Bobbytransue

javelin vs mirage g4

im not experienced in the least to know which is better.

That is why I suggested to buy used. Once you have a few hundred jumps, your knowledge will be significantly more than you have right now.

New gear is expensive and the value drops faster than a new car. Used gear tends to hold value better. So if you by "X" and decide you like "Y" later. You will take a big hit selling the gear you bought new.

So find a used rig and spend some time learning what you want and what you like. Then you will be in a much better position to spend money on what you want.

I made the same mistake buying a SLR camera years ago. I bought a model and it was good at first, but then didn't have the lens options of a better brand. Luckily, I bought it cheap, but for a few hundred more I could have bought a MUCH better camera. The 200 I spent on the lesser camera in the end was a waste.

Buy used, learn more, THEN buy the new kit you want.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

they are both really good rigs - I'll soon have an Odyssey, a G4 and a Vector and they are all fine. I've jumped Wings and Infinities too and those are nice rigs, too.

In order of priority for your two:
1 - Which one do you like the looks of best?
2 - Does the delivery time really matter that much?
3 - What is your rigger's recommendation or preference (I doubt a good rigger cares much)

For your reserve colors and stitching, just do what your rigger prefers for ease of inspection - he'll see it more than you.

that said - I'd go used unless you have a bunch of money

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

" how do you like the pulse?"

It's perfect for what I want.
Smooth openings with very little drama.
Fun to fly with short recovery arch.
Nice landings.

What made me decide on the PULSE , were those specific flight characteristics, and my container can be one size smaller, cause the PULSE packs smaller.

I have a 190, and if I want to downsize, to let's say a Sabre 2 170, it still fits perfectly with the same container.
It seems we are pretty much on the same page as far as these things are concerned.
cheers.

+1 for Infinity

I've got one myself and I personally LOVE IT. I jumped nothing but Javelin's while on student status and I would get sore thighs from my weight being suspended on thin leg straps...I'm 5'11 and weigh 160 lbs. It's just my opinion but for skinny folks the double wide leg straps Infinity offers (I'm sure other manufacturers do as well) One of the best options I put on my container...that and the floating laterals. Infinity Rocks!...you should try one before passing on it!

I ordered a new Javelin in late Nov '10 and it was delivered just before Christmas '10 - not even close to 10 weeks. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for PD to deliver the canopies and it's now almost mid-Feb :( Back to the Javelin subject: my first rig in '85 was an Altitude Shop 'Corsair' then in '92 I bought a new Javelin. I loved the rig very much and then dropped out of the sport for 5 years in early 2000's. I sold the whole rig to friend that still jumps it today - 19 years old now - and it looks brand new. So I decided to by a new Jav late last year:)