nubain1

Ok,Let's see who knows their '80s glam bands

Only Appetite for Destruction, they got wimpy after that.

I honestly don't understand what people saw in the "Use Your Illusion" albums.

First time I heard it I said "God this SUCKS!". So I popped in Master of Puppets. ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

OK lessee, back in the mid 80s I was listening to...

Zeppelin
Doors
Floyd
Hendrix
Bob Marley
Joe Satriani
Sabbath
Ozzy
Maiden
Priest
Crue
Dio
Def Leppard (pre-Hysteria)
Scorpions
Heaven (there's an obscure one for ya)
Accept
Whitesnake
Deep Purple

I don't listen to any of that much anymore. I get bored with music easily so I try to keep up with the new stuff...

SOAD
Staind (though their new CD is lame)
Slayer (never too old for Slayer ;))
Evanescence
Primus (when I'm feeling weird)
Tool

I'm getting bored again though. Need to find some good up & coming hard bands (Linkin Park just doesn't do anything for me).

- Z

The Back Room is still an awesome place to see some really great bands; I have an old friend who plays there a lot, and I've seen a lot of really great players there over the past 5 years or so...

That's cool... That place was my favorite stomping ground in the early 90's - then the place just kinda died there for a while - I haven't been back there in ages, but it's good to hear it's still going... I'll have to drop in the next time I'm in Austin...

After I got older and "more mature" (yeah right ;) I started hanging at the Continental Club on South Congress, and that's been my main hangout ever since... (except I'm living in California right now, so the Bombshelter Bar on the Perris DZ is my hangout ;)

these days the lead singer Taime Down DJs at the Viper Room every so often....

Ok well now I've ended up going to the damn Faster Pussycat website and it looks like they're actually still at it! (I'm pretty sure there was something productive I was supposed to be doing today??? ;)

Maybe I'll try to check him out at the Viper Room sometime... I think I like that club, but it seems like every time I go there I can never seem remember anything! :S>:(

I seriously have a picture of me blowing out all the candles that people left in River Phoenix's memory in front of the Viper Room.

That said, I was the antithesis of glam rock in the 80's. I was an Industrial/Progressive fan. No makeup though. Earlier 80's to me were 38 special, Molly Hatchet, etc.

Chuck

OK lessee, back in the mid 80s I was listening to...

Zeppelin
Doors
Floyd
Hendrix
Bob Marley
Joe Satriani
Sabbath
Ozzy
Maiden
Priest
Crue
Dio
Def Leppard (pre-Hysteria)
Scorpions
Heaven (there's an obscure one for ya)
Accept
Whitesnake
Deep Purple

I don't listen to any of that much anymore. I get bored with music easily so I try to keep up with the new stuff...

damnit weve got the same taste in music.
afew more or less obscure bands I listend to were metal church(the dark and badlands kicked ass)
Overkill (i liked most of em but years of decay was nicely engineered)
ANTHRAX(to this day one of my fav albums is the sound of white noise)
I wasnt into glam bands but Cinderalla's first album was actually good for the time!
ALICE COOPER was my absolute first influence. I went and bought ..(I think I stole it) constrictor.
I was looking tfor billion dollars babies I never heard of Constictor so I grabbed it instead! I was like 14 years old! wlecome to my nioght mare is among my list!:D this req's a new thread!:D
My photos

My Videos

Well I wasnt a huge fan of glam bands either.... I was into the depressing Brit bands around at the time. I have a open mind when it comes to music though. Smiths, Cure, New Order, Police, early U2 yazoo,

For any of you LA people, have a look at this site.. and if you can go see the show

http://www.calahanrocks.com/calahan2_001.htm

Hope you don't get Banned!

I wasnt into glam bands but Cinderalla's first album was actually good for the time!

Dude. We have EXACTLY the same taste in music.

I wasn't into the hair band stuff either (Poison? Ugh) but I have always told people, and they look at me like I'm crazy, that Cinderella actually rocked. If you get past the stupid name and the hairspray, they were actually very talented musicians.

Oh, and my first album? AC/DC's "If You Want Blood, You Got It". Bought every AC/DC album through "For Those About To Rock" after that. ;)

- Z

Ok well now I've ended up going to the damn Faster Pussycat website and it looks like they're actually still at it! (I'm pretty sure there was something productive I was supposed to be doing today??? ;)

Maybe I'll try to check him out at the Viper Room sometime... I think I like that club, but it seems like every time I go there I can never seem remember anything! :S>:(

Faster Pusstcat just played in CO Springs about 2weeks ago with Pretty Boy Floyd,Steven Adler of the old GNR and a local band.I was not fortunate enough to go see them.I do know that L.A. Guns is coming through And I will be sure to see them.Jackyl played here last week also.

I just d/l some Cinderella- they're still good!
not as good as RATT- out of the cellar but Im listenin' to the night songs album and im not bored, yet! they shoulda shot them for doing that "dont know whatcha got til its gone" song.
My photos

My Videos

ratt was enjoyable, but my fave were the scorpions... i had every single album they ever produced, including virgin killers w/ the scandalous cover (wasn't such a good catholic boy back then...:$)

-the artist formerly known as sinker

does anyone remember
"Dangerous toys"? the teasn pleasn album was good but after that. they were garbage!

I've been listening to their 1st album alot lately.Along with Trixter,Vixen,Wasp.Live Faster Pussycat,Live LA GUns and a lot of old Ozzy.

I was into the depressing Brit bands around at the time. I have a open mind when it comes to music though. Smiths, Cure, New Order, Police, early U2 yazoo,

Whoa...me too. This was my type of music when I was in high school. I listened to all these bands in the 80's. I remember The Cure being my favorite when I was about 14. I was heavily into the Brits in the 80's.

Remember ~
"Farewell to these marshes
Hemmed in like a boar between arches
Her very Lowness with a head in a sling
I'm truly sorry - it sounds like a wonderful thing"

Hey, I am in L.A. and I could probably make that Calahan show on Monday night. What would you say their music is like? Seeing that we have had similar taste in music, I may actually go. Have you heard them live, Sadsue?

Yah Vanilla,

I said Charles, don't you ever craze
To appear on the front of the Daily Mail
Blessed in your Mother's bridal veil ?

As for Calahan, They rock live..... Well worth watching seeing. What do they sound like??? They sound like GUN and Roses on PCP!!! Great Stage presence, the drummer is a trip to watch and there songs are tight. There an interesting crew to chat to and very approchable. If you do go.. Walk up and say hi to Trent.. He's plays bass... and he's one of the coolest people on the planet!!!!! I highly recommend it as an excellent way to spend yer evening. ;)

Hope you don't get Banned!