jillr

260lb jumper...

no... it's not me! I got an inquiry a couple days ago from a gentleman weighing 260lbs looking to make a jump. We've set our weight limit at 220 but if there's a place in the midwest or central states that can accomodate him, I want to pass your info on so let me know!

I just want to give the guy a lead about where to go... he didn't say in the email he sent me. The options in nebraska, or even in a couple hundred mile area top out around 220lbs... I'll leave the deciding to him.

this is not the same guy as jill is talking about, but it was still a funny email i got awhile back
------------------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern:

I have been searching all around and can't seem to find a place to do a first jump due to my size and I'm not sure if any of that is going to change. I'm not 300 lbs. but I am 6'6" tall and I am 250. I have always wanted to try this but now can't seem to find a place. Your weight req. are the closest I could find. Any suggestions If I drop under 220 that would be
very unhealty for my size. Am I out of luck. Couldn't you just put one of those parachutes on me that are used to drop trucks and tanks. That woud work wouldn't it. Thank you for your help.

Name removed to protect the whuffo
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

If your guy is looking at tandem, you might be able to try AFFI in Boone, IA. I was 6'5" 250+ lbs when i made my tandem and they took me up. I would hate to send him a barrage of difficult (hefty) tandems, but what the hell, he just got a new engine in his C-182.

It is located about 1 hour north north west of Des Moines and contact info is in Parachutist. The owner/tandem master is a friendly, smaller guy with 11,000+ and would be more than capable of taking this guy if he was comfortable with it. He jumps a large Vector tandem rig.

b

when i trained at SDSL i weighed in at 225#, hook was my divemaster. since then my weight has balloned to 270#, but with a lot of work i am now down to 240#. that said, should i be glad i had my license already? that didn't stop me from jumping my 170^2 parachutes. although having the experience of a number of jumps behind me, i didn't really notice any difference under canopy until i chose a certain brand. but for the record that was when i was 245#, like i said i'm 240# now. i can't see why this particular jumper wanna be shouldn't be able to jump a J-7 with a 280+ in it AFF style, that is if he's willing to risk it, i'd take him up in a minute, because i know he couldn't get away from me! ;)

P.S. edit to add "i've seen 280# students go up on tandems at SDSL in the past, i wouldn't reccomend it, but i observed it."
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Tell him to PM me, I can help him find what would work for him and I know that we could most definately take care of him at SD Aggieland, or atleast I could help explain his options for jumping. Especially since I weigh 245lbs right now.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

HAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!! no, no.........that is not how it went! first you showed everyone that in order to keep up with me you had to go head down..............then, you talked to everybody about the really cool swoop you made with all that extra weight............then, you rubbed chris m. because you were able to slow down enough not to get knocked out on openning!!!!!!!! and i have the video to prove it!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAAHA>>>>>>nice try!!!!!!!!!!:P;)B|:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

I was 246 going through AFF.. No one seemed to mind.. Thomaston, GA first jump, Byron, CA for the rest. Thankfully I lost a little since then and now i watch my girlish figger.. :P
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures