hawkflight

Second AFF 1 successful

Well I passed AFF1 on my second attempt....The first time a came outta the plane wrong and tumbled for a while before getting stable......The second time I was better prepared for exit and pulled it off pretty well.....boy was I glad I really like this sport and want to do well at it..........it's funny there was a time when just jumping out of a plane would have been enough for me ...now I wanna jump out of a plane and do it RIGHT.....Tom

"Any fool can learn for his own mistakes, a wise man learns from anothers." Mark Twain

Congrats Tom! I watched your video and have to say that jumps don't come much better than what I saw.........you were diving the dive on the way up to altitude, you exited and "stabled out" immediately and enjoyed the ride down.

It was a pleasure meeting you and talking with you.....your enthusiam is contagious, as you found out during the Christmas Party. You're a damn good cook too lol.

Welcome to West Point and welcome to the world's greatest family - the skydiving community as a whole. Once you get your license, I would love to do a 2-way with you buddy as you have a skydiver's heart. ;)

Thanks ,
I hope I was'nt too overzealous at the party I just LOVE this SPORT and want to be a part of it all....I also like West Point and want to be a part of that community to......

"Any fool can learn for his own mistakes, a wise man learns from anothers." Mark Twain

Well I passed AFF1 on my second attempt....The first time a came outta the plane wrong and tumbled for a while before getting stable......The second time I was better prepared for exit and pulled it off pretty well.....boy was I glad I really like this sport and want to do well at it..........it's funny there was a time when just jumping out of a plane would have been enough for me ...now I wanna jump out of a plane and do it RIGHT.....Tom

Did you jump from a C-182? If so, same thing happened to me on L3 first time out of a C-182..I prefer the Otter or KingAir.
Way to go Tom for your tenacity! Hang in there!;)B|

Congrats Hawkflight!!! Keep it going!! B|

Did you jump from a C-182? If so, same thing happened to me on L3 first time out of a C-182..I prefer the Otter or KingAir.
Way to go Tom for your tenacity! Hang in there!;)B|

Kind of funny, I am the opposite. I always tumble a bit from the big planes [:/]. Now I just pretend to do it on purpose. ;) I do the hanging strut exit from the 182 and am stable from start to finish though, quite fun!!