racerman

Customer always right?

He wanted the canopy to represent the Gay Pride flag
The only problem he says is they built the canopy backwards ie. red on left instead of right.

gay friendly rigger tip of the day : in order to unhurt his feelings, hook the canopy backwards :)

Or sideways if you can.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

He wanted the canopy to represent the Gay Pride flag
The only problem he says is they built the canopy backwards ie. red on left instead of right.

I've only seen the gay pride flag where the colours are stacked top to bottom so I looked for one that is sideways mounted.

The red seems to always be on the left so I don't see where your client has a complaint. :S
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

I always require the customer to literally sign the order form in it's final state indicating their approval of what's being built for them. I get a copy and they get a copy, so there can be no question as to what they ordered and what they should recieve, and in this way, both parties are protected.

great idea - about 10% of all jumpers are really flaky and have short term memories you wouldn't believe - well, you might believe

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

he says is they built the canopy backwards ie. red on left instead of right.

Did they build it according to the order form?

In that case, I really like having the customer sign the form directly as Dave notes.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

great idea - about 10% of all jumpers are really flaky and have short term memories you wouldn't believe - well, you might believe

I would agree with you, but I don't remember if you're right.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Never accepted or even understood the concept of .."The customer is always right"....
in fact LOTS of them can be flat out WRONG!!!

MAYBE in some cases, like at the grocery store or when someone is deciding which newspaper.....to buy :S, then sure, they can do as they choose...

But in the real world where the vendor or salesperson is EXperienced and knowledgable and the 'customer' is NOT....

i would never defer to them...I Might try to EDUCATE them a bit.....

The vendor should stay firm and solid if they KNOW right from NON-right....and if the customer wants to be a jerk about it.,,,,,, ask them to "shop elsewhere".

The general lack of courtesy which the buying public exhibits today,,, and the lack of respect for anyone in the selling arena BY that customer, has gotten out of hand,,,,

worse thing is when a boss or supervisor takes the Side , of the incorrect customer.... simply out of a desire to make a sale.....instead of backing up the salesperson.....

Customers??? well sure. we ALL need them, but certainly do not need to kiss their asses.... Just as people seem to feel that they can "choose whoever THEY want" to do business with... So too can a vendor elect NOT to do business with anyone who shows disrespect for the vendors know-how and willingness to be of service...

if a customer wants to be a jerk,, i simply (politely) end the sales visit, and either I head out the door.. or i show THEM the door..

there is never an excuse for rudeness or arrogance by a customer, towards ANY service or product supplying professional...

ps as for this gear deal.. i'd be very reluctant to UNDO it...
If he ordered it,, paid for it and jumped it,,,, he OWNS it...done deal.. end of story..

jmy