BikerBabe

Wish me luck

I leave in a half hour to attempt to qualify on the M9.

That's spend all day shooting a 9-mm Beretta in order to pass a timed test for the military. I'm not a gun person, and I haven't shot since Basic Training, where I just barely qualified. The gun is large, I have small hands, and it is a bitch for me to handle and fire properly. Certainly NOT a gun I would buy if I were so inclined.

However, I need to qualify in order to go on a trip that I want/need to go on.

I need good luck and vibes to calm my nerves...
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Well, good luck then. Relax, and feel it there. You'll do great, Andie.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Good luck to ya!

You can do it. Beretta 9mm guns are pretty forgiving compared to others you could be using (like a snub-nose .38 ).

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway

Good luck coming your way.

BTW, for those of you who receive Skydiving Magazine, check out page 19. Notice the SkyVenture ad. If you hunt around you'll find our little BikerBabe;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

HEY!! Thanks everyone...I had no problems qualifying...30/36 on the little man-shaped target.

I can now go on my trip if they decide to send me.

Yay!

And I'm actually in that SkyVenture ad twice. See if you can find me again....;) It helps to know the person who designs the ads...
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

HEY!! Thanks everyone...I had no problems qualifying...30/36 on the little man-shaped target.

Now you just have to hope the bad guys are shaped like the little man shaped targets eh?;):D:D:P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

congrates!

i was going to say make sure they give you a good one..seemed like after about 700 rounds the military issue M9s needed a new barrel..we had one in our armory that was pretty much an indirect fire weapon at anything over 10 meters..:S was fun to give it to the new lt's ;)

LOL...really.

If the world were perfect, they'd let me fire the M-16, since I shot expert in that in basic training. And all the enemies would be little man shaped targets. B|

Yeah, in our class of 14, 3 people had cracked slides. :S