Nightingale

Are you certified?

jsut went to my SABC(self aid / buddy care) refresher today
incorperates CPR etc but we dont get the cert card anymore.

too many people were getting sued b/c they tried to help. From what I understand they cant sue you if , you are acting as a good citizen but if you are acting as a CRP certified person they can sue you for stupid things like broken ribs.

(at least thats the rumor I heard about when We asked about the cards two years ago)
My photos

My Videos

too many people were getting sued b/c they tried to help. From what I understand they cant sue you if , you are acting as a good citizen but if you are acting as a CRP certified person they can sue you for stupid things like broken ribs.

Actually if you perform CPR and do not have the certification you can get sued.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

not if you fall under the good sameritan law.

Tevchnically I could watch them die OR i could do something to prevent/postpone it.

since we(ppl I work with and most AF members) arent trained as EMT's we aren technically trinaed to do CPR (by the rule book)

but in a emergency situation I am trained to keep some of my coworkers alive. I guess it s all about the $$. the military doesnt wanna pay for ALL of its members to have the card, as long as we know how to battledress a wound
My photos

My Videos

I guess it s all about the $$. the military doesnt wanna pay for ALL of its members to have the card, as long as we know how to battledress a wound

Not necessarily, if the AF offers the Combat Life(takers) Savers Course like the Army you should get your CPR certification on completion of the course. Check into it and you might be able to get your people the little wallet card so they can impress all the girls;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

not if you fall under the good sameritan law.

That law protects you if you act in the scope of your training. If you perform CPR and are certified, you're fine. But if you perform and are NOT certified, then you've gone beyond the scope of your training. Thats how it's written. Teaching that law and what it means is part of what i do during my classes.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

The nose trauma would be a good reason for the mask, but I bet clearing that airway was a challenge. The main concern for most first responders regarding the mask is the coolio little valve in it that keeps the "patient's" puke from getting in your mouth.

Internal injuries and some spinal traumas can cause projectile vomiting. Very hard, convusive yards and yards away kind of vomiting. If you're not wearing a mask, you are going to catch whatever communicable diseases the victim has (probably other than HIV. Hepatitis and TB are highly communicable).

Plus it can be kind of icky kissing a guy.

Are you certified in CPR and/or first aid? Just curious.

Yup have been since i was 15,
Rescue Diver
Cliff Rescue Team
Medic in the Navy
and now as a School Teacher I have to be Surf qualified to do reef walks and Beach excusions:)Everyone should get certified, it may be the wife or child of yours who need saving
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?