pegasus

I Believe I Can Fly Stupid or Cool?

Okay, your opinions are needed...
Tonight I took my kids to a assembly at their elementary school to see Jim "basketball" Jones. He's an inspirational speaker, who does neat things with basketball. I really didnt want to go, but my two oldest kids really had their hearts set on going, so we went...blah blah blah...in short I really had a good time and right before it was over he did his finale with a 8 basketball spin thingy to the song I believe I can fly by R. Kelly. There I was in a trance, almost in tears totally fixated on how much skydiving has changed my life for the good. The song really touched me and many of the lyrics made me think of jumping. However, my S/O thinks its a stupid song and so I am seeking out opinions. Thanks in advance.

Me First is a super-band of sorts... almost every member is from a different punk band. All of these bands are talented in their own right and have released their own material. Punk is a very "nichey" genre of music and by necessity it is true that most songs by a punk band can sound pretty similar to the average listener, but that doesn't stop me from listening to entire albums, and getting much more out of the experience than I would from single songs. Chances are if you don't like punk bands like Bad Religion or NOFX (who both rule, though it could be argued that their songs all "sound alike"), you won't like Me First.

To answer your question though, I would be very surprised if they did release their own material under this name. As I said, the band is a sort of super-band, and by definition is a cover band. The whole thing is sort of a joke, but the best part is that they sound awesome.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Chances are if you don't like punk bands like Bad Religion or NOFX

I do like NOFX and other various punk bands that my friend Jill from high school would always listen to. I'm not completely ignorant of it! I just don't like any artist/musician who only does covers (a big reason why I don't like Puffy). It's too easy. Any garage band can do the same exact thing and sound just like Me First. I don't see much creativity at all.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I love the song, but ever since finding out R. Kelly screws 15 yr old girls I can't listen to it, Just like I can't watch a Woody Allen film since he married his adopted daughter.:|

I agree, why would he do that when imagine what he could get elsewhere!!! That's just like Lance from N Sync being gay, you have millions of girls at your feet, and turn GAY??? What the hell???? B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Well WrongWay, if Lance ever screwed one of the millions of girls at his feet, he'd be even worse than R Kelly :)

Oh, 15 years is consent age here. If there's grass - PLAY BALL.

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst