Michele

Oh, help! (Computer illiterate seeks guru)

O.K., so I have some great pictures, and I need - I mean, absolutely postivily need - to get them somewhere via e-mail by tomorrow morning. My very future may rest on this..

For whatever reason, I cannot get them to make friends with my e-mail. I've sent photos before (but not these...). They've come through before. So I know the attachment thingy works. But no. It wants a raise. More lovin'. Better food. Larger desk. I dunno....so now, when I really need to do it - not just fun photos, but serious stuff - it won't work for me!!!!!!!!!! I tried yesterday, no joy. Just tried again, no joy.

Something is wonky, and I am sooooooooooo computer illiterate. I have no idea what else to try...

Oh, help! Please????????????

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Can you be a little more specific? Will the photos not 'attach' to message? Or, do they attach, and the the receipient cannot open? Please elaborate.

Oh yea, what email 'client' do you use...i.e. Outlook, Outlook Express, Incredimail, etc?

And one more thing, if you use free internet based email, i.e. Hotmail, Yahoo, etc, there is a size limit to attachments that they allow. Yahoo's limit is 3 Meg, so if you have several files (pic), you usually have to send them via several messages.

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

are they possibly too big, or in a different format (for example .bmp 's instead of .jpg 's.)???

it sounds stupid, but sometimes my email won't send a picture thats like over a megabyte, but it just gives back some unspecified error code.

MB 3528, RB 1182

Let's see. Specificity...

Earthlink. Netscape (6.0?)

I am not getting an error...it's just not loading. It's nearly 30 minutes since I started loading one single pix, and it is not done. There's no error code...there's just nothing.....

Size is varied...1.02 m, 954 kb, etc....I've sent some larger pix before...it's just not answering me. Won't even give me an error code!

:|

Ciels-
Michele

O.K., so I have some great pictures, and I need - I mean, absolutely postivily need - to get them somewhere via e-mail by tomorrow morning. My very future may rest on this..

For whatever reason, I cannot get them to make friends with my e-mail. I've sent photos before (but not these...). They've come through before. So I know the attachment thingy works. But no. It wants a raise. More lovin'. Better food. Larger desk. I dunno....so now, when I really need to do it - not just fun photos, but serious stuff - it won't work for me!!!!!!!!!! I tried yesterday, no joy. Just tried again, no joy.

Something is wonky, and I am sooooooooooo computer illiterate. I have no idea what else to try...

Oh, help! Please????????????

Ciels-
Michele

Michele,

Please tell me the following:

1.-What type of internet conection do you have: Modem (dial up), Cable, DSL, or r u mailing from work?

2.- What software are u using for e-mail, ie if you are on the website of hotmail, and from there you are trying to send these pics.

3.- I will need to know the size of the pics files....

You can e-mail me and if you have a good connection I could take over from my place and teach you.....from the internet...

Blue skies mon ami......
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Is the 'upload' process actually completing? How many pic files are you trying to attach at a time? While 52.6 is a great dial-up connection speed, dial-up is still painfully slow.

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

Damn damn damn damn.

DAMN!

No, Katie, I haven't...maybe I should.

Skymut, they are not. Not even one single one.

Chris - go get a dictionary. Keep up....;)

PHOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ciels-
Michele

I don't know if you are familiar with Winzip (or any other compression tool), but you might could compress them before attaching. Not sure if that would help.

Matt

If this doesn't work, I'll just shoot myself.

Naw, don't do that, it's not worth it. All the computers in the world (or any other thing) isn't worth one human life.;)

Matt