bodypilot90

would you pay $50 to shoot Bin Ladin

Who is the say the shooter doesn't believe in what s/he is doing..no matter how wrong THEY may be?
And should he ask that question of Bush, I would not be outraged. He actually put that plan into motion on 9/11 or was that 4th plane a coincidence?~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

In this case the shooter is killing out of hate or a misguided sense of justice. If OSB where caught I would have no problem with him being tried, found guilty and then executed. I would have problems with a lottery to pick the executioner.

You are right that on 9/11 OSB did effectively do the same thing as proposed here and US citizens were outraged.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

when he is caught and if he is convicted, would you buy a $50 lottery ticket for the chance?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That is the original question, so in this scenerio he is guilty. So in answer to your statement, he is to be executed. I would suppose the lottery would be to see who gets to do it. I would have NO problem doing it dependent on where the funds were going.~~April

If OSB asked the question about shooting Bush you would be outraged.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The plane that was destined to hit the White House....
And further, IF this were not a lottery, but mandatory (like Jury Duty) I would still feel the same. You may suggest that the government could never force a citizen to execute a criminal, but the entire question is hypothetical. ~~April

I wouldnt give .5 cents to Kill him...
I would Kill him for free.

I would make him Pay not me Pay..
And I dont make Deals so Dont get
caught in my line of Sight.
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

It's too bad we don't have some kind of resurrection device as featured in the "Stargate" movie and television series.

That way, we could kill him over and over, and give everybody a shot at it, and think up new and creative ways to kill him (having him die once for every one of the victims in the WTC comes immediately to mind) >:(

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

...Not 'cost effective'. Execution and burial with a pig. Oh, wait...put him in jail for life with a diet of bacon, ham, pigsfeet stews and all that nassy stuff. Its all the same~~April

Could this be like " Fatwa fear factor" now you get to eat swine parts uncooked rotting in the sun with a nice maggot sauce. Followed by more rides on the human catapualt.

Shooting him would not make the shooter more vile than him. What would you think if the lottery generated enough money to erect a new world trade center with enough left over for a tidy trust fund for the widows and orphans?

why bother? You really want that on your conscious? It's not something that I'd pay for...

You have to have a concience that has feelings for a person of "That quality"
I don't see anyone that has ANY morals at all that would support him, unless they are misinformed, or just as evil as him.

So, yeah, where do I make the check out to?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

why bother? You really want that on your conscious? It's not something that I'd pay for...

You have to have a concience that has feelings for a person of "That quality"
I don't see anyone that has ANY morals at all that would support him, unless they are misinformed, or just as evil as him.

So, yeah, where do I make the check out to?

Despite his lack of morals, he is still a human being. Reguardless of what he did he deserves simply by being a human the same treatment as other criminals and that is to have a trial and face the consequences accordingly. Dont worry you will get your revenge anyways, and you wont need to pull the trigger, although it sickens me how many of you would actually get off on taking another life. Also look at post #24, she is completely right. you have revenge, he had his views (which were absolutely wrong) but he was still basing it off something he believed in and not just pure hatred.

Peace

P.S. In no way am I saying his actions were right in any way whatsoever because they weren't!

Sean
Sean In Thailand

Despite his lack of morals, he is still a human being.

I disagree,
He lost human status a long time ago. He is only human chemically or by the sum of reusable body parts. The actions of his will, mostly recently, have put the WORLD in tailspin from which no good has come or will come. It deserves no name and no mercy!

Despite his lack of morals, he is still a human being.

I disagree,
He lost human status a long time ago. He is only human chemically or by the sum of reusable body parts. The actions of his will, mostly recently, have put the WORLD in tailspin from which no good has come or will come. It deserves no name and no mercy!

Who are you to determine his humanity?!?!

At what point does a person lose his right to being considered a human? I agree he did some horribly messed up things. Would you consider a street killer subhuman? If so where do you draw the line, would someone who then stole be subhuman. Imagine if you shot this man who you believed to have murdered say 20 people. A week later you found out he was innocent. Now what good did your revenge and hate do? nothing, it killed an innocent man. Dont get me wrong OSB isn't innocent! but where do you draw that line? you can't!

Sean
Sean In Thailand