skybytch

Baking

I am loving having my kitchen stuff and a kitchen to use it in again. I know this sounds weird but while I hate to cook, I love to bake.

Today I stocked up on baking staples. Started my new oven break-in with a small batch of banana nut muffins - they're gone now of course ;).

A devils food cake just came out of the oven and is now making the house smell so yummy. Soon as it cools I'll make some frosting, spread it on there and... voila! Dinner! :D

My next decision.... Toll House chocolate chip cookies or oatmeal chocolate chip cookies...

I know that 10 pounds I lost is lurking around here somewhere...

It's raining here, and I'm thinking it might be a great night for a thick stew and some homemade bread....

Have fun, Lis! I vote for Tollhouse Cookies....but had you asked earlier, I would've suggested banana chocolate chip muffins...the most delectable treat around!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

ROFLMAO. . .

Lisa, I sooooo love to bake, but can't cook worth a damn. . .Ed (IslandCool), my roommate cooks, but since we are both staying away from sweets and such, I don't get to bake. . .I miss the smells. . .mmmmmmm

Okay, hungry and jealous here. . .lol
FGF #6
Darcy

I don't mind cooking... I just don't do it. Its just me and the kittycats at home, and they don't do people food much, so there isn't a whole lot of point in just cooking for one.

now, baking, on the other hand...

I LOVE to bake. Usually my karate school (or more recently, my AFF instructors) are gifted with something yummy. I'll keep a nibble or two for myself, but usually give the rest away.

wow the bytch can bake...... don't burn the light out on that easybake oven now ya hear.....:P if ya feel so inclined...... i prefer my choclate chip cokies in the white veriatey with macedamia nuts in em.............:D.. have fun...... i made a cake a few weeks back... it's fun....... what is realy fun is hard candy.. but alas christma time is past and i have no motivation.. maybe next year....

Amen. I'm not a great cook, but I am highly regarded as a baker by my friends.

My lady and I just purchased a Kitchenaid mixer - one of those mini-Hobart types. What a fantastic thing to have! When spices went on a 50 percent off sale at the grocery store, I spent 80 dollars.

Now to start baking with oranges - my paralegal gave me two cases of home grown - the tastiest oranges I've ever had.

goes the stomach.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

My next decision.... Toll House chocolate chip cookies or oatmeal chocolate chip cookies...

You could always send a package to the person that sent you a special care package as a thank-you;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Toll House chocolate chip cookies

[Whaaaa]...I wanted to make those, but I didnt have any backing soda.....[/Whaaaa]

just rub it in...>:(:P

heehee.....if you have anything you need ot get rid off...I would be happy to help you consume!!!! :D
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Can I put an order in for a big batch of lemon squares?

It was viking with the lemon squares:S jeez turtle, get it right:D

Hey your avatar reminds me of that lawyer thread . . .

I bet she makes em just as good if she wants to. neener neener!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm baking as I am depressed, the state says I do not get anymore money for being unemployed. Will a whole pan of peanut butter chip chocolat fudge brownies give you a stomach ache? Sorry no secret ingredients as I am looking for work.

Rainbo
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

THe best part about baking a cake is licking the beaters when the frosting is done.

I have a frosting mustache right now. :ph34r:

Damn, I'll smack you around a little if you like it that much.:oB|;):D:D:D:D:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

::mouth watering::...PLEASSSSSSSSSSSE stop talking about sweets...I have had a sweet tooth for 3 days and resisted...

I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!:SB| What should I make Snickerdoodles or Sugar cookies?!?!?!:D:ph34r:

Damn, now I am starved......maybe some beignets and coffee...yummmmmmmmmmmmm...or...

~R+R:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Baking is to cooking what static line is to competition 4way.

Real food comes from some sort of open flame, dead animal, or some combination thereof. :P
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Toll House chocolate chip cookies

[Whaaaa]...I wanted to make those, but I didnt have any backing soda.....[/Whaaaa]

just rub it in...>:(:P

heehee.....if you have anything you need ot get rid off...I would be happy to help you consume!!!! :D

Does Baking Powder substitute for Baking Soda? I got some if you need. Yes, I did bake. No, the kitchen did not esplode!