Non-PC Skydivers? Gun freaks!

There was one C-licensed jumper last year, who competed with the permission of the USPA Southern Region Director. He did have 1,250 jumps. I'd just call Clyde and ask.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

I was just mentioning that, as the "D" requirements (except for the night jumps) have move to the "C". What was needed to get the "D" before, is now needed to get the "C", except for night jumps. You aren't doing Chute n shoot in the dark, are ya? ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

That would be a good one to call him on.

You aren't doing Chute n shoot in the dark, are ya?

What an absolutely fanfuckingtastic idea! Tracers, NVGs and maybe a fixed object jump for even more nighttime fun!:ph34r:

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

That would be a good one to call him on.

You aren't doing Chute n shoot in the dark, are ya?

What an absolutely fanfuckingtastic idea! Tracers, NVGs and maybe a fixed object jump for even more nighttime fun!:ph34r:

BWAHAHAHA!
I've got the night jumps done too, I just don't have the 500 jumps it now needs for the "D". :)
I happened to love my night jumps, even if my first was a reserve ride at a 1.6 to 1 wingload.

I'd be game for the night shit too!
:)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Gun threads are fun, but they all seem to fall apart into a gun debate. Some members of both sides of the fence are very well read and informed, so the debates go no where. Especially since both sides won't budge an inch

I am just one of them gun totin freaks too I guess. And the Anvil and a bunch of the others on here LOVE to label me a lefty liberal.....tsk tsk... way too easy to stereotype people when anything to the left of Mussolini is labeled a leftist.

It all boils down to what is right. or wrong. but who is getting to determine who is right or wrong... PEOPLE use guns to do bad things.. the guns are not inherantly evil.. some people are evil.

way too easy to stereotype people when anything to the left of Mussolini is labeled a leftist.

Bwaaahahahaha!

You and me have got to meet! I have a feeling we'd get along very well and have a fun time drinking beer and sharing stories!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Early, early, early season we like to pull 'em out and shoot at bottles and targets now and then. But NEVER NEVER NEVER mix it with jumping. That's just plain sketchy if you ask me.

Now if the canopy pilot is left to steer and the tandem rider is armed, that's a whole new game, huh?;)

The Chute and Shoot will be in it's 8th year next year and as I understand, once again it will be conducted in April at the Sherman Hill Shooting Center in Forest, MS. The range is NRA and CMP affiliated and the owner is a fellow NRA life member. It combines accuracy landings from 4k and shooting five different types of firearms, including those dreaded submachine guns. No firearms ratings are required, but all competitors must possess a USPA D license.

Last year skydiving experience ranged from Bill Schmitt's 5,000 jumps, to Jim Cazer's 3,000, to Clyde Morgan's 239.

Anybody else interested in going next year?:ph34r:

were u there last april? do i know u?

Eloy shoudl be some epic times. Dave... I can't wait...its gettin FREAKIN cold up here..

A friend from work who also skydives at Snohomish.. who is getting into BASE wanted to use my rig to try out his BASE canopy... since I am the only one on our DZ it seems that has a rig big enough for his Canopy to fit in.. He asked.. I agreed.. no problemo no use wasting a perfectly good packjob so at 1 pm this afternoon I went up to 10k for a scenery tour of the snow capped peaks... and a cloudless sky. I got out did a little sitfly to a backtrack solo dive.. which was great.. .. a GOOD solid dive.. but at 10k it was -14 degrees.. my little batting gloves just did not hack it... SHIT I froze my butt off even with my heavy sweater... jumpsuit...BRRRR.

The moral of the story.. 50 sumpin days.. WARM clear skies.. cool nights chillin with other kewl skydivers...

Eloy shoudl be some epic times. Dave... I can't wait...its gettin FREAKIN cold up here..

A friend from work who also skydives at Snohomish.. who is getting into BASE wanted to use my rig to try out his BASE canopy... since I am the only one on our DZ it seems that has a rig big enough for his Canopy to fit in.. He asked.. I agreed.. no problemo no use wasting a perfectly good packjob so at 1 pm this afternoon I went up to 10k for a scenery tour of the snow capped peaks... and a cloudless sky. I got out did a little sitfly to a backtrack solo dive.. which was great.. .. a GOOD solid dive.. but at 10k it was -14 degrees.. my little batting gloves just did not hack it... SHIT I froze my butt off even with my heavy sweater... jumpsuit...BRRRR.

The moral of the story.. 50 sumpin days.. WARM clear skies.. cool nights chillin with other kewl skydivers...

you people are really too damn spoiled........-15 is not bad at all at altitude, and i freakin hate the cold.......

and why is it that my thought of u having a heavy sweater probably has nothing to do with the weight of the material its made of????:P

Might I suggest that the reason you have so many liberals at your dropzone is because you live in California? It might be the state, not the sport

In my observation, travelling to different dropzones in different states, there are more right-wing, gun-totin' skydivers than free-love, liberal skydivers. But not in California

Agreed. I've done most of my jumping in Michigan and North Carolina, and I've met far more gun freaks than liberals. Hell, one of my old dzo's is a militia member with an arsenal like you wouldn't believe. Needless to say, nobody ever fucked with him.

Definately depends on the DZ. Remember....skydivers are generally a cross section of society. Everything from poor college students to Doctors,lawyers, and everything in between. Last year we had a girl show up at SD Atlanta for AFF. She came all the way from Germany to jump and her paranoid parents sent an Executive protection detail with her. Funny.....I was just getting into that business at the time. The detail leader was pretty uptight at first until I shared a little secret with him. The couple of handguns and one long gun they brought were not even CLOSE to the firepower that was around there on any given weekend. ;)

Yep

It happened.

You just climbed 10 big points on my
OH-SHIT-O-METER.

Only reason I don't carry to date? I honestly believe someone would already be dead.

I believe any asshole that attacks someone, even mildly, should be fair game.

I wouldn't lose a minute of sleepin, for cleanin their clock right on the spot.

In closing. I'm a god fearing, traditionally raised midwesterner with Love for all my fellow man. I've never harmed a hair on anyones head that didn't attack me first (or move in that direction, and in my book, if your froggy enough to jump, then your froggy enough to get your ass whooped).

Sick fucks that prey on the weak and take advantage of women are at the top of this list. Bottom line? People need to be protected, and those who can, need to protect those who can't...

Period.

B|

I didnt read any of the thread, caught the post at the top, the "Oh Shit Wait Till Aggie Dave SHows" and just jumped right ahead to preview it, lol...

I'm sure what I just said has been said in some ways here, and more will follow, just as I'm sure, someone will beat on me bout guns kill people, etc...etc...etc...

when the shit hits the fan though Aggie, your the kind of person I want behind me, cuz its no time to be lovin on people when the jackals are loose. no sense in foolin yourselves either people, were all in a very sick world with people that get kicks out of hurting people, and thats screwed up.

jjf
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Actually, if ya read the whole thread, you'll see there's not much anti going on. Just tryin to see who's gonna do the Chute n Shoot in april.;)

Oh, and if you actually use a firearm with some balls, two to the chest and one to the head are just terribly redundant and wasteful of ammo.:P Aggie likes those little plastic toys with the high-cap magazines. I ain't got much use for em...B|;)

mike

body armor? one and one, baby!

If you hit on the second one, there really is no point in the body armor, now is there?

Depending upon my toy, I only got 7+1 or 10+1, so why waste perfectly good ammo that could better be used on paper targets?:ph34r:

mike

Actually, if ya read the whole thread, you'll see there's not much anti going on. Just tryin to see who's gonna do the Chute n Shoot in april.;)

Oh, and if you actually use a firearm with some balls, two to the chest and one to the head are just terribly redundant and wasteful of ammo.:P Aggie likes those little plastic toys with the high-cap magazines. I ain't got much use for em...B|;)

Ya know, some forms of that tupperware come in the form of the 10mm. Where big meets fast in the form of 200 grains goes over 1400 fps for over 700 foot lbs of muzzle energy. Now I am a .45 man, but I have fallen in love w/the ten!! :)

"Swayin to the rhythm of the new world order and Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drum. The boogeymen are coming... "

Well, well, well, another one of those dreaded PATRIOTS huh?

Thanks for the info and yes I'll be a swoopin in at that boogie for sure....just wondering if I should bring the AR or the M1A......hmmm and maybe a nice 1911 and a schlock too!

"Your momma's so tactical she signals a taxi by popping smoke!"

By the way no need for a gun debate, the fact that you either like or dislike them has no bearing on the trajectory of a projectile. Just let me shoot and I wont burn down your silly rainforest ok?

Oh darn, that wasn't nice..........hehheheehheehh

Happy Halloween and watch out for the silly little Blue Helmets comin' round the mountain.......

Blue skies to all and to all a good chute!

Rant over.
When in doubt......Empty the magazine!

"""""Uuuummmmmm.....It's called a "Failure Drill" in case the target is wearing body armor""""

actually to train in a "failure drill" will not only open you up to tactical liability but to civil and criminal liability.

I have been blessed enough to train with Chuck Taylor three times over the past year and one more here in two weeks or so. I have learned just like in any high risk area to train with those who have experience and since he has survived I think 19 gun fights I choose to drop money his way so that at least i have learned from an instructor that has "cut-away" so to speak.....

Now, a trained response is silly. You will do just that in the heat of the moment. if you train to THINK since using DEADLY FORCE is a implemented decision from a intellectual thought process (about .75-1 sec or so) you may want to be aware that you have about 1-1.5 sec after the first shot hits the thorasic cavity before the body starts to go into self preservation mode so that any shot after that time frame has no real effect to the person sensory wise. He may bleed out in two minutes but he can still attack since he is in shock and not feeling the additional rounds impacting.

If you had multiple attackers and you had a pre-programed response of going "red" and initiated a failure drill from the start on each of two targets the second would most certainly have enough time to complete an attack. Your busy slammin' three rounds into one guy when you should be THINKING about delivery one center thorasic hit per target then re-assesing the effect and then delivering the cranial-ocular shot if the target(s) is(are) still a deadly threat.

What if you use your "failure drill" and upon delivering (or attempting to) the "head shot" you have failed to realize that the first shot(s) have stopped the attacked the the target has started to drop and you miss your shot and strike and innocent person. Not only is that criminal but a huge civil liability even if you did not go to jail.

Handguns are carried only to counter an unexpected attack of violence, if you have any doubt as to whether or not you may be involved in a deadly enounter in the near future it would be to your advantage to bring a battle rifle and preferably alot of friends with thier battle rifles.

Blue skies and fresh magazines!
When in doubt......Empty the magazine!

Handguns are carried only to counter an unexpected attack of violence, if you have any doubt as to whether or not you may be involved in a deadly enounter in the near future it would be to your advantage to bring a battle rifle and preferably alot of friends with thier battle rifles.

I recently reconnected with a Colonel from my time at Quantico, and after having the obligatory f()ck you very much back slapping, we eventually came to this very topic. I asked him "so what's your preferred weapon to deal with hostiles?"

His answer:

"My battalion of rough and ready Marines."
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

actually to train in a "failure drill" will not only open you up to tactical liability but to civil and criminal liability.

Under Texas law (which applies to me) you shoot, observe, reevalutate, then repeat if needed. As the former DPS that was training me during the course said "how long that takes is really up in the air, if it was me, it would so quick that I'd probably have an empty mag. Since you're not in law enforcement, legally, you'd be fine."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."