McDuck

Practice makes...

I'll tell ya what I noticed......#1 the "other" camera in the first video. That's a Panasonic! Just like I used to have before I destroyed it. :D #2 Man do I have a bunch of video that looks like that. So many newbie sit flyers to chase....so little time. ;) Good job....keep up the improvement!

So many newbie sit flyers to chase....so little time. ;) Good job....keep up the improvement!

HAHAHA! :D Thanks for the encouragement, brother! B|

(We are a rather nifty group to chase, aren't we?;))
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

We are a rather nifty group to chase, aren't we?

For a LONG time I probably learned as much or more than my "students." :D I remember one day, after doing 5 or so of these jumps, I had to turn down a fun jump. I was just plain SMOKED. Those jumps are HARD work.....but VERY rewarding. Watching that first video I thought to myself....that place looks familiar. Then I saw the credits. Is it still at the Aerodrome right beside the highway?

Hey man great videos and congrats on learing to sitfly, you're getting good at it. I too agree with some of the comments that were made about the seperation and the other guys in the jump. Just one thing that caught my eye and if I too may add my .02 cents

"On the first jump, the other two guys were supposed to track back to me if it went to crud, but they decided to go it on their own"

You should always stick to the dirtdive no matter what. This is more important when there are more groups out etc. If you exited as a FF group etc then you want to stay as a FF group. This is just an example, not saying anything went wrong, just something to think about. Always stick to the dirtdive that way everyone knows where everyone else is, proper seperation etc.

Other than that, try riding out like you were in a slide. Do this down the hill until you get stable and then work on bring your feet down. Be careful not to tuck them under you, this is what caused you to foil over on your first attemp. If you keep them out you will be "stable" i.e. not corking then you just need to work on getting them down and your torso up. be sure not to lean over your knees as this will cause you to backslide and also keep your neck and head centered on yoru shoulders. This helps you fall stable.

Just some advice from what I remember helped me and from teaching others as well. Ride the slide, get into the recliner and then sit up. Works the best

Blues dude and congrats!!!

Kansas
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Yup, its still there!

I did my VERY FIRST 10 sec free fall there. Got so much adrenaline overload I couldn't see anything past my altimeter in free fall. :D My vision came back after looking up at the canopy deploying for a second and I watched Greg and Ken fall away. The owner then got all mad because Greg and Ken didn't put a radio on me. They were vindicated when I landed about 10Ft from the wind sock. ;)

You made me sad :(

I want to jump and it's too cold. And I'm not current and I have to work pretty steady for the next few weeks (no vacation).

Great videos. They made me smile while I watched them

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

Chris, thanks for all of that. I'm going to watch those videos again with your advice in mind. I need all the help I can get. As for the dirt dive, I DID stick with it. They were supposed to come back to me, and they chose to do their thing after losing me. I get what you mean, though. YOu need to do what you plan on doing.

Thanks for all your advice, dude. B|
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

Kevin,

I'm gonna have to come jump with y'all over there in NC! B|

Kelly

Please do! But im sure the weather is better where you are.

TSP has a great bunch of people. Everyone treated me like I have known them all forever, so hurry up and come to NC!
http://sexygirlabs.com/url]

Kelly,

Thanks darlin'! I appreciate your view and comments. And we would love to have you visit us here. I think you would enjoy the jumps, people and general feel-good atmosphere we have. Any time you want to visit let us know. Thanks again Kelly. :)

You made me sad :(

I want to jump and it's too cold. And I'm not current and I have to work pretty steady for the next few weeks (no vacation).

Great videos. They made me smile while I watched them

Glad I could make you smile, dude. Would it help to know that this past saturday, my goggles filles with tears and froze from the cold? I'm just a glutton for punishment. :PB|

Yeah, what Clint said. :P

Hope to see you there this weekend, my friend. ALL of my friends. B|

Uh, I'll be sure to not do that...I'm hoping I'm not secretly known for doing that, hence the need to warn me about it. :PB|

And what IS the darn cartoon anyway? I was going to guess the Tick, but I'm probably way off.:D

Yikes! I'll ask, but I'm not sure I'll want to hear the story. Bad juju and all.

When was your last jump at our DZ? (Hijacking my own thread seems rather appropriate. :D)

When was your last jump at our DZ?

I think it was July 4th 2000. I think Raeford was closed that day so I came out there to do my first REAL free fall. All they had in those days was a 182. Can't complain about the landing area!!! It doesn't get much bigger than that unless you go to Eloy and have miles and miles of desert to land in. :D I used to live RIGHT across the street from the Methodist College in Fayetteville.

My father lives right down the street from the Methodist College! Imagine that.

And you aren't kidding about the landing area. I was once asked, not long after getting my A license, if I could land in a relatively small area, as in for accuracy. When I said that I was pretty sure I could, the response was keyed to the fact that we are used to having so much (soft) space to land in. I guess we're spoiled that way. B|

Any chance you'll be back up this way soon?

We're seriously considering doing a boogie here as soon as the weather stays consistently warmer than it has been.

I haven't heard much about the state of affairs at Raeford. I assumed all was well over there.

I know things have changed significantly since I started at TSP, and that's been less than a year. Hopefully things will only get better as the weather warms up. :)