J0nathan

Vigil 2 vs cypres 2

Pro's They both save your life?

Umm, i dont know much but the location of the cutter would do more than the type i would think. Say if it miss fires or dosent cut the loop all the way... it could make it a total malfunction or prevent you from pulling the reserve (or so i heard). I would like to know more about this!

I dont think that there would be much difference in either. They both cut a loop, and do it well. I think how the loop and cutter is configured is more important.
Cheers

Jon W

Pro's They both save your life?

Umm, i dont know much but the location of the cutter could be different. Say if it miss fires or dosent cut the loop all the way... it could make it a total malfunction.

Like i said i dont know but these are some of the things if you were to look into it.

I dont think that there would be much difference in either. They both cut a loop, and do it well. I think how the loop and cutter is configured is more important.

This is why you shouldn't give advice yet.;)

The location of the cutter isn't determined by the AAD, it's determined by the manufacturer of the harness/container assembly. I believe the mfgrs have Airtec test them to ensure compliance though.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

This is why you shouldn't give advice yet.;)

The location of the cutter isn't determined by the AAD, it's determined by the manufacturer of the harness/container assembly.

I know, but i am trying to make a point that there are a lot of other things to consider too, i mean if your going to get into that much detail.

I mean if you want to be that much safer you should get a rig with a belly strap too. Both systems if approved by the rig's manufacture should operate almost the same.
Cheers

Jon W

I know, but i am trying to make a point that there are a lot of other things to consider too, i mean if your going to get into that much detail.

I mean if you want to be that much safer you should get a rig with a belly strap too

If he follows the link I sent him, he will have PLENTY of reading a head of him to make his decision.

If I want to be that much safer, I wouldn't jump. I pick and choose my jumps based on what the plan is, I've sat down from some that were going to be IMO dangerous, and I even stopped from doing coach jumps when I pulled my Argus out before I put my Vigil in.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I'm to old to be a test jumper so I choose cypress as the aad's in my rigs. Vigil has been an engineering on the fly product since it hit the market in my opinion. My last chance isn't something I want to worry about.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I mean if you want to be that much safer you should get a rig with a belly strap too

Again, maybe you should not be giving advice yet.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334