skydiverbrian

People, please keep your eyes open!

Bad news in Knoxville. I can totally empathize with everyone involved here, but it's a really shitty situation. Please keep the stereos turned down, and everyone (including emergency responders) pay careful attention to the other traffic. :(

Check out the story and video here...
ambulance crash

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

Sounds like everyone involved fucked up. The Honda should have seen/heard the ambulance, the ambulance should have slowed (if the light was red) to check for idiots, the Chevy should have been going slower or should have stopped in case the Ambulance was to turn left.

I'm interested in hearing what the people around here in the emergency field have to say about this.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DAMN[:/]

Im guessing the Ambulance was GOING TO help someone.( it didnt say anything about a person in care) I wonder what happened to them![:/]

When I worked for AMR if an ambulance had a wreck en-route to a call, they imediately radioed in they were in a wreck and then another ambulance was imedately dispatched to the call. The way we worked in MS we were on rotating posts (as opposed to stations) so there was typically another ambulance that could get to the scene within 5 minutes.

I'm interested in hearing what the people around here in the emergency field have to say about this.

Yes, me too. Im currently enrolled in an Emergency Services course with starting as an EMT as a goal.
I think about the hazards driving an ambulance pose to the ambulance crew AND the general public.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Sounds like everyone involved fucked up. The Honda should have seen/heard the ambulance, the ambulance should have slowed (if the light was red

The article states the honda pulled from a sales lot... It does not state there was a traffic light. I believe (depending on the state laws) the Ambulance had the right of way whether or not the lights and sirens were on. When entering a road from a driveway, or lot, you must yield the right of way to traffic on the road.

The family calls the intersection dangerous and says they will seek legal action.

This is the stupid part! But I guess its part of our culture. If you screw up, file a lawsuit.

[When I worked for AMR if an ambulance had a wreck en-route to a call, they imediately radioed in they were in a wreck and then another ambulance was imedately dispatched to the call. The way we worked in MS we were on rotating posts (as opposed to stations) so there was typically another ambulance that could get to the scene within 5 minutes.

that what I was figuring.

Had a friend whos mother died of a heart attack(It didnt help that the EMT locked the keys in the truck when they got out.
they had to call another one in. she died on the scene[:/]
My photos

My Videos

The ambulance was responding to a call. No patients onboard.

There is no light at that intersection.

The intersection is at the bottom of a hill.

There is an access road that runs parallel to the main road. The left-turner had to cross the access road before she could have seen traffic on the main road.

No idea about the nature of the call they were responding to. Would be even more tragic if it wasn't a real emergency.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal