clint

www.skydivemoab.com

20 bucks to 8500 to 9500 feet. Ouch. A little pricey

I know it's pricey! Lots of variables in this planning.
I dont' know how high the plane will climb to. We think that this is what the dz can do for now since we haven't flown a load yet.
If the plane will go higher, than expected, in the same amount of time, then we'll go higher.
We've estimated all the variables and we came up with this. We also called around to get this #.
Things always change. But until we start flying and get on our feet, we also had to put something on the website, and walla!
Thanks for your constructive critism, always welcomed.
Clint MacBeth
Skydive Moab 435 259 JUMP
M.O.A.B. Mother Of All Boogies Sept 19 - 23, 2012

>how are you getting over a minute of free fall on a tandem from 10K? your tandems will have to be pulling awfully low for that. perhaps a wording change to "almost a minute" of free fall?

I saw this too, We just overlooked this along with 1 or 2 other things.

Thanks for you carefull reading, it helps.
CLint
Clint MacBeth

Yea!! Nice site Clint!! I'm so excited for you & Shelly!! Very cool!

Just one question... in the Gallery - I didn't know corn grew in Moab or that the spotted otter was there - but they are nice pics!!

Can't wait to get out to visit you guys. What's the weather like in February? Also, for the colder times, are there any kind of indoor sleeping arrangements available?

Good luck to you!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Hi Erica,

Well you know, I dont have any jumps over moab yet so I had to do something.
Weather is great in feb, average is 52 I think.
Well we have our motorhome out here not being used. I'm sure you'd find no problem finding some place to sleep:o!

See you out here soon
Clint MacBeth

We skydivers really need to try and spread the word to our climbing and mountain biking friends who often play in Moab about your new drop zone. I think you've got yourself a great location if the word gets out as Moab attracts adventurous people.

Having $20 9k Cessna jumps is a bit of a bummer, but I guess you've got to start somewhere right. What will you charge us for 4k hop n' pops? The next time I visit Moab on a climbing/biking trip, I'll make my way out there for some jumps (and hopefully bring some whuffo friends for some tandems). But the problem is, that lately I haven't been spending too much time with the climbing and mountain biking people. I've been too busy skydiving. :S

By the way, I like the web site. Some pics of the DZ from altitude would be a nice addition. But it sounds like you guys aren't quite up and running yet.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Thanks for the email.

Tomorrow we get to fly 1st load over Moab.
So then we'll get some other photos
Where do you live?

Let me know when you are planning to come out.
Again thanks for the email,
CLint
Clint MacBeth

As a web designer, I think your site is looking hot. I love the pictures, even though they aren't all Moab and they aren't all skydiving.

I think jumping in Moab will be sweet. The view will be unbelievable. I'll make a point of visiting.

I have to agree with everyone else though. I don't think there is anyway to justify spending that much on a skydive from 8,500. I think we pay $9 to 8,500 in Tecumseh. Not enough tude for a good freefly dive either.

Nevertheless, I think it will be a great dz. The sooner you can get the prices down the better.

I bet a high pull with some friends would be amazing.

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the nice comments about the website.
Yes I know that the price is high but for now it's what it is. I'm sure it'll change, I'll find out tomorrow.
Can't wait to see you out here,
Clint
Clint MacBeth

52 in Feb - nice. To a chicagoan, that'll feel like summer!
Thanks for the offer, been looking for somewhere to go this winter. And i've been itching to do a BASE jump (just still nervous).

You've absoluetly got to let us know when you get the new pics posted. It sounds absoluetly amazing!! What towns/cities are near by?

What towns/cities are near by?

Moab is the only town nearby. There really isn't anything out there (even though it is a very pretty part of the country). Grand Junction is a little more than an hour away and Salt Lake City will be several hours (at least 3 if memory serves correct).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Thanks for the info - but, Blech, I wanna move somewhere like that - nice weather, cool stuff to do, NO SNOW, not too hot, but would like a town too.

Oh, well, keeps it as a good place to visit.