captainpooby

Free Mumia!!!

Ok...here's some of the facts on the website:

Jamal's taxi was found in the parking lot across the street from the shooting.

Jamal was apprehended sitting wounded at the crime scene just 40 seconds after the final shot was fired.

Jamal was found wearing an empty shoulder holster, with a gun registered in his name on the ground at his side.

The first officer at the scene said that after he identified himself, Jamal reached for his gun, attempting to fire at him too.

Jamal's 5 shot Charter Arms revolver contained 5 spent shells. Ballistics tests (none of which has ever been refuted by the defense) verify that the bullets found in Jamal's gun were the same caliber (.38), brand (Federal Arms) and unique type (+P with a hollow base) as the fatal bullet that was removed from Officer Daniel Faulkner's brain.

Though the fatal bullet could not be matched to Jamal's gun to the exclusion of all others, etched into its outer edge was the same general riffling pattern as is found in the barrel of Jamal's gun. (8 lands and grooves with a right hand direction of twist.)

Actually Philly, the caliber shell used was iffy at best. They said the officer was shot with .45 cal shells...the accused had a .38. Like I said, you're reading a biased web site.

Bottom line...who cares. The internet is hardly the place to find "facts", and certainly not a personal website in honor of the officer. He could have been shot with a 155mm Howitzer for all we know.

Am I for or against letting him out? No opinion to be honest. I am just merely pointing out that one should not read a website and automatically assume what is on it is fact...court transcripts or not. Keep an open mind.

With that it's time to hit the bars for some much anticipated beer, women and hopefully a brawl (I should be so lucky).

Forty-two

Actually Philly, the caliber shell used was iffy at best. They said the officer was shot with .45 cal shells

No, I'm reading the transcripts. The "they" you speak of was the defense attorney. "They" said it was a .44 (not .45) based on the hand written note of a medical doctor who removed the bullet and had no forensic or ballistic training. This same doctor testified that this was a guess based on the size of the wound, which he was unaware was created by an expanding, holllow point round.

Not to mention the several witenesses who testified seeing Jamal shoot him, then walk over to him, fire at him a few more times, missing, and then lean down and put one in his forehead.

Not to mention Jamal's registered handgun was found at his feet next to Faulkner, containing empty casings.

He could have been shot with a 155mm Howitzer for all we know.

Not according to George Fassnacht, the balistics expert hired by the defense who testified that the bullet was defintely not a .44, and was "most likely" a .38.

You are right. The prosecution did say it came from a .38. Because it did come from a .38. But at the appeal hearing in 95, the defense balistics expert also said what I quoted above. Get the transcript, and you'll see for yourself.

I have a little more knowledge about this situation than just what comes from that web site. I've lived here for 32 years.

From what biased source did you find out that "they" said it was a .45?

Yes, a prosecution witness said it came from a .44, under cross examination from the defense regarding a hand written note made by a medical examiner. I think I explained all this above. The person who said it was a .44 was a lae person, not a ballistics expert. It was the medical examiner who performed the autopsy.

The only ballistics expert to testify regarding the caliber of the round pulled out of Faulkner's head, said it was NOT a .44, and was "most likely" a .38, and he was a witness for the defense.

Ok...here's some of the facts on the website:

Jamal's taxi was found in the parking lot across the street from the shooting.

Jamal was apprehended sitting wounded at the crime scene just 40 seconds after the final shot was fired.

Jamal was found wearing an empty shoulder holster, with a gun registered in his name on the ground at his side.

The first officer at the scene said that after he identified himself, Jamal reached for his gun, attempting to fire at him too.

Jamal's 5 shot Charter Arms revolver contained 5 spent shells. Ballistics tests (none of which has ever been refuted by the defense) verify that the bullets found in Jamal's gun were the same caliber (.38), brand (Federal Arms) and unique type (+P with a hollow base) as the fatal bullet that was removed from Officer Daniel Faulkner's brain.

Though the fatal bullet could not be matched to Jamal's gun to the exclusion of all others, etched into its outer edge was the same general riffling pattern as is found in the barrel of Jamal's gun. (8 lands and grooves with a right hand direction of twist.)

I'm not a ballistics expert. Can anyone explain how they can be sure of the fingerprint of the gun barrel on the rounds, yet so unsure of the calibre of the bullet?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

He represented himself in the first trial.

I think the only guys who do this are those who want to make speeches during the trial, knowing that their lawyer would not do it to their satisfaction. They know they are guilty, know they will be found guilty in their trial, and want one last grand stage to spew a lot of filth from their mouth.

Like the NY subway shooter.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Regarding the first post link:

What is the meaning of that "with the purchase of another mumia of equal or lesser value" and the Target store symbol? I hope this is just a joke.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I agree. His sentence should be commuted to life without parole. Let him rot.

Further, it was my understanding that his sentence would automatically switch somehow to life without parole if no further action was taken. Perhaps I'm misinformed about this, however.

"Mumia", as he fancies himself ("award-winning journalist" is another laugh altogether, too) would be dead already if the police and the prosecution hadn't botched the case.

He's only lasted this long because he's a liberal and bleeding-heart cause celebre. One wonders how many innocents on death row could have received real justice in their cases if all the attention wasn't being focused on that asshole.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."