kansasskydiver

I'm NOT a cowboy

See, to me a "modern" cowboy is someone who *thinks* they're a cowboy. They're the same asshats that have a stetson shaped so sharp that its a fucking taco, a shirt startched so hard it'll stand in the corner on its own and call themselves bull riders because they road a mechanical bull once.

So, in this era, I consider "cowboy" to be almost an insult. Know what I mean?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i know what you mean. there are a lot wanna be's here, since it's an ag school and all. every now and then i'll see a cowboy from the rodeo team, but it's a rare sight. seems like there are more rednecks these a days. . . . which i think i would rather have ;)

Here in Florida, I learned that a 'cowboy' is somewhat different.
A friend moved down here from a farm community in Ohio, back when he was in High School. He had a tough time with the jocks and the greasers and the gangster cliques.
One day he was invited to a party, where he rode a horse for the first time, a doobie put in his mouth, and he found his tribe.....they called themselves 'cowboys' B|

See, to me a "modern" cowboy is someone who *thinks* they're a cowboy. They're the same asshats that have a stetson shaped so sharp that its a fucking taco, a shirt startched so hard it'll stand in the corner on its own and call themselves bull riders because they road a mechanical bull once.

So, in this era, I consider "cowboy" to be almost an insult. Know what I mean?

like this? :D Just kidding ya dave. But i think there is another "cowboy" and that is the working cowboy. On the ranch, running cattle or other livestock etc. there are still quite a few of those around.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

But i think there is another "cowboy" and that is the working cowboy. On the ranch, running cattle or other livestock etc. there are still quite a few of those around.

that my dream job....
sleeping on the ground under the stars, riding herd in the rain, finding the lil ones all up in the draws and valleys...

Always wanted to do an old fashioned cattle drive - singing to the cows at night...

It'd be nice to have 100K+ acres with a couple thousand black angus and herefords...

damn, back to reality.
Scars remind us that the past is real