rhino

Who will you vote for President? Why?

Paige - I love you. If you keep making such brilliant, eloquent, and logical conservative posts you might be soon be e-stalked by a short, barrel chested, muscular man in the near future with a love-struck puppy look on his face....;):P Hmm...then again, I dunno if I could pull off the puppy look. Perhaps a bulldog, but since I'm a GT YELLOW Jacket I don't want to look like a bulldog. Yuck. Anyway.....

Rhino - I'm voting for GWB. He's not doing too hot of a job as a conservative, but he's the best in the field. If he fixes SS like he proposed - via partial privatization - he's going to be a hero to anyone under 40; or over 40 for that matter.

Kerry or Lieberman would be a far more formidable opponent for GWB than Dean. I'm almost sorry Dean made that 'I have a scream' speech. Perhaps he thought he was auditioning for the WWE or WWF or whatever it's called nowdays.
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Looking and Leaning more Toward Clark..

I like the Military men..Maybe help protect us
Vets and not mess with our Benefits and Disabilitys..etc.
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

Bush, if you think a dem. is going to win after the capture of Saddam, an upswing begining in the economy, and tax cuts, you may be in for a small shock.

A Newsweek poll places it a statistical dead heat with a slight edge to that Dem if it were to be decorated war hero John Kerry.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Good idea ...Dog, I'd even go for someone who would fully fund those programs... My primary vote and heart will be with Edwards. I think the ticket that will win will be Kerry/Edwards. Both are positive progressives, Kerry's a war hero (not a pussy though someone claims all liberals are) and Edwards brings the southern vote. GW will be lucky to claim any state that's not Texas.

Bush, if you think a dem. is going to win after the capture of Saddam, an upswing begining in the economy, and tax cuts, you may be in for a small shock.

A Newsweek poll places it a statistical dead heat with a slight edge to that Dem if it were to be decorated war hero John Kerry.

Look at your source and who funds it. Most of the media and polls are put out by the left.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Look at your source and who funds it. Most of the media and polls are put out by the left.

Ahh the old liberal media bias argument. OK, but when I consider where I heard about the poll... FOXnews. Even still, what good does it do the "liberal media" to put out a poll showing Kerry winning? Add complacency to liberals? Rile up the conservatives? I don't get it? Really, what good did that do them? What's their motive so to speak if it was just "because they're liberal"? No offense, but where'd you get the idea the media was so liberal? did you come up with it on your own? My bet is you heard it on tv or radio (Rush "lock up the druggies unless you're talking about me" Limbaugh maybe?).

No offense, but where'd you get the idea the media was so liberal? did you come up with it on your own? reply]

No believe it or not, I'm a pre-law major, stay up with current issues, and have taken classes (where there are libearls teaching) telling us that at least 85% of the major media corporations are owned and operated by liberals! Where do you get the idea that they are not? Do some research and I think you might be a little surprised!

www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

"Global conglomerates can at times have a progressive impact on culture, especially when they enter nations that had been tightly controlled by corrupt crony media systems (as in much of Latin America) or nations that had significant state censorship over media (as in parts of Asia). The global commercial-media system is radical in that it will respect no tradition or custom, on balance, if it stands in the way of profits. But ultimately it is politically conservative, because the media giants are significant beneficiaries of the current social structure around the world, and any upheaval in property or social relations--particularly to the extent that it reduces the power of business--is not in their interest."

-- Robert W. McChesney, The New Global Media; It's a Small World of Big Conglomerates, The Nation Magazine, November 29, 1999

"We are here to serve advertisers. That is our raison d'etre."

-- the C.E.O. of Westinghouse(CBS), Advertising Age, February 3, 97

Hell, I'm done with quoting, check out more about the ahem "liberal" bias of the media here

Talk sense to a fool and he'll call ya foolish. You can spin it either way and believe what you will. Try looking at non-internet sources and the real deal/active participants for the real scoop of politics out there. I volunteer in a campeign and things are very different than what is portrayed online/by the media for both parties.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Well, since you're all full of sources up there in the buckeye state, how bout posting some of them. And by the way, there actually are some very valid sources posted right on the internet, often full text articles in scholarly academic journals.

When I'm done with my business law mid-term, I'll find ya some sources. I'm a buckeye so we can grow our sources out of corn. I don't know if that's any better than pulling them out of our ass, but hey, at least it's better than the NYtimes...right?!?!

Ugh, off to slave over midterm.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I'm voting for neither the dems or repubs. I'm voting my conscience.

For the rest of you, if you don't like either of the two major parties get out and vote anyway for whomever represents your beliefs the best. Only about half of the eligible population votes. If the other half got out and voted for their beliefs, we would see a major political revolution. The rhetoric of "throwing your vote away" is just that- rhetoric to keep you home and out of the game.

When I'm done with my business law mid-term, I'll find ya some sources. I'm a buckeye so we can grow our sources out of corn. I don't know if that's any better than pulling them out of our ass, but hey, at least it's better than the NYtimes...right?!?!

Ugh, off to slave over midterm.

You would prefer the Reverend Moon? ;) Let me know if you need any assistance on that bus. law. I aced it a couple years back.:ph34r: No politics in that course really though.;)

I'm voting for neither the dems or repubs. I'm voting my conscience.

reply]

Ditto! I, in all good faith, cannot bring myself to vote for a dems or the republicans. The democrats have been flip/flopping and none of them are very impressive...Dean scares me...when he smiles I keep expecting a chainsaw to show up in his hands. ::shiver::

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

There are a lot of months between now and November. I'm hoping I find someone to vote for, rather than only having someone to vote against. That means I get to listen to what they have to say, rather than making my mind up now

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)