fluidynamic

AAD Military Discount

he only thing you have said is because of service bulletins and recalls, which says nothing about the problems that you were facing with your units. So instead of telling people to read your posts maybe you should read what you have written because you have said absolutely nothing but bash a product with nothing concrete to back it up. Which IMO does nothing to contribute to this thread or any future people reading it. Just because you had problems with something doesn't mean the product line is bad. Have you ever taken Tylenol for a headache and you still had the headache. Well if that has happened ever to anyone then by your reasoning Tylenol doesn't work and no one should use it. That one instance should ultimately overrule 1000's of instances of something working right? Just like you are saying here with Vigil right?

I am perfectly in my own own right to say i want a cypres becuase two of my units broke.... thats pretty concrete in my mind
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Jesus man.

It is too bad that your units REALLY didn't function, none of us would have to sit here and listen to your shit because you would be in a fucking crater.

haha sure buddy, is somebuddy holding you at gunpoint and making you follow this topic?
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Jesus man.

It is too bad that your units REALLY didn't function, none of us would have to sit here and listen to your shit because you would be in a fucking crater.

You wish a guy was dead because you don't like that he posted his opinion in an internet forum? Wow. You seem like a really nice person. :S
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

I am perfectly in my own own right to say i want a cypres becuase two of my units broke.... thats pretty concrete in my mind

You are right, you are within your own right to say you want a CYPRES because of your experience with Vigil but that is that not the question I posed to you. You said

I would stay away from the vigil though, it has been riddled with problems

My question was because of your single experience with this product should we all disregard the 1000's of cases of it working and happy customers? I would like an answer to this specific question not something I didn't ask. Don't beat around the bush and go in a different direction of what is asked if you intend on attempting to answer this because it just wastes everyones time. Your opinion of the product is clear and it doesn't need to be restated.

Never wished anybody to die. I am tired of hearing BS excuses about how his equipment "failed to work" without any facts to back up that statement.

it quit working, i don't know how i could make it more clear than that....

Never wished anybody to die.

It seemed pretty clear that you did when you said:

"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

That one instance should ultimately overrule 1000's of instances of something working right? Just like you are saying here with Vigil right?

My question was because of your single experience with this product should we all disregard the 1000's of cases of it working and happy customers? I would like an answer to this specific question not something I didn't ask. Don't beat around the bush and go in a different direction of what is asked if you intend on attempting to answer this because it just wastes everyones time. Your opinion of the product is clear and it doesn't need to be restated.

the fact is i said that because i'm not the only one who had problems with the vigil, i never said stay away from it completely i advised him to stay from it because it has been riddled with problems.

That one instance should ultimately overrule 1000's of instances of something working right? Just like you are saying here with Vigil right?

To answer your question, tylenol works great for me! and it hasn't been recalled lately so i'll keep using. and vigils have been so i'm going to stay away from them

To answer your question, tylenol works great for me! and it hasn't been recalled lately so i'll keep using. and vigils have been so i'm going to stay away from them

Don't dig any deeper please.

I am unable to find any Vigil recall notices.
the info on their site : http://www.vigil.aero/official-statements only deals with cutter replacements.

the fact is i said that because i'm not the only one who had problems with the vigil, i never said stay away from it completely i advised him to stay from it because it has been riddled with problems.

I was asking you not anyone else and you shouldn't be speaking for anyone else. Back tracking on your answers and trying to play on the wording is not helping you case at all. What does staying away and staying away completely mean and what is the difference? It doesn't appear that there is any. You either stay away from something or you don't. There is an in between and able to satisfy its definition.

Like I mentioned before your opinion on the product is clear and you don't have to restate it. I asked if your instance with the product should discredit all the happy users and proven cases with the product. You have been unable to answer that and keep coming to back to things that have no relevance and/or bearing to the question. All that seems to be coming from you is an emotional response with no logical or factual backing.

If you want to stay away from a product fine but don't try to convince others to stay away from a good product just because you don't like it. If you have factual evidence and/or many accounts of something not working, that is a different story. Then provide it and give a concrete argument. What I mean by many cases is something where the majority of people, 50% + 1, are having problems. One or two percent of cases doesn't have enough weight to justify that something is a bad product. Leave your emotional responses out of it.

If you notice i'm not the one making a big deal about vigils YOU ARE all i ever did was express my opinion you guys are the ones that twisted my words around to make it sound like i was saying it was the worst product in the world which i never said

Like I mentioned before your opinion on the product is clear and you don't have to restate it. I asked if your instance with the product should discredit all the happy users and proven cases with the product. You have been unable to answer that and keep coming to back to things that have no relevance and/or bearing to the question. All that seems to be coming from you is an emotional response with no logical or factual backing.

edit for spelling

Saying that your product did not work, is not opinion.

My opinion was to stay away from vigils... because mine failed to work

edit:spelling

Nobody cares about your opinion right now, it has already been stated, and has nothing to back it up. Everyone is asking you to provide greater detail regarding why the product failed to work. Tell us exactly what you were doing when the product failed to work, how did it fail, and what was the solution to your problem?? It sounds like you did not return it to the manufacturer. This means that either the problem was not serious and you were pushing the button wrong, or it was serious, but you decided to continue jumping the product even though it was defective.

2 minutes of time to explain your situation will eliminate much time spent by several people, who are simply rewording the same exact question, because you either do not understand the question or have a reason why you will not answer it.

Personally, I believe you are either lying about your problem or it was so minor that it does not justify your opinion, and you hope that people will trust your statement simply on blind faith.

DO NOT SLANDER A RESPECTABLE MANUFACTURER WITHOUT LEGITIMATE FACTS

Nobody cares about your opinion right now, it has already been stated, and has nothing to back it up. Everyone is asking you to provide greater detail regarding why the product failed to work. Tell us exactly what you were doing when the product failed to work, how did it fail, and what was the solution to your problem?? It sounds like you did not return it to the manufacturer. This means that either the problem was not serious and you were pushing the button wrong, or it was serious, but you decided to continue jumping the product even though it was defective.

2 minutes of time to explain your situation will eliminate much time spent by several people, who are simply rewording the same exact question, because you either do not understand the question or have a reason why you will not answer it.

Personally, I believe you are either lying about your problem or it was so minor that it does not justify your opinion, and you hope that people will trust your statement simply on blind faith.

DO NOT SLANDER A RESPECTABLE MANUFACTURER WITHOUT LEGITIMATE FACTS

wow you clearly have not read anything that i wrote down, first unit i had quit working, second unit same thing.... how can i explain it better? maybe i made a grilled cheese and that caused them to fail:S

Nobody cares about your opinion right now, it has already been stated,

you obviously do because you seem so compelled to reply to my posts with assholish comments and death wishes.

Jesus man.

Ok, let me ask simple questions, and you can deliver simple answers.

The units just wouldn't turn on one day? The screen remained blank when you pushed the button to start it? Or did they power up, but failed one of the 3 tests?
After they did something erroneous, did you contact the manufacturer? (I doubt this)

You never answered my original question about weather these were vigil 1s or vigil 2s.

Don't dig any deeper please.

I am unable to find any Vigil recall notices.
the info on their site : http://www.vigil.aero/official-statements only deals with cutter replacements.

I'm still waiting for pete to explain this.

Ok, let me ask simple questions, and you can deliver simple answers.

The units just wouldn't turn on one day? The screen remained blank when you pushed the button to start it? Or did they power up, but failed one of the 3 tests?
After they did something erroneous, did you contact the manufacturer? (I doubt this)

You never answered my original question about weather these were vigil 1s or vigil 2s.

nope, your credibility with me left when you wrote the crater comment

What does all this have to do with the question of the thread opener?

Obviously Vigil gives a military discount while Cypres and Argus don't. The pros and cons of the different AADs have already been discussed extensively.

In a short sense, i offered my opinion and was crucified because i had a bad expereince

It doesn't take credibility to answer a question. You are a troll. You haven't bought 2 vigils with 80 jumps. You aren't jumping with a 1.3 wing loading at 80 jumps.

relax mr. troll, i have 120 jumps now,

So, at 120 jumps you have bought two vigils?

Also, could you point me to info about the Vigil recall you claimed there had been from your previous post?

If I find my List I will post it up in the next couple days , I have all the military discounts and Percentages and who offers them on pretty much every manufacturer gear related..
I know off the top of my head you can call Chuting star and they have some of the manufacturers lined up to give military discount and I believe it is off the Vigil 10%

and although I am the super rookie around here , with vigil being the only one to offer the discount and it only being 10% I would just go argus and be done with it. No expiration date and batteries are cheaper!!! just my .02