CrazyIvan

A post of appreciation

To ALL PACKERS!!!

Since the weather is crappy here, I'm home practicing my packing and DAMN!!!! that sucker is very hard to get it in the bag, especially a brand new canopy. It's frustrating.

Thank you packers, you're really worth every penny.

Any tips on how to get it in easily? :)

This is going to be hard to describe without showing you, but once you have it on the ground and are getting ready to put it in the bag:

Instead of making your first fold from the bottom and then making the other fold and bringing it on top, try making the last fold first and putting it in the bag by itself. Then make the first s-fold last and slide it in towards the middle. Dang that's really hard to describe in words. Hope it helps. It's all in controlling the fabric.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

To ALL PACKERS!!!

KY Jelly - Rubber Gloves and a Flashlight -

oh wait - umm - nevermind.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I see by your profile you're jumping a Sabre2....psycho pack it.

http://www.precision.net/psycho/psycho_pack.htm

I've got almost 200 jumps on my Sabre2 now, all but about 5 of 'em psycho packed. Excellent openings, even on my wingsuit. Easy to bag. Check out the link above to find out how to do it. Down near the bottom there's a link to another page with pictures showing all the steps.

Mike

This is going to be hard to describe without showing you, but once you have it on the ground and are getting ready to put it in the bag:

Instead of making your first fold from the bottom and then making the other fold and bringing it on top, try making the last fold first and putting it in the bag by itself. Then make the first s-fold last and slide it in towards the middle. Dang that's really hard to describe in words. Hope it helps. It's all in controlling the fabric.

I know what you mean, I was thinking about that, I saw a packer do that once.

Dude, you shouldnt be depending on packers.
Just pack that thing till you can do it consistantly.

I just got my new sabre2 a few weeks ago and was having one hell of a time with it. I hadnt packed ANYTHING in 8 years and never packed zero P before.

At this point it takes me about 30 minutes. Thats pretty slow compared to some but frankly I dont give a crap B|

I just repacked it a couple times each day and now I
dont have any problems B|

See I got smart. I know there's no way I'm gonna be able to pack a brand new ZP canopy after getting so used to F111 (I've only packed ZP canopies maybe 25 times at most), so I found a nice used sabre2. It's got under 100 jumps on it so it's apparently still pretty slippery (I don't have it yet), but it's gotta be better than brand new. And I even saved about 25% off the BEST price for a new one I could find. All thanks to dropzone.com's classifieds! YAY!

I should be getting the canopy tomorrow or thursday, whenever my check clears. Then I'll get to learn the fun of fairly new ZP. Can't wait!

Dave

CrazyIvan - how many jumps you got now? And you still ain't packed??

Shheeeeet.

Dude, that stuff is slippery [:/]

I know what you mean. I bought a new Sabre2 and it was taking me 45 minutes to pack plus I ended up exhausted after packing it. I decided to pay a packer until it got less slippery. It took about 30 pack jobs before I was able to do it consistently on my own.

Patrick
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

I know what you mean, I was thinking about that, I saw a packer do that once.

This is what I do. Works great.

New canopy. Mmmmmm CRISPY!!:)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants