airtwardo

Seattle area question

I'm from the Seattle area, but I really couldn't answer all your questions. Have you tried mapping it on MapQuest or something? I cannot remember which ferry or where you catch it, for Orcas Island. Seattle Metro website should be able to tell you if there is a bus route between the airport and the ferry terminal. Geez, I'm not much help am I?

Orcas Island is beautiful, but it has been a long time since I've been there.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Gotta love Google.

Here's the ferry schedule I found for you.

As for getting to the ferry terminals from the airport, it's about 20 miles north, and I think the least expensive way is to catch a FREE shuttle to one of the downtown hotels. From there, you could catch a FREE bus ride that'll get you close enough to the ferries.
My other ride is the relative wind.

Hello!

I live near Seattle (south) and just recently got back from a trip to Orcas.

You can take a bus from the airport to Anacortes, this will get you to the Ferry. If I remember right it takes like 45minutes or an hour or something on the ferry, but the trip to Anacortes from Sea-Tac would be longer than that. I would think that getting to Orcas via public transportation could easily take you 4-5 hours. I would rent a car.

Is there jumping there? When I was there I couldn't even find a place to buy a CD! Any CD at all! Oh, except like "Naturesongs" and stuff.

MB|

The last mosquito that bit me had to book into the Betty Ford Clinic. -Patsy

Thanks..
My better 1/2 is already there, and has rented a car...
There is a marathon around the island on Sunday.
I was kicking around the idea of just showing up to cheer her on.
I don't really want to spend the bucks to have two rental cars sitting there, If ya know what I mean.
If it's only 20 miles...maybe a cab would work out.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Well, all of you make me feel rather stupid after all of you were so helpful!!! Next time, I'll do some research:(.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Sea Tac to Anacortes where the ferry terminal is, is at least a 2.5 hour drive depending on time of day and perhaps much more like 4 hours getting thru Seattle trafffic then Everett trafic. Standard rush hour times apply.... Once you get past US HWY 2( the exit you would take toget to Snohomish the DZ I jump at most of the time) its just a little over an hour. Once you are on the ferry its a beautiful ride thru the San Juan Islands with the possibility of seeing a pod of Orca whales.

Amazon

The husband who decides to surprise his wife is often very much surprised himself. --Voltaire

Yeah, but speaking as someone who has been a wife, this would be the good kind of surprise for me.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

"cesspool of information" WOW! I have reached a new level!

There is a shuttle that runs a number of times a day from SeaTac to the Anacortis /SanJuan Ferry Docks and it is about $30 for an adult one way. Here is the link for information. If you go with this and combine it with the Ferry information you could probably get there pretty cheap:

http://www.airporter.com/airporter/airporter.html

Kenmore air might be able to get you up there for about $90, give or take. Also check on the internet specials they offer. they have a free shuttle from Seatac to their air terminal. http://www.kenmoreair.com/

West Ile Air also goes there fromm the Seattle area:
http://flyaow.com/flight/WestIsleAir%5B3L%5D_tickets_reservations_schedules.htm

Here is some more basic information:
You travel to Orcas Island either by plane or by ferry. The Washington State Ferry System serves Orcas Island from the mainland terminal in Anacortes several times a day, and from Sidney, near Victoria, British Columbia, once daily. By car, the drive from Seattle to the Anacortes ferry terminal takes about 2 hours. Take I-5 north to the Highway 20 exit just north of Mt. Vernon. Take Highway 20 west, following the signs through Anacortes to the San Juan Islands Ferry Terminal. In the summer, the ferries are crowded. Plan to be at the terminal a minimum of 2 hours prior to the scheduled sailing in order to avoid lengthy delays. You can call the Washington State Ferries at (800)843-3779 for current schedules and advice on when to arrive for your planned sailing. Visit the Ferries web site at Washington State Ferries

West Isle Air departs from Boeing Field, near SeaTac airport and arrives in Eastsound, Orcas Island several times daily. Harbor Air (floatplanes) depart from Lake Washington, in Seattle, and arrive in West Sound. Kenmore Air will fly into Deer Harbor by special arrangement. Taxi service, car rentals, and a summer bus line are available on Orcas Island. Be sure to have your local transportation arranged prior to your arrival.

Lots of information and hope some of it helps. the WX up here is going to be awesome for the next few days....

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I was kicking around the idea of just showing up to cheer her on.

The husband who decides to surprise his wife is often very much surprised himself. --Voltaire

She's an airline pilot that is gone to international destinations 1/2 the month...and I'm away from home 1/2 the year performing at airshows...if we didn't trust each other, we wouldn't be together!
...;)besides, she has two thirds of our brood with her...LOL;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~