PhillyKev

Brain teaser...

Ok...no yes/no questions....just give me your answer.

You buy a square plot of land that measures 1 mile by 1 mile. You want to land your Otter on it but you know that requires a runway of at least 1.25 miles to land. You own a tractor that can tilt land at a 10% gradient at any given point. Can you create a runway that will allow you land your plane? How would you do it if so?

yeah....you'd be suprised how many people try to slope the land to make it longer ;)

I ask questions like that when I interview people....yeah, I'm a prick.

Here's another one.

What is the beginning of eternity? The end of time and space? The beginning of every end? And the end of every place?

Actually it's around the corner from work where there are 2 starbucks on the corners directly diagonal from each other. I think the manhole cover in the middle of the intersection leads to hell where every cup of coffee requires a cosigner to purchase and tastes like burnt card board.:S

yeah....you'd be suprised how many people try to slope the land to make it longer ;)

I ask questions like that when I interview people....yeah, I'm a prick.

Here's another one.

What is the beginning of eternity? The end of time and space? The beginning of every end? And the end of every place?

I believe it is E.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

Suppose you are on a boat in the middle of a lake. On the boat, you have a very heavy lead anchor. If you were to drop the anchor into the lake, would the water level rise, fall, or stay the same? Why?

I declare this off limit to Kallend or BillVon or any other mechanical engineer/physics professor typies :P

well it all depends if it hits the bottom, if it does then the water level will drop (as the boat rises), if it doesn't then the level will stay the same.

Of course if it is an artificial lake it could just punch a hole through the lining at the bottom of the lake and then the water level will really fall and you'll probably have a really pissed off lake owner.

well it all depends if it hits the bottom, if it does then the water level will drop (as the boat rises), if it doesn't then the level will stay the same.

Hmmm..yes, it hits the bottom. Didn't consider it wouldn't. And yes, the water level will fall when it hits the bottom. But if it didn't hit the bottom, I suppose it would rise. You still have the mass of the anchor pulling the boat down plus you've added the displacement of the anchor as well.

Ok...no yes/no questions....just give me your answer.

You buy a square plot of land that measures 1 mile by 1 mile. You want to land your Otter on it but you know that requires a runway of at least 1.25 miles to land. You own a tractor that can tilt land at a 10% gradient at any given point. Can you create a runway that will allow you land your plane? How would you do it if so?

DUHHHH the answer is...WHY THE FUK ARE YOU LANDING IN THE PLANE! dont hire anyone who gets this wrong!
My photos

My Videos

well, the effect of the mass of the anchor acting on the hull of the boat before, would, depending on the size of the boat, displace more or less water than the volume of the anchor itself. I'd assume it'd displace less than the anchor, so when you toss the anchor into the water, the boat will rise, displacing it's original amount minus the amount caused by the mass of the anchor and the anchor will cause the water level to rise an amount equal to it's volume. So, same? no, cuz on the one hand you have a boat with bouancy, displacing less water than the anchor would, So I'm gonna say it'd rise, by a very very slight amount.

But it depends on whether the displacement due to the added mass of the anchor in the boat is greater than the volume of the anchor.