chuteless

America in Iraq

What was Ted Kennedy doing in July 1969 while GWB was at Moody AFB? (I assume your post is correct) On the 19th perchance?

I didn't know Ted Kennedy was Commander in Chief and sending our boys in harm's way.

Since you didn't answer my question, I'll refer you to the following:http://www.ytedk.com

TedK isn't the Commander in Chief, you are correct. The Harvard expelee is the Lefty point man on education, blocking judicial nominees, and many other issues. Elected how many times to the US senate? What a man to have as a party leader. Arguably the most powerful democratic senator in congress.

How is following US Government rules "draft dodging"? The Government, in its wisdom, decided that Rhodes Scholars, among others, were worthy of deferments. A very sensible policy IMO, when you see what happened to people like Henry Moseley in WWI.

You never read Bubba's letter to the ROTC unit commander? Tsk tsk tsk. Nice reading. Perhaps I'll find it for you.

OTOH, going AWOL is clearly not following the rules, rather like DUI.

Compare and contrast TeddyK's 19 July 1969 incident and GWB's anytime you like. Do so in front of Mr&Mrs. Kopechne next July.
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

You never read Bubba's letter to the ROTC unit commander? Tsk tsk tsk. Nice reading. Perhaps I'll find it for you.

Dude, you crack me up. I actually liked Bubba when he got his Labrador Retriever. It's just too bad he got him killed.

The first George Bush was shot down twice serving his country.

I thought you served your country by NOT being shot down.

General Patton said -

"You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win a war by making other young men die for THEIR country!"

(Or words to that effect.)

t

The fact that he was shot down has no bearing on whether or not he served his country.

never pull low......unless you are

And you accuse me of spin.

Dude you need someone else other than Clinton ( 39 refferences all by you to El Jefe when you do a search )and Kennedy to hate... Find someone new...to hate... will it be Al Sharpton.. from your tone??

I point out everyone's favorite Harvard expelee and El Jefe Clintonista because they are revered by the left so much. I actually like Al Sharpton much less, even though he IS one of the more impressive candidates the left has to offer. Those left leaning liberals on Fox have him on O'Reilly and Hannity and Colmes so often, despite his 'blood sucking Jews' comments of the past.

I lived thru that time period.. I had friends who went off to that war and never returned, others returned in body.. but not in spirit or mind... The list of men seeking draft defferments to college were VERY very long.

Clinton was subject to the draft.. and got a high number of 311.. guaranteed to stay home. He went thru a long process of trying to get the defferrments before that.... .. and appointments that others found quite a bit more easily because they had far better family connections. If we are to extrapolate here a bit.. I would say with his intellect... and his grades in college.. he was far more deserving than any boozing frat boy. But the reality was.. if you had money and connections.. you need never serve. Since Mr Clinton did not serve in the military.. he is VERY good company by your brethern on the far right... Shall we have a role call of the CHICKENHAWKS PLEASE

http://www.bartcop.com/chickenhawks.htm

Excerpt

THE CHICKENHAWKS

Conservatives make great fun of President Clinton for questioning the Vietnam War,
standing up to his beliefs and questioning his own participation in that war as well, i.e.,
being honest and walking the walk of his own belief system. On the other hand there
were literally millions of dishonest hypocritical, cowardly right-wing "patriots" who
supported the war while refusing to personally participate. Here are just a few:

Elliott Abrams - Sought deferment for bad back.
Richard Armey - Sought college deferment, too smart to die.
Bill Bennett - Sought graduate school deferment, too smart to die.
Pat Buchanan - Sought deferment for bad knee.

So Clinton's intellect is admirable and Bill Bennett's and Armey's is not? Then again, look at how the left treats Bennett vs Clinton. Perjury=OK. Gambling with your own money legally on your own time=bad. Hmmmm....

Resident George W. Bush - Turned down as too dumb for graduate school or law school

Harvard MBA - you know that school that TeddyK was thrown out of for cheating? Because he wasn't bright enough to pass the test? Como estas con la Senorita Kopechne, Senor Kennedy? Un mas cerveza antes del manehar?

so daddy had to get him into the Reserves. He MAY have learned to fly jets, if he did,
the type of jet he says he trained in was no longer in service in Viet Nam at that time.
He then proves how brave a patriot he is by going AWOL from the Reserves for over a year
(which means he deserted).

You say this, yet I've read Clinton's letter to that ROTC unit commander. Oh so brave.

It is important to note that George Bush Sr. likes to tell how he is
a WWII hero (you only find this version in publications funded by Bush backers). He says he
bailed out on a mission because his plane was hit, on fire and going down. Unfortunately for
Lieutenant Bush, the official day log entry of the Tail -gunner in the plane ahead of George Sr.
wrote that he saw only a puff of smoke, no flame, no loss of altitude or control and only one
parachute - that of the pilot ejecting immediately.

The other two airmen in the plane died when it crashed into the sea with no pilot at the controls.

They were alive? Really? You know this? Then why didn't they bail out? Incapable? Hit perhaps? What caused the smoke? A bird perhaps? Tail gunner flatulence? You have NO tenable argument here whatsoever.

So much for the rules of the Navy where the captain goes down with his ship.

Note to Jeanne: Airplanes are not ships. Try again.

So we can't blame Little George for cowardice, he can't help if it's genetic.

Based on an untenable argument - therefore ignored. If you want to see cowardice, ask any of the leftist leaders if they support racial discrimination of any sort. Or just listen to them lie about ohhhh tax cuts causing deficits, gun control laws stopping crime, Bush causing Enron/WorldCom or the latest flu epidemic, or whatever other lies they care to come up with.

Vice Resident Dick Cheney - Sought school deferments five times, too smart to die,
wanted to live so he could make millions off of the taxpayers without ever working.

More leftist spin/drivel. You've monitored Cheney's working hours? I thought all of you were IRATE at his WORKING for Halliburton - where he made millions. Again - like your Bush Sr comments - untenable. But having a completely untenable argument never stopped you before - try again.

Tom DeLay - - Sought college deferment, too smart to die.
Newt Gingrich - Sought graduate school deferment, too smart to die.

And Clinton's 'intellect'..........?????? Hmm...slamming all of these SMART republicans.

Phil Gramm - Sought marriage deferment, too loved to die.
Jack Kemp - Sought medical deferment while still playing in the NFL.
Rush Limbaugh - Sought deferment for ingrown hair follicle on his butt (bizarre but true).
Trent Lott - Sought deferment, didn't want to muss his hair.
P.J. O'Rourke - Sought deferment, too stoned.
Dan Quayle - Family got him into the Reserves (too dumb for grad school but was not a deserter like the Bush boy).
Ron Reagan - Enlisted but never left U.S. (although he later claimed to have liberated the concentration camps).
Stayed on Hollywood backlit to do war films while cheating on his wife and later impregnating girl friend Nancy)
Pat Robertson - Father pulled him out of Korea as soon as the shooting began
(went home, heard the call of God and proceeded to knock-up his girl friend... alleluia).
Kenneth Starr - Sought deferment for psoriasis (can't pull a trigger if your trigger finger is scratching other itches).
John Wayne - Sought deferment to further acting career (never served, never left country).
George Will - Sought deferment, too much of a wussy, wanted to stay home
watch baseball and use stolen Presidential documents to brief the actor, Ronald Reagan.

Oh so nice. Have you seen what BS keeps people out of the military medically? I have. Or read about the draft boards? I have. Or talked with anyone about the draft boards? I have.

Your supposed 'damning data' doesn't work on me or anyone else who has done so either. But keep saying such things if it makes you feel better.

NOW lets look at who REALLLY has served....

http://awolbush.com/whoserved.html

Prominent Democrats
Representative Richard Gephardt, former House Minority Leader - Missouri Air National Guard, 1965-71. (1, 2)

I thought you were slamming BUSH for the Air Guard a bit ago. Make up your mind. But OH! Gephardt is a UNION owned man so he's OK, right?

Representative David Bonior - Staff Sgt., United States Air Force 1968-72 (1, 2)
Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle - 1st Lt., U.S. Air Force SAC 1969-72 (1, 2)
Former Vice President Al Gore - enlisted August 1969; sent to Vietnam January 1971 as an army journalist, assigned to the 20th Engineer Brigade headquartered at Bien Hoa, an airbase twenty miles northeast of Saigon. More facts about Gore's Service

Do you honest to God think me so ignorant I haven't read about Gore's 'service'? LMFAO.

Former Senator Bob Kerrey... Democrat... Lt. j.g., U.S. Navy 1966-69; Medal of Honor, Vietnam (1, 2)
Senator Daniel Inouye, US Army 1943-'47; Medal of Honor, World War Two (1, 2)
Senator John Kerry, Lt., U.S. Navy 1966-70; Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat V, and three awards of the Purple Heart for his service in combat (1)

Yes, Mr. Kerry. How was Dewey Canyon? What did you do with those ribbons there, Mr. Kerry? Then whose are those on your desk, Mr. Kerry?

Representative Charles Rangel, Staff Sgt., U.S. Army 1948-52; Bronze Star, Korea (1, 2)
Former Senator Max Cleland, Captain, U.S. Army 1965-68; Silver Star & Bronze Star, Vietnam (1, 2)
Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) - U.S. Army, 1951-1953. (1)

Ahhh....tell us Jeanne, where was our beloved TeddyK in '51 prior to joining the Army? Donde? Donde? Donde? Bwaaaaahahahahahahaahaaaaa.

Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) - Lt., U.S. Navy, 1962-67; Naval Reserve, 1968-74. (1, 2)
Senator Jack Reed (D-RI) - U.S. Army Ranger, 1971-1979; Captain, Army Reserve 1979-91 (1)
Senator Fritz Hollings (D-SC) - served as a U.S. Army officer in World War II, receiving the Bronze Star and seven campaign ribbons. (1)
Representative Leonard Boswell (D-IA) - Lt. Col., U.S. Army 1956-76; two tours in Vietnam, two Distinguished Flying Crosses as a helicopter pilot, two Bronze Stars, and the Soldier's Medal. (1, 2)
Former Representative "Pete" Peterson, Air Force Captain, POW, Ambassador to Viet Nam, and recipient of the Purple Heart, the Silver Star and the Legion of Merit. (1, 2)
Rep. Mike Thompson, D-CA: Staff sergeant/platoon leader with the 173rd Airborne Brigade, U.S. Army; was wounded and received a Purple Heart. (1, 2)
Bill McBride, Democratic Candidate for Florida Governor - volunteered and served as a U.S. Marine in Vietnam; awarded Bronze Star with a combat "V." (1)
Gray Davis, California Governor, Army Captain in Vietnam; received Bronze Star. (1)
Pete Stark, D-CA, served in the Air Force 1955-57

Thanks for their service. Odd that their politics are so skewed they get so few military votes, isn't it? There are reasons for that - the military has standards.........

Prominent Republicans
Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert - avoided the draft, did not serve.
Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey - avoided the draft, did not serve.
House Majority Leader Tom Delay - avoided the draft, did not serve (1). "So many minority youths had volunteered ... that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like himself."

republicans and libertarians don't care what color anyone is.

House Majority Whip Roy Blunt - did not serve
Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist - did not serve. (An impressive medical resume, but not such a friend to cats in Boston.)
Majority Whip Mitch McConnell, R-KY - did not serve (1)
Rick Santorum, R-PA, third ranking Republican in the Senate - did not serve. (1)
Former Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott - avoided the draft, did not serve.

Nice. See my previous comments. Keep talking if it makes you feel better.

Secretary of Defense Don Rumsfeld - served in the U.S. Navy (1954-57) as an aviator and flight instructor. (1) Served as President Reagan's Special Envoy to the Middle East and met with Saddam Hussein twice in 1983 and 1984.

Really? He met with Saddam Hussein, the leader of a country engaged in a war with Iran at the time? A country the USSR was avidly trying to get into its sphere of influence - minor thing called the Cold War; you might have heard of it. Tell us Jeanne, which country was it that stormed our embassy and held our embassy staff and their families hostage? Which one was that? Oh! I know! IRAN! How could I forget that? Why would Mr. Rumsfeld want to meet with such a person for any reason? Why, I wonder? Tea and crumpets? Do you really WONDER why we question the leftist grasp of foreign policy?

GW Bush - decided that a six-year Nat'l Guard commitment really means four years. Still says that he's "been to war." Huh?
VP Cheney - several deferments (1, 2), the last by marriage (in his own words, "had other priorities than military service") (1)
Att'y Gen. John Ashcroft - did not serve (1, 2); received seven deferment to teach business ed at SW Missouri State

Oh goody. More deferment drivel. Defer doesn't equal evade. Again - see my earlier comment. But, it does fill up the space. Let's keep going...

Jeb Bush, Florida Governor - did not serve. (1)
Karl Rove - avoided the draft, did not serve (1), too busy being a Republican.
Former Speaker Newt Gingrich - avoided the draft, did not serve (1, 2)
Former President Ronald Reagan - due to poor eyesight, served in a noncombat role making movies for the Army in southern California during WWII. He later seems to have confused his role as an actor playing a tail gunner with the real thing.
"B-1" Bob Dornan - avoided Korean War combat duty by enrolling in college acting classes (Orange County Weekly article). Enlisted only after the fighting was over in Korea.

Phil Gramm - avoided the draft, did not serve, four (?) student deferments

Oh boy that was fun! Let's keep going! Hmmmm....did we see EVERYONE who got a deferrment or did not serve? NO! I wonder why?

List of Honor
Senator John McCain - McCain's naval honors include the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart and Distinguished Flying Cross. Why did the Bush campaign smear him so? At least Senators Cleland (D-GA), Kerry (D-MA), Kerrey (D-NE), Robb (D-VA) and Hagel (R-NE) defended him.
Former Senator Bob Dole - an honorable man. http://www.bobdole.org/bio/wwII.php
Chuck Hagel - two Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star, Vietnam.

http://www.senate.gov/~hagel/Information/bio.htm
Duke Cunningham - nominated for the Medal of Honor, received the Navy Cross, two Silver Stars, fifteen Air Medals, the Purple Heart, and several other decorations http://www.house.gov/cunningham/about_duke.htm#Biography

Senator Jeff Sessions U.S. Army Reserves, 1973-1986
Colin Powell. What are we to make of Powell? On the one hand, a long career as a military manager. On the other hand, accused of covering up the My Lai massacre. Back on that first hand, one of the seemingly sane voices in this administration when it comes to Iraq (or at least he used to be). On the other hand, a clear hypocrite ("I am angry that so many of the sons of the powerful and well-placed... managed to wangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units...")
Representative Wayne Gilchrest (R-MD), served in USMC in Vietnam; wounded in action.

Oh - list some heros then slam Powell. Oh , but the left has to slam him, don't they? After all, those evil Republicans hate minorities SO much they occupy SecState and NSA right now! Both occupants must be slammed as hypocritical, cruel, uncaring, and etc...

Now to thow something else into your spin.. check this out.
It appears.. as always to be..... more to the story( there always is) than just the superficial features

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/8425/CLIN-CIA.HTM

goody goody goody....this negates what, exactly?

As far as Kennedy... yup he made bad decisions when he was young... but has served the people of MASS.. fairly well for MOST of his life.

Oh, 37 year olds are so young and so stupid. So so young and stupid. That's why the minimum age to be POTUS is 35. Try again Jeanne - I'm well read on the issue. If you consider LYING like a coward about Judge Bork, holding the record # of judicial nominee holds, and space doesn't allow me to list the rest as serving them well - hey! Good on you.

They are the ones who elected him.. and by the way.. ever been in a severe car accident...

yes. and as I said before, i'm well read on the issue. Your shock 'spin' doesn't hold water, but if it makes you feel better, keep saying that.

Spin, spin, spin and more spin. Misleading the masses who know no better - the hallmark of the left.
Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

yes. and as I said before, i'm well read on the issue. Your shock 'spin' doesn't hold water, but if it makes you feel better, keep saying that.

Spin, spin, spin and more spin. Misleading the masses who know no better - the hallmark of the left.

Being well read implies reading ALL sides all pertinent information.. spin spin spin all you want but when you take the same old news from the same website with the same axe to grind with the same information. over and over.. that is not well read that is obsession...

When someone drives off a bridge... in the middle of the night.. even if he is totally sober. and not having just attended a party where drinking happened.

Again I lived thru the times.. MAD did not yet exist.. MACHO ASSHOLES drank and drove all the time... I let them... I got out and walked.

As far as draft boards.. I saw them in action.. many of the guys I went to HS with and graduated with in 1970 were drafted.. some went to Nam.. some did not come back. I saw others.. the other rich kids.. get defferments to attend parties at college and to spend thier parents money.. but hey its the American way..

Bushes intellect.. oh please

http://mindprod.com/bush.html

He is thought of as a buffoon here at home... and around the world.. he constantly butchers english in ridiculous utterances.

And one of his best quotes concerning his buddies at Enron

"We should be able to punish corporate leaders who are convicted of abusing their powers. By banning them from ever serving again as officers or directors of a publicly held corporation."
~ George Bush Jr.
Bush Jr has been arrested 3 times for different offences, and only got off with $800,000 oil shares trading charge when the investigator, appointed by his father said there was insufficient evidence to proceed.

Be sure to read ALL of that web site... since you are SO interested in being FAIR AND BALANCED...

BWAHAHAHAHA

Its an excerpt from the website... I excerpted verbatim.

Me I think by all means bail to fight another day.. return with honor..Survive.. Evade.. Resist... Escape

But in this case after doing some reading I am beginning to think there is far more to his ACTUAL story than what he reported as happening. ESPECIALLY after I saw him agonizing over the loss of his two crewmen in an interview on TV a couple weeks ago...

This is more there buried, Other than the two crewmen who died

Hey, wait a minute jr landed on an air craft carrier, doesn't that make him a navel aviator? You just wait untill his reelection I bet we see that footage all the time. And I want to know why Ted K. didn't base that bridge like that guy in triple XXX?

blues

jerry

only thing i wondered this morning as i saw that more US people were killed down there..

Hmm as USA said it were a war 115 US personel died,after that has 116 died,it might were done as the leader said so..:S>:(

Damn thouse Irakiens,we told them game over but they keep fighting:S:ph34r::D:S

Sorry couldnt resist...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I watched a documentary on Bush and the family connections with Bin Laden and the Saudi family last night.

Did you know:

Geo Dubya Bush received more than 1 million dollars from the Saudi family for his campaign for Pres?

That when the twin towers were attacked on 9/11, Geo Bush Sr, was meeting with Osama Bin Laden's brother in a Washington Hotel.

That when one of the embassy's was bombed by Al Qaeda, Bin Laden family got the uncontested contract to rebuild it for America

That the Saudi "Royal" family funds Osama Bin Laden to more than $50 million, as long as he agrees not to attack anything in Saudi Arabia.

The Bin Laden family has major holdings in Houston Texas, where they can deal with the Bush family at a moment notice

That after 9/11, and all the aircraft flights were grounded across America, 1 747, and approximately 6 other private jets carrying the Saudi and Bin Laden personnel were allowed to take off in the USA and return to their own country, and the permission came directly from the White House.

When Geo Dubya Bush wanted to start a company in the Oil business he got Saudi money to do it.

These facts were made in the 1 hour documentary last night and were backed up with documents and ex-FBI people.

I firmly believe that Geo W. Bush will be the last President the USA ever has....and he hasnt got long to go. I also believe he will be re-elected in 2004, >:(>:(

Oh Jeanne. Do you actually think I don't know about Bush's oil stock trades and ENRON? And I just recently found that website documenting TeddyK's shennanigans - I wrote a paper on that in undergrad; read all of the newspaper articles from the time period. The website DOES do a nice job though.

With regards to his oil company stock trades, just a few weeks after he sold out, the stock was even HIGHER than when he sold it - look it up. He really screwed those shareholders didn't he? The company is still in existence today. Some moron wrote a lie-filled GWB resume with that as one of the 'bullets'. It's on one of those GWB hate-sites. There are so many.

Enron. We right leaning folks know that the left is going to be spouting and spouting and spouting off at the mouth about this. That's why we're so ready for you!

#14 - that's the # of time Ken Lay spent the night at the White House under eveyone's favorite perjurer. Expect to hear this # everytime the left uses 'ENRON' as a battle cry in '04.

We know that no federal agency is tasked with auditing the books of all corporations for accounting shennanigans. We know that the President doesn't have the authority to shut down the markets and artificially set stock prices. So when Waxman et al bring their idiotic comments to bear - how nice of them to say such things publicly - we realize they are either too stupid to be in office or cowards hiding behind lies to mislead the masses. Most people who use the ENRON battle cry in '04 wouldn't know a FASB from a frisbee.

I read the website. Very cute. Inaccurate on occasion, tenuous assertons, and many quotes out of context, but cute. But then again I'm not yet the young and tender age of 37. Perhaps when I reach that age I'll understand it better.
B|
Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I kind of like the Chicken hawks site you do not mention...
Its far easier to send off young men and women to die in far off places when you yourself never served in any capacity and dont know the repercusions.. or even worse.. don't care.
Those that have served.. tend to be far more reticent.. and thoughtful . Most sane people who have seen war do not hastily send others off into one without having a clear path to getting out of the situation once peace is declared.

Jeanne

You quoted virtually the entire chickenhawk site in your post. Since the site LOVED to mention all of the democratic senators who are military veterans and heralded them as proof of the superior patriotism of the left, here's a current breakdown as of 7 October:

Democrats:

1. #Daniel K. Akaka (D-HI) U.S. Army 1945-47
2. Jeff Bingaman (D-NM) Army Reserves 1968-74
3. #Thomas Carper (D-DEL) U.S. Navy 1968-1973
Navy Reserve 1973-1991
4. Jon Corzine (D-NJ) USMCR 1969-1975
5. Thomas Daschle (D-SD) U.S. Air Force 1969-72
6. Christopher J. Dodd (D-CT) Army Reserve 1969- 75
7. Tom Harkins (D-IA) U.S. Navy 1962-67
Navy Reserve 1968-74
8. Ernest F. Hollings (D-SC) U.S. Army 1942-45
9. Bill Nelson (D-FL) U.S. Army 1968-1970
10. Frank Lautenburg (D-NJ) U.S. Army 1942-46
11. #Daniel Inouye (D-HI) Medal Of Honor
U.S. Army 1943-47
12. Jim Jeffords (I-VT) U.S. Navy 1956-59
Navy Reserve 1959-1990
13. Tim Johnson (D-SD) U.S. Army 1969-
14. Edward Kennedy (D-MA) U.S. Army 1951-53
15. #John Robert Kerry (D-MA) U.S. Navy 1966- 1970
16. Herb Kohl (D-WI) Army Reserve 1958-64

WHOA! 16! If you're sharp, you'll realize I left one out (as an honor to him). And Bartcop didn't even mention them all! Now, lets look at the REPUBLICANS in the Senate.

The REPUBLICAN Senators who are military veterans:
1. Larry Craig (R-ID) National Guard 1970-72
2. Thad Cochran (R-MS) U.S. Navy 1959-61
3. Conrad Burns (R-MT) USMC 1955-57
4. #Ben Nighthorse Campbell (R-CO)
U.S. Air Force 1951-53
5. Robert Bennett (R-UT) National Guard 1957-61
6. Michael Enzi (R-WY) Air National Guard 1967-73
7. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
8. #Chuck Hagel (R-NE) U.S. Army 1967-68
9. Richard Lugar (R-IN) U.S. Navy 1957-60
10. #John R. McCain (R-AZ) U.S. Navy 1958-81
*POW Vietnam 1967-73
11. Frank Murkowski (R-AK) US Coast Guard 1955- 1957
12. Don Nickles (R-OK) National Guard 1970-76
13. James M. Inhofe (R-OK) U.S. Army 1954-56
14. Pat Roberts (R-KS) U.S. Marine Corps (1958- 1962)
15. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) Army Reserves 1973-86
16. Arlen Specter (R-PA) U.S. Air Force 1951-53
17. #Ted Stevens (R-AK) Army Air Corps 1943-46
18. Craig Thomas (R-WY) U.S. Marine Corps 1955- 1959
19. #John R. Warner (R-VA) U.S. Navy 1945-46
Marine Corps 1950-52
Marine Corps Reserves 1952-1964

And last, but not least, we have the BEST democrat left in this country, the GREAT
Zell Miller (D-GA)
Marine Corps 1953-1956

Now, I am SHOCKED, just SHOCKED to tell you that the nice little bartcop sight didn't mention that there are more Republicans who have served in uniform than Democrats that have done so in the Senate. SHOCKED.

The sight also forgot to mention the lefty senators who were busy at school to serve, though it did mention several republicans derisively. Here are some senators 'too smart to die' as he puts it, that bartcop left out:

Baucus MT
Bayh – IN
Biden – DE
Conrad – ND
Durbin- IL
Dorgan – ND
Johnson – SD
Leahy – VT
Levin – MI

I think there are others, but my point is made.

Being a veteran is always commendable. The # of veterans in a particular party is interesting to note, but really not worth much. People change once they leave the service. But since you brought it up, 19(20)>16. So according to the websites skewed and totally incorrect metric, that would make Senate Republicans more patriotic than Senate Democrats by their demographics. I think that metric is stupid - wouldn't you agree?

So now it's the no extrication plan gig. 'We didn't want to go there without the UN, but now that we're there, there's no extrication plan!'

The left's moaning used to be about not having full western level power/electricity/sewage/water/police services to Basra and Baghdad two days after entering. Now it's the lack of extrication plan. Kucinich sure has one! Boy, what a GREAT idea that would be!

The PLAN is obviously to stabilize that nation then gradually withdraw. Despite what Comrade Rather and the other talking heads spit out, progress over there is both tangible and increasing with every week. There is no set timetable yet nor should there be until an overall status assessment is made - probably sometime mid-way through next year the initial (reliable) one will come out.
Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

There is far more to the administration than just the Senate.. oh and as of last count your numbers are offset handily but the 14 women senators.. none of whom have served in the military that I can see. ( are evil immoral democrats. and 5 are saintly moral republicans..

here are also the Representatives.. the Cabinet... and the site did manage to list some of those as well as having served... or not served. But overall I stand by my assessment.. The Chickenhawks are in charge. And they are backed up by even more of the mealy mouthed vile spewing chickenhawk hypocrites on right wing talk radio..especially the ingrown hair on his butt drug user.