quade

"Bush lacks will to find bin Laden" -- Clark

There's a historical comparison between being attacked by Japan, but putting that fight off until we defeated the Axis. Get Saddam first, cause he's has more resources to promote terrorism, then get the O-man.

-Why in God's name am I posting in a political thread?

Oh, crap. Yes I am aware that Japan was in the Axis. I was referring to the European folks.

And tell us about how the Battles of Midway, Coral Sea, Guadalcanal... were put off until after Germany was defeated.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

GWB almost had OBL before he redirected efforts into Iraq. At least he had seemed to be closing in on him. At least, that's what The White House was telling us back in April, 2002.

Which wouldn't be an issue even if it were true, had Clinton given the go ahead on the several opportunities he had (by being in power--not behind a gun. I wouldn't go on a hunting trip with the man.) to exterminate Osama.

It's obvious to me you have absolutely no tactical experience, nor do you study the art of warfare. If you remove your enemy's most important resource, he will surface from whatever trench he occupies. In this case, it's attention, which Osama craves. In a heavy campaign focusing on him, he will dig into the center of the earth. While his former enemy turned friend via mutual hatred for the US, Saddam, is under the spotlight in a very worthwhile effort, Afghanistan slips to the back page of the funny section. Don't worry though, Afghanistan is currently well covered by American forces. I have friends over there right now. When that little worm pops his head up to find a CNN video camera, I expect he'll get to see a 690-grain, half-inch sphere for the last millisecond of his life.

For whatever it's worth, he is being aggressively hunted like the pig he is. Just because CNN's cameras are off covering something else, doesn't mean our boys aren't still there.

BTW, I will certainly take out the ammo supply before the shooter, if given the opportunity. If the shooter has no ammo, he can't shoot at you anymore, now can he? What about his friends who run dry? They all become targets in a Coney Island shooting gallery.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

BTW, I will certainly take out the ammo supply before the shooter, if given the opportunity. If the shooter has no ammo, he can't shoot at you anymore, now can he? What about his friends who run dry? They all become targets in a Coney Island shooting gallery.

Uh... Boeing just got a new contract to start making 7E7 bullets in Everett WA and where I can see the buildings when we are climbing to altitude..

You guys are all using the assumption that Iraq was financing Al Qaeda. I would like to see proof of that. What has been documented is that most of the money came from Saudi Arabia - but funny enough they are US allies and buy US weapons big time.

The only financing of terror by SH that (AFAIK) has been documented (and admitted by the Iraqi’s) was the payment of money to families of Palestinian suicide bombers. It seems the White House spin-doctors have done a great job creating a perception of fact for claims that are doubtful at best.

BTW the situation in Afghanistan is not that great. Progress is not good, the security situation outside Kabul is problematic, the Taleban is re-grouping and It does not help when 14 children are killed by mistake in the hunt for Taleban fighters….. If the resources and money spend in Iraq had been targeted at Afghanistan in order to finish the job, the international community might now be in a better position in regard to the “war on terror”. Now there is still unfinished business in Afghanistan and you have a new problem and a new class of terrorists in Iraq (and notice that attacks have not stopped after the capture of SH).

I am not saying that the Iraq issue should not have been addressed at some stage, but there was more “clear and present danger” from Al Qaeda then Iraq. I think the US changed focus from Afghanistan/OBL to Iraq far too early.
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

Gee whiz Paul, you've been looking for every little straw to pull on Bush lately. Good grief. Clark can kiss my pasty white @ss.

What I love about all these "men who know better" on the left is how they offer nothing in solution, yet everything in criticism. Here's why:

1) They hate seeing a policy that works, not perfectly of course, but has been making progress. Just about every statistic supports this.

2) They aren't in the know with the daily matricies of information that Bush gets every single morning, so, all they can do is complain, and then offer nothing in alternative. Bush is not immune to this also, he campaigned against our armed forces being involved in nation building. Well, I think we can all agree that he realized that idea cannot be an absolute.

It's just more shrill screaming and it's hurting my head... :S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

1) They hate seeing a policy that works, not perfectly of course, but has been making progress. Just about every statistic supports this.

Please explain how the war in Iraq has resulted in progress in the "war on terror" and holding the men responsible for 9/11 to account?

2) They aren't in the know with the daily matricies of information that Bush gets every single morning, so, all they can do is complain, and then offer nothing in alternative.

Are you talking the type of information GWB got in regard to WMD's in Iraq and the location of Saddam during the war ? (Remember those "precision bombings" - quite a few Iraqi's are dead due to these. )
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

Gee whiz Paul, you've been looking for every little straw to pull on Bush lately. Good grief. Clark can kiss my pasty white @ss.

Hardly! I've left a LOT of stuff unsaid in the last few days because I didn't want to bring a lot of folks down from the high of the Hussein news.

In this thread I'm simply pointing out what Clark has said, for your information, amusement or, I guess in your case, ridicule.

As for him kissing your pasty white . . . I'll pass that up to him. ;) I guess I gotta get past Madonna first though.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

As for him kissing your pasty white . . . I'll pass that up to him. ;) I guess I gotta get past Madonna first though.

:D Nicely said!
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Go ahead. Post it.

Just one example of things that -maybe- shouldn't be said in context of the war in Iraq.

"Justice was being delivered to a man who defied that gift from the Almighty to the people of Iraq." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 15, 2003

Now, forget the silly Bushism quality of the sentance structure and think about the whole Christian / Muslim part of how this would be viewed in the Arab world.

Then there's the whole bit about talking about the death penalty even before the trial has been really talked about.

I'm guessing that wasn't too helpful.

This goes back to an old queston of mine -- who writes this stuff?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver