AggieDave

Woodchipper question

Alright, so I have a nice woodchipper I just got (used for a great price), but I've got a bit of a problem. Since this is my first woodchipper, I'm at a loss as to how to fix this.

I've tried to clear it by hand, but I can't get it to budge, I tried to get it to reverse feed to clear it, but it won't budge and its definately stuck going forward. Which is odd, since I was using it, it was working great with the smaller stuff, but when I got to the torso the woodchipper locked up.

Anyone have experience with this?

>:(B|:P>:(
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

. . . it was working great with the smaller stuff, but when I got to the torso the woodchipper locked up.

Anyone have experience with this?

It didn't lock up, it probably just gummed up. There is a significant difference. Solution: Freeze the bodies before inserting into the chipper -- she'll run like a champ.

. . =(_8^(1)

Excerpt from NJ's 1001 uses for a woodchipper manual:

When using the woodchipper: Remove ALL clothes and shoes, also get rid of hair (don't cut it, burn it, it's faster), do not place heads in the woodchipper, just limbs and properly quartered torso.

Hope that helps. :D:D:P

Dave, I really think you should get the torch out, after looking at it, I think it will burn away. Those things are nothing like the commercials say. A damn femor clogged mine up last time, cheap ass tools. Why didn't you ask to use my heavy duty chipper, that thing will really get the pieces spread out more over the catfish pond so the fish will eat it all and it won't settle out, damn DNA identification they almost found enough in Uncle Earl's pond to arrest him. Look, I have to make a trip home to alligator hunt at least 3 or 4 times a year, save em, I need bait.

"Sacrifice is a part of life. It is supposed to be. It's not something you regret . It's something to aspire to." Mitch Albom

One of our local chiropractors found it more logical to use a chain saw on the torso. He then put the leftover parts of the torso into a garbage bag, weighted it down with a couple of bricks, and tossed it into the Mississippi River. I think this would have been more effective had he not used the heavier 'Glad' bag as the deterioration of the torso was slowed down by the airtight (watertight) bag. You may want to use this technique, which we refer to as the 'Jim Clint' chiropractic adjustment.
By the way, I no longer play the guitar since I too tried to clear my jam by hand. Kids don't try THAT at home.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]