McDuck

Thailand's a bust

If you are referring to my Cora, then the answer is no. If you aren't referring to her, my only answer is "huh?" :PB|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Regardless of where you camp, I don't recommend locating your tent anywhere near Sunshine's. :ph34r:

Camp Colorado will rise once again - Not sure if the ool will be back though. Will have to see what the temps will be that time of year - and yes, there will be a cover to get in the ool - I've still got to justify the cost for the thing somehow :S.

Then count us in. We could stand to learn all that we can, and we're quite humble when it comes to learning in this sport. :)

Great, then we'll see ya there.

shhh, don't tell anyone, but don't let Lisa spot if you jump with her.

If I go to Rautoul next year can I jump on your loads. Please, please.:P:P
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I actually started out in Whitehall in '87, moving on quickly to training "behind the wall" for air launched nukes. I went back for advanced training a few years later and found it to be a much more interesting place...for a totally flat landscape with no trees. The running joke was that there was a pretty girl behind every tree in Rantoul. :PB|
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

We need to do an all Chanute-way at the WFFC, eh?

I taught in the Electro-Environmental course, which was spread out in several halls/ hangers.

And Chanute was a much more fun place to be the second time around, when a kid didn't have all the restrictions!

We need to do an all Chanute-way at the WFFC, eh?

I taught in the Electro-Environmental course, which was spread out in several halls/ hangers.

And Chanute was a much more fun place to be the second time around, when a kid didn't have all the restrictions!

Oh, we can absolutely do an all Chanute-way...even if there's only a few of us. ;)

You aren't kidding about the restrictions, all those "phases". My training was so long that I got to experience something called "extended third phase", where we essentially got to walk to class on our own unless otherwise directed beforehand. But I still remember that creepy guy who used to lurk behind trees waiting to catch formations or individuals screwing around. I think he taught the student leadership program on the weekends. We just called him "Jason", as in Friday the 13th's Jason. B|

The "phase" crap they put the students through was such BS -
When I was a student, it was during last days of Gen, Norma Browns' heyday. No phase crap, once we were released for the day we were on our own until formation in the morning. As along as you kept your shit straight, and did what you needed to do, it was no problem. We were resrticted for just a few days after arrival on base, then that was it. No unifrom restrictions or anything. Still had plenty of marching to do, though, and all the squadron details of course.

But if you screwed up, watch out.

She threw one hell of a going-away party for herself, too! Live band, free beer, free food - Very cool.

When I went back as Technical Instructor, there was alot of tension between STA's and us. The STA seemed to like to have the students doing details constantly, and we wanted to see them relax and study, especially during the first blocks, where all the fundamentals were being taught.

Oh, such sweet memories, Eh?

You know, I heard about that party from all of the instructors. They said she was the best Training wing commander EVER, and I can believe it. The stress created by the STAs and their perception that we needed to be bombarded with busy work was a terrible counterpoint to studying and worrying about passing your exams.

The Hitchin' Post. Drank with my commander there one night. I didn't KNOW he was my commander until the next morning when I got called to his office. Ah, the joys of being a TDY student. B|

Regardless of where you camp, I don't recommend locating your tent anywhere near Sunshine's.

cough cough...why not?? Gimp had a fabulous time tenting near me last year. :D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!