Trent

Online Petition for Missy & Bill: 2004 World Meet

Poo Head... I kinda like the way that sounds. Or Mr Poo Head or SilverPoo Head.....

The petition is awesome idea but how about jack it up a notch.... Missy deserves to go.

If you go to the below website.... you will see nice little pictures of all the top dogs.......
Hummmmm... http://www.uspa.org/contact/bod.htm#executive

USPA Board of Directors
Executive Committee
National Directors
& Regional Directors

if you click on the cliky at the bottom of their pretty picture- .. Hummm, their EMail.

If they did not want us members to contact them then why is their email right there in front of God and everyone. ?

SilverPoo you rule...
Missy Miss you GO GIRL, and bring us back that precious ore - GOLD.
Dont be A PooHead and bring home silver.
LOL, I am just beating up PooHead for kicks, nobody can beat Rook.

I at this point, I must go back to the witness protection program... I have said way too much.

~AirAnn~

I would prefer that the USPA field a full roster of teams using the best teams available starting first with the current US National champions, then former champions, and finally other available and qualified flyers. This way if a field is incomplete hopefully the next best would be able to go and represent us.

This sounds reasonable. But would the governing board be looking at just freestyle competitors or would they include other disciplines too, like RW, freefly, etc.? In this case, Missy goes. I would love to see it happen ('cause she's talented and fun), but a lot of issues are brought to the surface about the existing rules. (Is there a rule of procedure regarding this type of situation? -- Again, I'm troglodytic. That's why I ask so many questions.)

---> One Half of Almost Nearly Normal <---

No, there aren't any rules in place for any discipline in the artistic events (I don't know anything about the RW rules), that's why this is important. There SHOULD be some kind of procedures to ensure that the US can field a complete team for the World Meets. There really isn't any reason they shouldn't have some way of working past the teams that competed in the qualifier if those teams that did qualify cannot or don't want to go to the world meet. After all, world meets are paid for by the individual teams who compete, so the USPA has no interest in having an underreprestented contingent. See?
Oh, hello again!

After all, world meets are paid for by the individual teams who compete, so the USPA has no interest in having an underreprestented contingent. See?

No, I don’t see, the USPA has every interest in this and are actively involved. If they are not, then why do you have to petition them? And if the teams pay for all of world meet cost, then what is the U.S. Team Trust Fund used for?

The USPA has every interest in having the US team under-represented and are actively involved in making sure of that? How do you figure? I don't know what that trust is for since we bought our tickets for Brazil ourselves, are paying for our own lodging, food, and as far as I know... our registration fees too. So what is the trust for? Maybe they can tell us, because you'd think that they'd let us know if there was any help they were going to give the teams going to world meets.

As for why they need to be petitioned to allow Dos Gatos to compete... it's because they usually do not allow teams who did not compete at the US Nationals to go to a world meet. To get to the world meet, you have to have an official invitation from your country's parachuting association. The only way to get an invitation as of now, is to place in the top 3 positions (in artistic events). Now if 1 of those teams can't go, the next participant (4th place) is asked to go... then if they can't 5th place goes. In THIS situation, the 2nd, 4th, and 5th place teams aren't going to the world meet, so we have 2 teams representing when we could have 3. THAT's why we have to have the petition.
Oh, hello again!

To whoever just added a ton of bogus names to the petition... thanks for being an asshole.

>:( that just pisses me off. What's the point of someone being that juvenile to the point they'd do something like that? sigh.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

To whoever just added a ton of bogus names to the petition... thanks for being an asshole.

Ok that is just friggen childish...if you dont want it to happen, fine dont put your name on the petition. But to sabotage it is a load of crap. >:(

Freestyle is a beautiful discipline and I would hate to see it go to the wayside here. It’s a shame that there is even an open slot. Some people are not looking at the big picture, just what is best for them. It is a shame.

Personally i feel it would be fair to open it up to any freestyle team and go based on credentials. As it stands right now this particular discipline is going the way of the dinosaur. Whoa!!! a whopping 5 teams competed...Why should we send only 2 teams when we can send 3.

Rules are Rules...yea and Rules need to be challenged and reviewed time to time. If as humans we didnt push and question the "Rules" we would never be where we are. Do you think we would be jumping out of airplanes if we didnt push things to see where we could take them? NO. If we just sat by and let people set rules with out questioning them and pushing them we would never progress.

my .02
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Wow - I wonder who would be childish enough to do such a thing? Must be someone that really wants the US to have an open slot in the competition (what motivation do they have?). Well, guess some people still have a grade-school mentality. Too bad :|

Ok, lets get back to the positive on this.

Okay, now lets see what their IP address is....

They're running a script to put tons of names into the list. Using names of towns in Texas with random state names and USPA numbers. Wasn't actually that hard to remove them, but they'll do it again.

Not much you can do about that I guess, but verify each USPA number against their database...
Oh, hello again!

God, it's pretty unbelieveable that someone would stoop to this level of adding bogus names....pretty pathetic, really. >:(

Freestyle is a beautiful discipline and I would hate to see it go to the wayside here. It’s a shame that there is even an open slot. Some people are not looking at the big picture, just what is best for them. It is a shame.

I agree. I think that it's a beautiful discipline that should be properly represented by the US. Missy is just the lady to fill that remaining slot.

You know what? These posts about the bogus a**hole just made this thread pop up for more people to sign! :ph34r: I had previously seen this thread and was going to definitely sign after I located my USPA number. After reading about the bogus names...I couldn't find my USPA number quickly enough! :ph34r:

Missy and Bill you have many, many, many supporters, myself included. I wish you both the best of luck! It would be an honor for the rest of us to have your two representing the US. :)

Anyone want to track an IP address for me? I'm too lazy to find a free service that'll track an IP. Let me know, false info poster is using the same IP every time they post a name... oops.

PM'd

OUCH! Busted. Does it hurt when you bounce in cyberspace?

You live in a cave?

Well. I don't actually live in a cave, but some people say I act like it. Maybe it's because I'm not tuned in to the main stream. Anyway, I hope this competition situation gets resolved. Any idea when the big decision might be made?

---> One Half of Almost Nearly Normal <---

Yeah, he/she/it was retarded enough to keep posting false info after we logged IPs. Kept using the same IP too. Nice.

Anyway, yeah, the BOD should be making a decision in late february at the board meeting. A lot of teams have already sent their letters of support to the BOD, so this petition is only one part of the whole deal.

If you haven't signed already, please, take the 2 seconds to do it:

http://www.flyvertical.com/petition.cfm
Oh, hello again!