guppykf

Is there different versions of the Altitrack?

Curious were there a previous version of altitrack or are there only the military and standard? I know per unit you can switch between meters and US, but wondering more specifically if there was a previous version?

the reason I ask is I am looking at purchasing a used one. It has a black casing and the face looks like one advertised on L&B, but the the pic of the digital display looks a little different (less info than what I see on the L&B site); it could be simply the way the previous own set his settings, but just wanted to make sure before I click pay for item.

I tried to upload the photos, but they are too big and I am a techincal idiot and dont know how to reduce their file size. L&B doesnt show there was a previous version, but doing one last check in the community to make sure.
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

Curious were there a previous version of altitrack or are there only the military and standard? I know per unit you can switch between meters and US, but wondering more specifically if there was a previous version?

the reason I ask is I am looking at purchasing a used one. It has a black casing and the face looks like one advertised on L&B, but the the pic of the digital display looks a little different (less info than what I see on the L&B site); it could be simply the way the previous own set his settings, but just wanted to make sure before I click pay for item.

I tried to upload the photos, but they are too big and I am a techincal idiot and dont know how to reduce their file size. L&B doesnt show there was a previous version, but doing one last check in the community to make sure.

They are incredibly helpful at LARSEN & BRUSGAARD. Send Mads an email.

[email protected]

See this thread, HERE.

Includes pictures, and some descriptions, of both (non-metric anyway) versions.

As others have also already pointed out too - simply drop a direct line to L&B. I've always found Mads there, to be EXTREMELY responsive, and helpful.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

There are at least software differences. The one I have doesn't turn itself off where as a friend of mine bought a newer model which turns itself off after 14 hours. Also the metric 6km scale was different in that the part from 0 m to 500 m had a tic every 100 m, maybe even up to 1 km.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Yeah I saw that thread and I knew there was a difference in the analog face based on symmetrical and assymmetrical; it was the digital underside I was wondering about.

However, thanks so much for the advice; I have an email out to Mads currently and I sent her photos so she can clarify if it was just they way he had his settings or if it was an earlier model.

Thanks everyone for the info!
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

Sorry I never met this person and I assumed. My bad!

BTW he did respond to me and this is what I learned:

There are nothing wrong with the AltiTrack, the LCD is just showing a different window then we show.
Please note that this AltiTrack is one of the first versions where you can’t offset it negative (to the left).
If you look at a new AltiTrack you can see that the inner scale also is to the left.
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

Sorry I never met this person and I assumed. My bad!

It is not easy with all those foreign names B|

Just wait 'till you have to pronounce it... :P

From yet another dane with the name Mads
If everything seems under control.. You're just not going fast enough..!