Juz

Goggles For Use Over Eye Glasses

If your glasses won't fit under regular size z-flex or sky eyes goggles, I'd strongly recommend jumping smaller glasses (or lenses or a fullface helmet).

Over-the-glasses goggles catch a lot of wind so they are not comfy and can get blown up by the wind, to the point of losing them + your glasses if you're unlucky. That's when just bellyflying. If you want to fly head-up, definitely don't use them.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Me too on both of these. As long as the elastic is in good shape and fairly tight, the gogles stay in place just fine (on my belly at least).
I use the Croakies as insurance 'just in case', but I've never needed them.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Dragon already wrote what I'd like to second: Simply use standard flex-glasses. Most modern spectacles are of a decent size so they will fit under standard flex-glasses, see pic. I usually tell my tandem paxes who wear glasses to use the standard flexes and none of them has ever had a problem while the only two who insisted on spacious "overglasses" regretted it: The "overglasses" got dislocated quickly - both of them had problems seeing anything at all during freefall.
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Dragon already wrote what I'd like to second: Simply use standard flex-glasses. Most modern spectacles are of a decent size so they will fit under standard flex-glasses, see pic. I usually tell my tandem paxes who wear glasses to use the standard flexes and none of them has ever had a problem while the only two who insisted on spacious "overglasses" regretted it: The "overglasses" got dislocated quickly - both of them had problems seeing anything at all during freefall.

As a counter point I use the Flex Z over glasses model and have no issues with them moving around on me at all. I wear small framed glasses but find the "normal" goggles press the nose bridge into my face pretty badly.

The glasses you describe must be flexible ones, a little bigger than standard size? If so, I used sort of them for some years, until they got too scratched etc. Looked for a replacement and didn't find any of them any more and so resorted to the standard sized ones which worked well. But yeah, if you got flexible "plus" sized ones, they should be nice. Got a link?
I meant "over-glasses" like these
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

The glasses you describe must be flexible ones, a little bigger than standard size? If so, I used sort of them for some years, until they got too scratched etc. Looked for a replacement and didn't find any of them any more and so resorted to the standard sized ones which worked well. But yeah, if you got flexible "plus" sized ones, they should be nice. Got a link?
I meant "over-glasses" like these

These are the one's I'm using currently:

http://www.chutingstar.com/newgear_en/flex-z-goggles.html

Top righthand picture.

My glasses are not very big, and they definitely don't fit under any of the regular goggles I've tried.

I prefer the Flexvision goggles (http://www.paragear.com/templates/base_template.asp?group=257#G1134). They fit my face well, so they don't catch wind and blow off. The elastic is strong and stretchy, and can be easily adjusted while I'm wearing them - even in freefall. No trim to

I used to use the Kroops (http://www.paragear.com/templates/base_template.asp?group=257#G1128), and didn't like them at all. They don't fit my face well as well, and have a more square profile (viewed from the side), so they catch the wind more. Elastic was a pain to adjust, didn't always stay where adjusted, and couldn't be adjusted while I was wearing them. Elastic would lose it's stretchiness after a while, and the plastic lens didn't last as long as the Flexvision.

I've also used Flex-Z (http://www.square1.com/manufacturers/square1/p210.asp#Flex-ZGoggles). I like them better than the Kroops, but not as much as the Flexvision. Similar adjustment system as the Flexvision, but it doesn't stay - I have to tie a knot after pulling on the ends (with the Flexvision I just give the ends a tug and I'm done). Also the trim starts to come off after a while; I can just peel it right off, but then the edge is a bit sharp and covered in glue residue.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

My glasses are not very big, and they definitely don't fit under any of the regular goggles I've tried.

I prefer the Flexvision goggles (http://www.paragear.com/templates/base_template.asp?group=257#G1134). They fit my face well, so they don't catch wind and blow off. The elastic is strong and stretchy, and can be easily adjusted while I'm wearing them - even in freefall.

I used those a couple of jumps, and they tend to CRAM my glasses against my face. In a hot 182 in the summer, that means my glasses are covered with sweat and I can't see at all.

What this means is that there are MANY solutions, because we're all different. Try a few and find what you like.
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.

Many thanks Everyone, looks like I need to get my Butt to a DZ and just try on a bunch.

Thanks

Juz

Probably your best bet.

However, pay attention to the elastic.
If the goggles are out of the "student pile", the elastic may not be in very good shape. Once it gets stretched out, the goggles will not stay in place anywhere near as well.
I wear the big ones, and I have found that I need to replace the elastic every year.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo