The111

potatoes, not roses

Ok, I wish I could claim to have written this, but I didn't. I stole it from bash.org.

IronChef Foicite: well, there's a lot of reasons
IronChef Foicite: i mean, roses only last like a couple weeks
IronChef Foicite: and that's if you leave them in water
IronChef Foicite: and they really only exist to be pretty
IronChef Foicite: so that's like saying
IronChef Foicite: "my love for you is transitory and based solely on your appearance"
IronChef Foicite: but a potato!
IronChef Foicite: potatos last for fucking ever, man
IronChef Foicite: in fact, not only will they not rot, they actually grow shit even if you just leave them in the sack
IronChef Foicite: that part alone makes it a good symbol
IronChef Foicite: but there's more!
IronChef Foicite: there are so many ways to enjoy a potato! you can even make a battery with it!
IronChef Foicite: and that's like saying "i have many ways in which I show my love for you"
IronChef Foicite: and potatos may be ugly, but they're still awesome
IronChef Foicite: so that's like saying "it doesn't matter at all what you look like, I'll still love you
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

IronChef Foicite: Yeah i'm single, why ya ask ?

I can almost feel the bruises. :ph34r:

Dude, no sh*t! I started reading this, then instinctively, I started guarding my groin region... :D:D
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Whatever. I think besides being funny, the guy has a point. And I'd rather have a girl who values original thought any day. If a girl got mad at me for saying something like that she isn't worth my time anyway. The coolest girls I've known can't stand getting roses simply because it's so cliched.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

heehehe- that's funny!!

I love this original thought & am thinking of using it, though honestly - I wish my s/o would use it.

I hate getting flowers. They're a bother, cause they're stupid & if you just let them die it's like saying you don't care enough to keep alive the pretty flowers I just had killed for you. Really redundant. Besides the fact that after a while they start to smell bad (well, some do anyway - the really exotic ones). Unfortunately, I smoke - I'd rather my s/o bought me a pack or 2 of cigs instead of flowers [:/].

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

That's cute:P I still enjoy flowers, tho. I always buy potted plants for my mother because then she can keep them alive and all. She now has a whole garden on her patio. I, otoh, can't keep a plant alive. They don't bark so I forget to feed them. haha. Therefore, flowers are perfect for me. Drop in water, enjoy the shortlived beauty in the center of my ill-lighted apartment, then toss 'em. I prefer tulips or lilies. :)
Angela.

What about Sea Monkeys? Wouldn't that say, "My love for you will grow, and grow and become something we never imagined it could...as long as we feed it and give it light occasionally."? :P
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I once got a box of long stemmed yellow and red chili peppers. They were so cool!

Thats awesome, I would take those over roses anyday, if a guy gave me roses, I would think he doesn't have any imagination. Besides my favourite flower is a daisy!:)

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball