ChasingBlueSky

Funeral for a Friend (Team Funnel Member)

Posting this here for anyone that used to jump here and has moved on from Skydive Chicago and for Team Funnel Members not in the area.

We were notified of some very sad news today. Jeremy Stockley (TF#9) lost his battle to cancer around 5am this morning. (Jeremy was only in his mid 20's).

While he was only at the DZ a few times in the last two years (including a remission period at the Winter Expo where it looked like he was only a short time away from making another skydive), he was a founding member of Team Funnel and a part of the family.

His desire to skydive again was always a positive force in his life, and wanted to get healthy so he could return to school and be in the air again.

This is part of a message his family sent us today:
His last Team Funnel jump (that we know of) was in April of 2002. Once again, thanks for making his
time here enjoyable and pleasent. We ask that his name and number remain in Team Funnel and Skydive Chicago history as I am sure he would've prefered this.

His memorial information is listed below, if you can't make it, please send a note and make a skydive for him this weekend.

Blue skies

His visitation will be held on Saturday (January 17, 2004) from 9:30 until 11:00am. The funeral service will begin promply at 11:00am following the visitation which will both be held at St. Theresa's Catholic Church of Earlville, Illinois (60518). Burial will immediately follow the service. Please pass this forward to all members. Once again, thank you. Also, the mailing address that cards, etc... can be directed is

The Stockley's
210 North Street
PO Box 185
Earlville, IL 60518

:(:(

I'm so glad i got to see him at winter expo last year. I went through pics and found a few with him in it. Attached is my fave. It's from SDC xmas party 2001.

Left to Right:
Sparky, princess, Rich, Sunshine, Jeremy, Megan, Bo

Won't make it to the funeral, but he'll know he's in my thoughts. Fly free Jeremy. See ya when i see ya.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

We were notified of some very sad news today. Jeremy Stockley (TF#9) lost his battle to cancer around 5am this morning. (Jeremy was only in his mid 20's).

Wow, this is really sad. I never meet Jeremy, but I have heard wonderful things about him.

In my thoughts.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey