoo in the title. I felt the same way :P

Ciao

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto