PhillyKev

Man, I hope this isn't true...

It was my outcry of frustration with the policies of this individual.

I do not believe that his "righteous warrior" attitude does justice to the opinion of the american people.

Unfortunately I see the results in Europe and elsewhere, and it is not a happy scenery.

I hope the things will turn better after the next election.... and if not.... your country will find itself in a position it does not deserve being in.

Kindly: JL[:/]

I used to think that the whole scenario of the end of days in the Bible was too far fetched to ever really "come to pass". But I think there is an underlying current of certain groups to make it a self fullfilling prophecy. The more there is unrest and strife in the middle east, the more I begin to worry about that little town of Meggido in the hills of central Isreal. It seems the forces really are gathering for that truely momentous conflagration there.:(

Amazon

Michael I have a question for you:

How can you not be furious with the fact that the Roman Catholic Church has stated that they will not defrock (sp) a priest unless he is a serial offender when it comes to sexual misconduct?

Do you really think that a priest getting head from a 10 year old boy should be kept in a smililar position and be allowed to continue to be a priest? Do you think it is right that a priest can remain a priest after committing such an act because that is the current position of the RC Church, just as long as you don't do it again. (under the assumption that twice can be considered a serial offence).

I am still surprised that no one in the church is speaking up about this. I can understand the clergymen not saying anything, but how as a follower of the church can you condone such a stance?

I am INCREDIBLY furious about it! I'm not saying he needs to be defrocked (meaning removed from the priesthood), but he DEFINATELY needs to be removed from active ministry!! ON THE FIRST OFFENSE! I new a priest who was also a sexual deviant. He didn't abuse kids, but was into other stuff. When he was discovered, he was forced into treatment (the inpatient part lasting over 1 year) with mandatory outpatient visits, lasting one week each, for the next 7 years. He was immediately removed from active ministry and was delegated to some other role w/i the church.

Given the intractable nature of pedophilia, priests who abuse kids need to be removed from ministry immediately. And should they ever be allowed to return, it can't be for a very long time, IF EVER. But we also need to distinguish sexual abuse that is truly pedophilic in nature versus homosexual sex with post-pubescent men. The both exist and are both wrong. However, the press has not acknowledged this distinction much but it is important.

Another thing that needs to happen immediately is that the seminaries need to be cleaned up! I've seen the inside of seminaries, at least a couple. A lot of them, at least in our country, are bastions of sexual activity that men in formation for the priesthood should not be participating in. And if the want to, then they shouldn't be pursuing the priesthood. Part of the "job description" is celibacy! True, many don't like that and think it is unhealthy. But, that's the way it is right now. Also, seminarians need to be screened better. There are far too many men joining seminaries to "escape" or "fix" parts of their sexualities that are unhealthy, i.e. attraction to minors. I've seen for myself that this is the case. The seminary is NOT primarly a big therapy school. That stuff should be dealt with BEFORE hand.

So, in case I haven't answered it already, no, a priest getting head from a ten year old should NOT be kept in the same position unless and until it happens a second time. We need to assume it WILL happen a second time.

And people ARE speaking up about this . I'm quite vocal (as you've no doubt realized) as are most of my Catholic friends. Our children are our future. They are the most innocent of victims and it boils my blood to see them abused . I don't know if I can be more clear on the matter...

-the artist formerly known as sinker

I agree with everything Michael just said, except that I don't believe the celibacy requirement will be lifted anytime soon. As for the seminaries, I happen to know for a fact that the screening process has become much more detailed and the candidates are under a lot more scrutiny. It's baby steps, but steps nonetheless in the right direction.

And yes, as a Catholic, I am outraged. Not with the true deposit of the faith, but how it has been handled over the years. This situation really is just coming to light within the past 10 years. Which is a good thing. I see it as cleaning out the church of those who do not belong ministering to the flock. I am very close to this situation as I know someone personally who was a victim and I have seen first hand the damage that is done.

I pray everyday for the leaders of the Catholic Church that they deal with this situation in the best way possible. Don't forget though that there are countless priests who are good and take their vows very seriously. These couragous men continue to lead their flocks properly despite the stigma they must live with.

Chris

How can one believe something that came out of Russia?????? Bush is kicking some raghead ass some may say that he is only finishing what his dad did not finish. It may be true but the US hating ragheads need to see that we are serious. The only way to do that is kick some ass. Saddam is a dumbass he needs to die, Bin Laden is a dumbass as well he needs to die also. All the terrorists must die. In that matter anyone against the 'ol USA must die.

You can believe something that came out of Russia when it's corroborated. Being a former enemy of the US doesn't make you untrustworthy. Really.

If you read some of the other posts, there's quite a bit of corroboration.

As far as "anyone who is against the USA must die" thing is concerned, be very careful. Consider how many different definitions of "against the USA" there might be, and whether you might fall into one of them. Wouldn't that just suck.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

still, 6'1" is wonderful... i used to date a girl who was that tall. oh baby...

I still do. Wonderful is right, especially when we're both dressed to kill and we walk into a room full of normal-sized people. Heads turn, baby B|

I'm 6'5"... my minimum height requirement for girlfriends used to be 5'8", then 5'10... now look where it's gotten me.

Our children are going to be huge.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

And here we have another example of racist hate mongering stating no facts or valid observations. Only vitriolic hatred that serves no good purpose and is not a solution to any problems.

Much like a lot of Bush's own statements and sentiments. [:/]

except that I don't believe the celibacy requirement will be
lifted anytime soon.

to clarify what I said before, I don't think celibacy will be lifted either... but I think that is much more likely to change that for women to be priests...

-the artist formerly known as sinker

The way you are going about it. But call it on its real terms, be honest.

You do not need brown nosing coalitions to back you up. Neither should you break your relations with your friends who are of the opinion, that it is mostly your fight. You should have respect to their honesty.

Tell your leaders to quit mixing things up with religion..... I have said it before and say again..... leave that crap to mullahs.

And finally, be just in your victory. Treat and call your enemies in acceptable terms or you wiil find out, that the sweet taste of revenge will have a bitter after taste even in your own mouths.

Kindly: JL

How can one believe something that came out of Russia?????? Bush is kicking some raghead ass some may say that he is only finishing what his dad did not finish. It may be true but the US hating ragheads need to see that we are serious. The only way to do that is kick some ass. Saddam is a dumbass he needs to die, Bin Laden is a dumbass as well he needs to die also. All the terrorists must die. In that matter anyone against the 'ol USA must die.

Wow... you have a lot of hate towards people you dont even know. As far as being "ragheads" that is complete ignorance of a people's culture and lack of respect for other people. Hate will not solve anything and such rethoric will only make things worse. I am against the united states. I am not against its people but the goverment which enslaves the people. unfortunately you have been brain washed by mass media and such hateful propaganda that you come to view an entire group of people with hate. It really makes me sad that media has such power over people. In general the citizens of the united states are great people and I enjoy the freedom I recieve here however it continues the way it has been going, I fear our freedoms will be totally removed. Anyways.

Peace

Sean

Sean
Sean In Thailand

I used to think that the whole scenario of the end of days in the Bible was too far fetched to ever really "come to pass". But I think there is an underlying current of certain groups to make it a self fullfilling prophecy. The more there is unrest and strife in the middle east, the more I begin to worry about that little town of Meggido in the hills of central Isreal. It seems the forces really are gathering for that truely momentous conflagration there.:(

Amazon

Wel,, I thought in that direction too.
Bush 1&2 (and yes..."Rice", imagine that)
Are all "made men" with the top Masonic order (not the Local Mason worker Ants that have it brandished in public). If you know the Skull & Bones, that was "their entry level".:|
This was made public years ago
I was never to be a member due to my Christian beliefs & style of prayer being "Not acceptable" at there temple, referred to as the Zembo Mosque.>:((I thought I was joining a mens group and was never told by my Dad "Gov't spook" why he despised them) Crap! I thought "Hey, free Bagpipe lessons & a band!
"Man" can not serve 2 Masters. -the BIG Book (that I should read more than 3 times a year[:/]
-Grant

All the terrorists must die.

All the one in the CIA, too?

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
That's why my Dad trusted less the more he work the them(Bush Clan too/same thing)
The Snipers/Opts to help certain people escape from "foreign hostage" missions (a lot for Other gov'ts) while my Dad planned & negotiated, was uncomforted with them also working less than legal runs on a reg. basis. (a lot of Blood money)
p.s. Dad is now dead. Yep I trust my dog, that's it (the cat looks too shifty)
-Grant