skybytch

FL here I come - travel ??'s

I fly out of LAX at 11:45 am. I figure I need to be there by about 9:45-10:00. That will put me in the middle of morning rush hour traffic and I'll have to pay a high price for long term parking.

Alternately, I could drive in this evening and get a room at a motel near the a/p that offers both a shuttle and long term parking (found one w/parking for $7 a day; room's only $60 a night).

Knowing that LA rush hour traffic bites the big one and that LAX is located in one of the worst traffic areas anyway... which would you do?

And for those who've flown recently with their Cypres equipped rig... I'm checking mine in a suitcase. Should I include a note explaining what it is?

Thanks!

Hey Lisa. I just traveled to Arizona and back from Washington National and had NO problem with my cypres equipped rig. I've been stopped and had my bags searched over tweezers but they had no interest in my rig!:S Go figure. Good luck!

Fall in dove.

I agree with Kate. Sleep is overrated and what else you going to do on the plane?

As for the cypres. I carried one rig and checked on on the last trip/s. No problem with either rig or cypres. I did put a note in the checked one so they knew what it was.

The only thing that really bothered them was my weights. Something about not being able to see inside.

Have fun and be safe.

The other Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I was in the States recently, and it took me 3 hours and two missed flights to get through security at LAX.

That said, we did have to go through the ultrahigh security line, with like 60 people waiting and one person scanning.

I would have thought that one of the busiest airports in the world would have their shit together. They don't (didn't...)

Just be wary.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies