NewClearSports

In Memory of James Hendry

I did not know where best to put this so feel free to move it. It is not a skydiving related death.

I just found out at 9:00am this morning that a good friend JAMES HENDRY took his own life last Thursday January 22nd, 04.

The Viewing is Today untill 9:00pm. My family and I went to pay our respect earlier. The Funeral is Tomorrow Tues, Jan 27th, 04

All I can keep thinking is I'm so very sorry I wasn't there to help you James.

James Hendry was a regular jumper at Skydive Burnaby. He was an amazing guy, made everyone feel welcome. He was a great Camera Flyer, Swooper, Coach, and was going to represent Canada in Style and Accuracy in 04.

Blue Skies Forever James..

I did not know where best to put this so feel free to move it. It is not a skydiving related death.

I just found out at 9:00am this morning that a good friend JAMES HENDRY took his own life last Thursday January 22nd, 04.

The Viewing is Today untill 9:00pm. My family and I went to pay our respect earlier. The Funeral is Tomorrow Tues, Jan 27th, 04

All I can keep thinking is I'm so very sorry I wasn't there to help you James.

James Hendry was a regular jumper at Skydive Burnaby. He was an amazing guy, made everyone feel welcome. He was a great Camera Flyer, Swooper, Coach, and was going to represent Canada in Style and Accuracy in 04.

Blue Skies Forever James..

Do you know anything about the circumstances that would have led James to this point?

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

I am very sorry for your loss. I was indirectly connected to James in that the USPA periodically sent me checks for his photo submissions (My name is Jim Hendry). I promise, I returned them. I've had a few people contact my friends asking if it was me.

I'm very sorry to lose a fellow skydiver, especially one with the same name as me.

Blue Skies,
Jim Hendry
Atlanta, GA
BASE653

I was just as shocked to hear about this as you. James was a treasure trove of information that he readily shared with others, experienced jumpers and students alike.

He was a top notch skydiver who will be sorely missed

Blue skies James, we'll all miss you.

Dayle

James was an incredible guy first and an incredible skydiver second. Me and my wife will truly miss him.

James, I am sorry that in the end what we did wasn't enough. I know you will be looking over us when we jump. I'll be smiling at you!!!!!!

blue skies forever my sky brother.

WOW!!! That is very, very sad!

I am not a regular at Burnaby but when I saw the pics I knew immediately who James was and I recall several conversations with him during my visits. HE always made me feel very welcome.

My deepest condolences to his family and close friends.

I heard this today in Kabul of all places. Bad news travels far! I went to Trieben in 92 with James to the World's and was very saddened to hear this today.

A night of reflection later what really makes this whole situation the pits is that the illness(there are a number) that claimed James is treatable though perhaps never totally curable. Sorry he never got a treatment that worked. Been there myself....