eeneR

Job needed.....

fingers are crossed...if I get a decent severance package, I will hit the road for a month....B|

I hate being in job limbo! That's what I consider the time between jobs and the time waiting for a layoff. Happened to me once and I moved afterwards. It turned out to be a good thing. I hope that's true for you as well! And, you're right about all the options available to you out there. Possibility abounds!

***I really need to take a week and think....so If I loose my job, I may be showing up at some nice warm DZ's in florida in the near future...

Girl, if you end up in Florida you let me know! :)
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

It usually falls when you least expect it.

They told us it was going to happen starting today....thru next week.

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

hmm... City of LA is looking for 911 operators...

weird hours, high stress, but the pay ain't bad

www.lacity.org

click on "jobs available"

Stress?, I mean the whole routine is like this: "Hello, 911 emergency response...please hold", where's the stress? :D:D:P

The axe has dropped......[:/]

Im having mixed emotions, as this really could be the begining of something new...and better for me :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Im having mixed emotions, as this really could be the begining of something new...and better for me

Hey sweetie, that is a normal feeling. You are being forced to go out and try something new, and believe me; you of all people can handle it.

Does that mean you'll meet up with me in Florida the end of the month? Just remember, the trip includes tunnel time with the Bytch, Arlo, and me:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Does that mean you'll meet up with me in Florida the end of the month? Just remember, the trip includes tunnel time with the Bytch, Arlo, and me

There is a really really good chance of that now, im going to guess that 90% chance I will be down there. I will probably have to drive B|
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Well if this is something better, then congrats

Well the good part is I did get severance pay, so Im ok for a few months, and have some time to plot and plan my new future! :ph34r: Just have to hope things work out from here...:)
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{VIBES VIBES VIBES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

This is such a bittersweet moment....I'm sorry that you lost your job and have to look for something else, but I am soooo happy that you can start exploring other options! Come to Florida and enjoy that severance and the warm weather while you figure out what you want to do next! :)
Now, to just get CanuckinUSA through his job crisis and all will be well...
B|
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Im having mixed emotions, as this really could be the begining of something new...and better for me

I'm quite sure the grass will be greener for you, eeneR (ha ha! I made a rhyme!)

I've been fired from 7 jobs and every subsequent job has been better. Maybe one day soon they'll fire me from this job!

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

Now, to just get CanuckinUSA through his job crisis and all will be well...B|

My possible crisis isn't as immediate as Eener's (I should be safe until sometime in 2004). And who knows, maybe Corporate America will start spending again and someone will start buying our products, or buy the company and keep the staff.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'm quite sure the grass will be greener for you, eeneR (ha ha! I made a rhyme!) ...every subsequent job has been better.

It has been the same for me....leave one job to have the next one kick ass.....
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

hey if there outsoursing, to another country, get nafta, they'll pay for school an unemploymet for 2 years It's what I'm doing and after working my ass off for five years after high school, I finaly get to live the "college life" I got two years done but I had to work to pay for it. Know it is fun, jump, school, scuba, school, jump is my scheaduel

hey if there outsoursing, to another country, get nafta

Nope, instead they are having contract companys come in and do the major projects as needed. I know of 6 so far from my department layed off...and this just started, this week is round one, they are expecting a round 2 and 3 in the next few months. :S

Not to mention it is not just my department, but all areas of support (non-clinical staff).

Dont ever think that the medical industry is immune from this crap....they are hurting too [:/]
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

The axe has dropped......[:/]

Im having mixed emotions, as this really could be the begining of something new...and better for me :)

Join the club - welcome to the leagues of those whose jobs have been sent to India...>:(

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."