Bluhdow

Snowboard/Ski Goggles

Anyone ever use snowboard or ski goggles for skydiving?

I did a search and saw someone asked the inverse question, but that wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

I've seen clips of people BASE jumping with them, but would they be too bulky and maybe come off your face during a skydive?

Just curious, because my snowboard goggles are way more comfortable, haha.

Thanks.
Apex BASE

Some people use them, but those aren't really meant for high speed airflow. One way to conquer it is to use a proper ski/Snowboard helmet where the goggles integrate and are pushed up onto the forehead part.

but of course a better approach is "right tool for the right job" - get a pair of nice skydiving goggles :)

For wingsuiting with a ski helmet they work great. Tracking ok if you keep your head down. Freefall no way, the larger profile of the bottom edge causes them to lift when wind hits them from below. Keep the vents open so if they do catch wind under it has somewhere to go rather than just blow them off. I like them mostly because they clean up the airflow around my head and quiet the wind so i can hear changes in airspeed better.

Anyone ever use snowboard or ski goggles for skydiving?

I did a search and saw someone asked the inverse question, but that wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

I've seen clips of people BASE jumping with them, but would they be too bulky and maybe come off your face during a skydive?

Just curious, because my snowboard goggles are way more comfortable, haha.

Thanks.

I have tried. It was a hop and pop and the gogles were in my neck in a split second after exit. I was wondering what to do: put it back or throw. I did throw.

Most ski helmets have a clip or strap on the back side to hold the goggle strap in place, and the shape of the front of the helmet holds the goggles in place. It does get windy inside the goggles though. I sometimes wore a thin balaclava under the helmet to cover face and nose on high pulls and my breath would leak into the goggles and fog it. just stuff to keep in mind.

-SPACE-

I know this is an old post but I use Oakley goggles when conducting MFF. I've modified them by sewing velcro on the straps and then use velcro with adhesive (Home Depot).

With the military ACH helmet a little lip helps keep the goggles locked in. I haven't lost a pair yet. I recommend a goggle with a spongy or foam seal around the face as opposed to rubber, it helps keep the moisture out.
Freeing the oppressed of my own accord...and other stuff.