rmsmith

This little piggy got infected

For all you barefoot and sandal wearing skydivers particularly the swoopers, here we have a toe nail injury that was ignored until a major infection moved in for the five-star meal. Yes, that glossy white thing is bone! Be careful out there!!

toe.jpg

What are they doing for the treatment of that?

It was split open with two large horizontal cuts to enhance drainage, many cleanings per day while in an isolation ward, IV antibiotics, and some other things I'm not familiar with to deal staph infections. It was almost removed from what I understand.

I showed this to my girlfriend (registered nurse) and she said that it is infected. You need to clean it with Iodine, Alcohol (not a beer) and or hydrogen peroxide and cover it with a clean/sterile dressing and sometime soon you need to go to the doctor and get antibiotics/topical antibiotics. keep your feet out of the woodchipper. If there is any generalized symptoms such as fever...go to the doctor sooner than later. Peace and please don't lick it! (that's is not proper cleaning)

Blue skies...and black feet.:)

LOL, where was she registered.

That toe is one knife away from amputating bro.[:/]
and I would probably let it go in order to avoid bone infection. So seeing doctor sometime soon does not quite cut it....... well... he might.

It's like a train wreck. You know you'll be sorry, but you have to look. We need a [puke]

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

That's disgusting! Not because it's a gory wound, but because whoever's foot that is has no personal hygiene skills. That kind of infection does not happen overnight. A regular, thorough cleaning of the original injury could have prevented this. Yuk!

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

That kind of infection does not happen overnight.

There were other injuries, and the owner couldn't reach that far down to change the dressing. That's two days worth of infection (over a weekend) because the insurance HMO wouldn't cover a hospital stay or home nursing visits. Needless to say, it was a trip right back to the hospital for a long visit in a sterilized room trying to trim the staph's appetite for warm flesh. Let's hear it for managed care!

Just when I found the matchy-matchy tevas I needed to go along with my skydiving ensemble, this picture comes up. Yuck, I'll stick with my tennies! :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon