eeneR

Job needed.....

Anyone looking for a puter geek? Looks like the department is going to get flushed.....tomorrow thru next week. Good chance my position is being
eliminated .....:(

Course I can find something new and exciting to get into...any ideas? ;)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Another IT brother losing his job.

That would be sister :P

And yes, there may be a few of us....I will be suprized if I do get to stay, actually will be suprized if the whole department is not outsourced in the next few months....as that is already starting to happen to a level. Next 3 big projects are being handled by other companys B|
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Hmmm.... Colorado?

Its one of my thoughts....also trying to decide what I want to do career wise now.....too many options....:S
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

...will be suprized if the whole department is not outsourced in the next few months....

I would suggest you find out who the potential outsourcing agencies are and list with them as soon as possible. IF you cannot find out, then list with all of them in your area. You could find yourself working on the same project, just for a different company....maybe more money.

I would suggest you find out who the potential outsourcing agencies are and list with them as soon as possible. IF you cannot find out, then list with all of them in your area. You could find yourself working on the same project, just for a different company....maybe more money.

Ha!!, on the contrary, you'll be making LESS money.

That's not an absolute. It depends on your skillset and project. I was a GE Smallworld GIS magik programmer, SysAdmin & applications developer. After my company played this game, it cost them more for consulting and in turn, more for my services. Now, if you're an MCSE "type," that could be true.

Fortunately, there is life after I.T. and I don't know that I could ever go back. Sure the money was great, but the quality of life is better. I make half as much, but enjoy it twice as much.

Fortunately, there is life after I.T. and I don't know that I could ever go back

This is my problem, im not so sure this is where I want to continue.....the ultimate question now...."What do I wanna be when I grow up?"
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Fortunately, there is life after I.T. and I don't know that I could ever go back. Sure the money was great, but the quality of life is better. I make half as much, but enjoy it twice as much.

Yes you are right, and I wouldn't care if I make half as much, if the work environment is good, but a place like that is very hard to find, I'm still looking and keeping my options open, that's all I can say.

Sucks for IT everywhere.

Yup. sure does, I wonder if it will ever recover.

I think I'm gonna start honing my packing skills, freefall and canopy, and get a coach rating, it will be little money but TONS of fun.

Hmmm.... Colorado?

Its one of my thoughts....also trying to decide what I want to do career wise now.....too many options....:S

That's my girl. Bring it on. Oh we could get into some trouble being able to hang out together :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

"What do I wanna be when I grow up?"

A kid!!!

Seriously, I'm likely to find myself in a similar scenario and I was thinking about my options last night ranging from looking for a new job, a new job in a new skydiver friendly state, a new job back in Canada or cutting away and becoming a professional full-time skydiver. I think initially I would look for a new job here in CO, but if nothing pans out (it's not a cheap state to live in) moving back to Canada would be the responsible thing as becoming a full-time skydiver would be hard on me financially and I would likely be living in the US illegally (like all the other foreign skydivers :o).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

That sucks dude, I'm in IT too. I'd say come to Ohio, but the weathers cold and the jobs suck

Like it is any different in Chicago? ;)

I really need to take a week and think....so If I loose my job, I may be showing up at some nice warm DZ's in florida in the near future...
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

That's my girl. Bring it on. Oh we could get into some trouble being able to hang out together

No kidding!!!! roflmao!!!! bring it on.....:ph34r:

fingers are crossed...if I get a decent severance package, I will hit the road for a month....B|
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto