Kerozene

Whuffo = ?

Hi guys (and girls)

I'm kinda new here to these forums...

I know that a whuffo is someone who haven't jumped yet... But why is it called a "whu - ffo".

I'm french-canadian by origin so I'm not totaly familiar with english terms...

I've done a search in the forums... found nothing...

"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset....people DIE!!!"

hey mate it doesnt stop there... the order of things in the sport can be termed as:

Whuffo
Student
Geek
Alright
Cool n Groovey

Once quoted to me by a Cool n Groovey

I must be a geek then.I need 13 more jumps for my B.ANd butt loads of RW training.

Whuffo refers to the average person on the street who thinks that jumping out of airplanes is stupid/crazy/otherwise hard to understand. Whuffos would ask you, "What for?" Hope that clears it up for ya.

This is the funny thing about it but...... You cannot lable anyone based on jumps or whatever.....I wrote a paper on this for my Sociology Degree..I tried to understand how and why you get labled and why you fall into a certain definition or ' group'.
I found 'A geek' is someone who is all brightly coloured ..But again depends on who you speak too...and where you are in the world.So it was very difficult to get an exact meaning...based on the above.

But the terms are not degradatory in any respect.Also the lableing terminology changes for whatever disapline you do.eg Crew Dog ? if so why not Freefly Dog ?

Peace B|