mjosparky

What those that servered with Kerry think of him.

Open Letter to John Kerry:

My wife had rotator cuff surgery earlier this year, and the recovery is terribly painful. Then, she developed a staph-epi infection, and they had to cut the same scar open and operate on her again. Just thinking about the pain and anxiety of facing that painful surgery a second time in the same wound, makes me cringe. That experience, however pales in comparison to what I am going through right now, in my heart.

The old hurts are surfacing and the feelings of betrayal by fellow citizens, and their leader stirring them up, are breaking my heart again. I am being cut in the same scar. How did we who served in Vietnam suddenly become cold-blooded killers, torturers, and rapists, of the ilk of the Nazi SS or the Taliban? Most of us were American soldiers who grew up idolizing John Wayne, Roy Rogers, and all the other heroes. That was why I volunteered.. But for political expediency, John Kerry has rewritten history, again After spending only four months in the country of Vietnam, John Kerry testified before Congress in 1971 with these exact words about incidents he supposedly witnessed or heard about from other vets: "They personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam."

I was a green beret officer who volunteered for duty in Vietnam and fought in the thick of it in 1968 and 1969 on a Special Forces A-team on the Ho Chi Minh Trail, just for starters. We were the elite. We saw the most action. Everybody in the world knows that. But we did not just kill people, we built a church, a school, treated illnesses, passed out soap, food, and clothing, and had fun and loving interaction with the indigenous people of Vietnam, just like our boys did in Normandy, Baghdad, Saigon, and everywhere American soldiers ever served. We all gave away our candy bars and rations to kids. Our hearts to oppressed people all over the globe.

My children and grandchildren could read your words, and think those horrendous things about me, Mr. Kerry. You are a bold-faced, unprincipled liar, and a disgrace, and you have dishonored me and all my fellow Vietnam veterans. Sure, there were a couple bad-apples, but I saw none, and I saw it all, and if I did, as an army officer, it was my obligation to stop it, or at the very least report it. Why is there not a single record anywhere of you ever reporting any incidents like this or having the perpetrators arrested? The answer is simple. You are a liar. Your medals and mine are not a free pass for lifetime, Senator Kerry, to bypass character, integrity, and morality. I earn my green beret over and over daily in all aspects of my life.

Eight National Guard green berets, and other National Guard soldiers, have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, and you totally dishonored their widows and families by lumping National Guard service in with being a draft-dodger, conscientious objector, and deserter, just so you can try to sabotage the patriotism of our President who proudly served as an Air National Guard jet pilot. I have a son earning his green beret at Fort Bragg right now, and his wife serves honorably in the Air National Guard, just like President Bush did, and I am as proud of her as I am my son. I volunteered for Vietnam and have no problem whatsoever with President Bush being our Commander-In-Chief. In fact, I am proud of him as our leader.

John Kerry, you personally derailed the Vietnam Human rights Bill, HR2883, in 2001, after it had passed the House by a 411 to 1 vote, and thousands of pro-American Montagnard tribespeople in Vietnam died since then who could have been saved, by you. Earlier, as Chair of the Senate Select Committee on MIA/POW Affairs, you personally quashed the efforts of any and all veterans to report sightings of living POW's, when you held those reins in Congress. You have fought tooth and nail to push for the US to normalize relations with Vietnam for years. Why, Mr. Kerry? Simple, your first cousin C. Stewart Forbes, CEO, of Colliers International, recently signed a contract with Hanoi, worth BILLIONS of dollars for Collier's International to become the exclusive real estate representative for the country of Vietnam

"Hanoi John," now that it works for you, you beat your chest about your Vietnam service, but to me, you are a phony, opportunistic, hypocrite. You are one of those politicians that is like a fertilizer machine: all that comes out of you is horse manure, and you are spreading it everywhere.

Medals do not make a man. Morals do.

Don Bendell
Canon City, Colorado

Don Bendell served as an officer in four Special Forces Groups, is a best-selling author with over 1,500,000 books in print, a 1995 inductee into the International Karate Hall of Fame, and owns karate schools in southern Colorado.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Thank you Sparky for posting that. My heart ripped open just feeling the pain that this man went through.
God Bless all that have served our county.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Wow....some interesting facts in there I didn't know. This is one man I don't want as commander-in-chief.

Question: would you otherwise consider voting for him?

IMO, such mudslinging generally makes some people (in this case those against Kerry) feel all warm and fuzzy inside.:P Most on the other side will of course look on it as so much bs. A small percentage of those in the middle might actually make their decision based on it. And no matter how tempting, the effects of such a message shouldn't be measured by the levels of warm fuzziness achieved in people who agree with it in the first place, but by the number of those who will actually take it into consideration.

So who has decided not to vote for Kerry after reading this?

I seriously hope that nobody is deciding on who to vote for as President of the United States of America based on information they received at dropzone.com :S

Information is power and the more information you have about this man the less likely you will want him in power. I served in Viet Nam in 1967/68 as a Corpsman with the Marines. Our AO was northern I Corps. I am not saying that they did not happen, but I never saw the atrocities Kerry claims. If he was witness to this type of action and did nothing while in country or on his return tell me he is a lying piece of shit. He walked on the bodies of his fellow veterans to make himself appear taller. Knowing this about this man are you ready to give your vote? He will never get mine. And just to keep the record straight, a tour of duty in Viet Nam was 12 months, 13 for Marines, not four. Who wrote Kerry a hall pass to go back to the world early?

And Phillykev, this post was not about Bush now was it.
Michael Owens
2nd. Batl.3rd Marines, Golf Co.
Semper Fi

I seriously hope that nobody is deciding on who to vote for as President of the United States of America based on information they received at dropzone.com :S

Unfortunately, it's probably a much better method than most people use which is by deciding based on political ad campaigns, sensationalized news stories, or partisan endorsements.

What people who served with Bush think of him:

Oh wait...we can't find any :P

\

Apparently there is record of his having had a dental examination and drawing pay while defending Alabama from the VC.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What people who served with Bush think of him:

Oh wait...we can't find any :P

\

Apparently there is record of his having had a dental examination and drawing pay while defending Alabama from the VC.

Where does Bush fit in with this thread, it is about Kerry and how his actions affected lives.

Where does Bush fit in with this thread, it is about Kerry and how his actions affected lives.

Because the only reason Kerry has any relevance is in relation to him running against Bush.

I'll make a deal with you, I'll post a thread about Bush, and if no one responds with any mention about Kerry or Clinton, I'll delete my response.

There are people who are angry at Kerry. There are veterans who are angry at him for voting for x,y,z bills.

There are also veterans who served with him who think highly of him. Are their opinions worth less?

I think it's easy to see what validates our opinions. It's a lot harder to join up all the little things that we disagree with into a big enough whole that we change our opinion. It's easy to do with something big, but not as easy with lotsa little things.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

John hates Bush with such a passion that he can't argue without mentioning his name. The next four years are going to be difficult for him.

I love how you keep bringing up this line. I notice you didn't respond to my posting pointing out all the mentions of Clinton that you've made in defense of Bush. Must have been a difficult 8 years for you. :P

They tried to ask the people who served with Bush in the National Guard what they thought of him, but apparently they couldn't find any.

------------------------------

MEMPHIS – Two members of the Air National Guard unit that President George W. Bush allegedly served with as a young Guard flyer in 1972 had been told to expect him and were on the lookout for him. He never showed, however; of that both Bob Mintz and Paul Bishop are certain.

Recalls Memphian Mintz, now 62: “I remember that I heard someone was coming to drill with us from Texas. And it was implied that it was somebody with political influence. I was a young bachelor then. I was looking for somebody to prowl around with.” But, says Mintz, that “somebody” -- better known to the world now as the president of the United States -- never showed up at Dannelly in 1972. Nor in 1973, nor at any time that Mintz, a FedEx pilot now and an Eastern Airlines pilot then, when he was a reserve first lieutenant at Dannelly, can remember.

“And I was looking for him,” repeated Mintz, who said that he assumed that Bush “changed his mind and went somewhere else” to do his substitute drill. It was not “somewhere else,” however, but the 187th Air National Guard Tactical squadron at Dannelly to which the young Texas flyer had requested transfer from his regular Texas unit – the reason being Bush’s wish to work in Alabama on the ultimately unsuccessful U.S. Senate campaign of family friend Winton "Red" Blount.

---------------------------------

How to avoid political repercussions from serving your country - just never show up! Fortunate that our current military doesn't follow that plan.

There are people who are angry at Kerry. There are veterans who are angry at him for voting for x,y,z bills.

There are also veterans who served with him who think highly of him. Are their opinions worth less?

I think it's easy to see what validates our opinions. It's a lot harder to join up all the little things that we disagree with into a big enough whole that we change our opinion. It's easy to do with something big, but not as easy with lotsa little things.

Wendy W.

I have yet to hear from anyone who served with him that thinks highly of him. Not to say they are not out there.

They tried to ask the people who served with Bush in the National Guard what they thought of him, but apparently they couldn't find any.

------------------------------

MEMPHIS – Two members of the Air National Guard unit that President George W. Bush allegedly served with as a young Guard flyer in 1972 had been told to expect him and were on the lookout for him. He never showed, however; of that both Bob Mintz and Paul Bishop are certain.

Recalls Memphian Mintz, now 62: “I remember that I heard someone was coming to drill with us from Texas. And it was implied that it was somebody with political influence. I was a young bachelor then. I was looking for somebody to prowl around with.” But, says Mintz, that “somebody” -- better known to the world now as the president of the United States -- never showed up at Dannelly in 1972. Nor in 1973, nor at any time that Mintz, a FedEx pilot now and an Eastern Airlines pilot then, when he was a reserve first lieutenant at Dannelly, can remember.

“And I was looking for him,” repeated Mintz, who said that he assumed that Bush “changed his mind and went somewhere else” to do his substitute drill. It was not “somewhere else,” however, but the 187th Air National Guard Tactical squadron at Dannelly to which the young Texas flyer had requested transfer from his regular Texas unit – the reason being Bush’s wish to work in Alabama on the ultimately unsuccessful U.S. Senate campaign of family friend Winton "Red" Blount.

---------------------------------

How to avoid political repercussions from serving your country - just never show up! Fortunate that our current military doesn't follow that plan.

What if anything has all this verbiage have to do with Kerry being a piece of shit?

Because the only reason Kerry has any relevance is in relation to him running against Bush.

I'll make a deal with you, I'll post a thread about Bush, and if no one responds with any mention about Kerry or Clinton, I'll delete my response.

It works for me.

John hates Bush with such a passion that he can't argue without mentioning his name. The next four years are going to be difficult for him.

I love how you keep bringing up this line. I notice you didn't respond to my posting pointing out all the mentions of Clinton that you've made in defense of Bush. Must have been a difficult 8 years for you. :P

I didn't dislike Clinton with the same intensity that Kallend shows towards Bush. I wouldn't call it difficult, just unpleasant.

never pull low......unless you are