packing_jarrett

packing a reserve while sitting

is actually harder than it seems.
I just got finished packing my reserve all by myself while sitting in my wheelchair. The hard part was putting it in the freebag. When I do it next time I'm going to try and use a table that I can wheel underneath as to get better leverage. Since I didn't have that kind of table I started laying it down on my bed and clamping it. and then taking the kitchen cutting board on my lap I put it in the bag. and then after stowing it I closed it in my lap. Very awkward but turned out great.

Any other brainstorming ideas to make it more efficient?
Na' Cho' Cheese

Excellent job man ;) Don't give up!!!

P.S. You have done better job packing that Racer ,than 80 % of the riggers (including myself )who are using their legs !!!

"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

You can absolutely do it on a table. Either a full length one like used for a round canopy or a smaller table at a comfortable height. I watched Mike F. pack and close my reserve on one of those small rubbermaid utility tables with wheels on it. If you look at the reserve repack pictures in my photo section, you will see it. Great job on that repack BTW.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Rig looks nice! Honor, respect and aderation. Especally seeing as you are at a dissadvantage, I tend to climb all over things like a monky and use my body weight where ever I can.

I'll tell you a secret on racers. One of the probblems people some times face is that if you just use the loop to try to tighten the thing down rather then working it with your body weight and just takeing up the slack with a pereotic sharp little tug you can get an uncomfertable hard pull. Useing the pin and loop like a pully is a great way to bend the pin.

Secret: Slip a cypres pin in along side each of the ripcord pins. They're nice and stiff. You can work a tight racer hard with no fear of bending the pin. Let it sit. Then when you're ready to seal it remove the cypres pins. Your loop just grew an 1/8 of an inch relaxing the pack job slightly giving you a nice low pull force.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

get one of these; http://www.spinlife.com/search.cfm and you can do it on the floor. If you want to sew up your own PN me and I'll send you pics/dimensions of mine.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316