Kramer

Skydivers And Marijuana

Not to sidetrack the poll, but sounds like your friends need some counselling. Anything that is deemed "necessary" in the circumstances described is an indicator of a larger problem.

You must be joking. Do you think if somebody smokes a little reefer for stress release or because they are depressed they need counseling? Maybe they should go to a psychiatrist who will prescribe prozac or some other magic happy pill. What's the freaking difference? Oh, that's right, my government told me pot is bad, and everything my government tells me is true.

I guess if people smoked more reefer, they would drink less alcohol and purchase less legal drugs, and the governement gets money from those, so in a way, I guess drugs ARE bad... for the government. They should just legalize it and tax the hell out of it. Sure would make my life easier...

Ok - go back and read my post. I said if someone needs pot (or any other drug) not to be suicidal they need counselling. I may not have said it in those exact words, but if you read the quote and my response the context was quite clear.

Seriously - all you did is drop your arguments standing with me a couple of notches sprouting off without taking the time to comprehend what I was saying.

And yes, if you ask me - they should legalize and tax the crap out of it. I have no more issue with weed (other than it's illegal) than alchohol.
Performance Designs Factory Team

Not to say that there aren't people who use the tactics you list in the marijuana industry, but it isn't as widespread as you make it out to be....much of it is grown by pretty simple farmers in rural areas of Tennessee..... I don't know how much rape and torture gets added in before you get to the average buyer but this isn't like a Columbian drug lord.

Benny,
You are either kidding yourself, or you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. I have personally been shot at on two occasions by these simple farmers in Tennessee and Kentucky. Then there is the video of this group of peaceful, pot purveyors. They are gathered in a room as they watch as one of them executes one of their friends, and then the grand finale unfolds as one of the chicks masturbates while she saws the head off the victim. It's a great flick, you should check it out. This did not happen in Columbia. It happened here. You may know a dealer who is a great guy, but he works for and represents truly antisocial individuals who would slit your throat to make more money. I say fuck em. Don't give them your money. Unless, of course, you don't give a shit. If that's the case, then it's on you.

and once again its the government who supports those fucks by creating the market they can live off of. People want something they are going to do what it takes to get it, this applies to anything in life, not just drugs. Of course soon we'll also have bodybuilders and athlete's stopping by these people for their ephedra :S

if it werent illegal you'd have to deal with all the thugs and villains that run your local grocery store...[:/]

People want something they are going to do what it takes to get it, this applies to anything in life, not just drugs.

I agree with you. I personally think marijuana should be legal. But, until the voters pressure congress into making it legal, things will stay the same. So until then, we as individuals who give a shit, have a responsibility to not give those murderous fucks our money. I know you think it's easy for me to say since I don't get high, but that's a cop out:)

i prefer to lay blame where it really lies, not to bow down to the environment created by ignorant draconian policies. Doing so does nothing to encourage the government to change and only allows them to continue to use propaganda to demonize and shift blame from the law and the lawbreakers they enable to the substance itself.

if the government cares about its citizens it has the responsibility to ensure it's laws do not create environments where their natural inclinations place them in the hands of the criminals

if the government cares about its citizens it has the responsibility to ensure it's laws do not create environments where their natural inclinations place them in the hands of the criminals

Governments don't care dude, people care. If you care, get involved, join NORML or whatever, and change the system or elect someone who represents your views. Blaming government is lame. Blame yourself, blame me, and blame the guy on the other side of you, it's our responsibility to change the system and it's our responsibility to not enable murderers.

I guess I took it out of context a bit. My bad.

But my point is just that pot can be a very effective tool to relieve stress or ease depression, and in my opinion just as viable an option as legally perscribed mood altering drugs. And if somebody has trouble coping enough that they would consider suicide, then maybe for them pot would help bring them away from the brink.

the government influences the popular opinion on issues far more than the people influence the government. Just look at some of the ludicrous opinions and beliefs on the subject because of the continual government propaganda campaign telling people how 'evil' drugs and drug users are....they are damn near the last group its 'ok' to prejudice and persecute. Perhaps you should pay a bit more attention to the language and attitudes our public officials use in regaurds to drug users? Ever think about what the reaction would be if you replaced ‘drug users’ with ‘blacks’, ‘jews’, ‘gays’ etc…??

governments do care. they care to the extent necessary to influence public opinion and keep those in power in power, and keep the majority of the populace, safely ignorant and placid. nothing more, nothing less.

sorry, but i'm not going to modify my behavior because of the environment the government’s witch hunt policy has created. That kind of roll over complacency by the mass is exactly how we got where we are, but somehow you believe the herd will change?? please...when is the last time you saw a study funded by the government that showed the populace what the effects of legalization would be on organized crime and public revenue? Not a very hard study to do, plenty of precedent from prohibition and if we used the severely inflated monetary values they trot out as justifications for their ‘war on drugs’ we could pay off national debit and provide food and housing for nearly every American simply on tax revenue alone…but that makes to much sense and to that they would also have to admit to the campaign of disinformation and unjust prosecution they've been waging for against otherwise honest Americans for the last 80 years...

the government influences the popular opinion on issues far more than the people influence the government.

Bullshit, they don't influence mine, give your fellow citizens more credit than that. The populace can change government policy. Examples: slavery, women's right to vote, black's right to vote, segregation, prohibition, etc.

Perhaps you should pay a bit more attention to the language and attitudes our public officials use in regaurds to drug users? Ever think about what the reaction would be if you replaced ‘drug users’ with ‘blacks’, ‘jews’, ‘gays’ etc…??

Apples and oranges dude, drug users hardly qualify for minority status. I tried to make a clear distinction between drugs and users, and drug dealers. There is a difference, but if you are buying it from them, you are enabling them.

I'm not asking you or anyone else to modify their behavior, or to be a lemming. I'm just trying to shed some light on the kind of people you are supporting when you buy drugs. I find skydivers, on the whole, to be a fairly enlightened and caring group of individuals. My hope is that such individuals would see the individual and universal wrong in supporting murderers.

if the majority of people do not engage in a practice those that do are a minority.

if the majority is led to believe the minority (any minority) is 'evil' they will prejudice and persecute them relentlessly..it happens everyday everywhere in our nation, all fed and driven by the governments propaganda campaign. I give the citizens the credit they deserve, the majority do not think, do no research, and dont care to so long as it doesnt affect their lives at all, they want to be told how to think, what to eat, how to act and vote, by the system they rely on to support them.

you might not know this but the majority of marijuana dealers are not big time criminal cartels, or local thug gangs. they are small time, local people who do it to help their friends and support their own use. But of course those who do it 'wholesale' have lots more money and a better ability to avoid law enforcement, so its easier for the LEOs to arrest the mom and pop growers down the street than it is to find the major sources who are well prepared, well armed and ready to kill to protect their market

you are being influenced by the exact same propaganda as you mischaracterize the majority of 'dealers'. Sure the evil things you mention DO occur, but perpetrated by those with such inclinations anyway, and who are involved in far worse crimes, they dont have 'real jobs' they make money anyway they can, and our current policies enable them to do it off otherwise law abiding Americans.

until the government ceases it continual propaganda machine (one ironic side effect of the war on terrorism actually is the diversion of LEO effort to real threats, and hopefully the funding follows the real threat to your security) the mass simply has no reason to change their minds or to object to the unjust persecution of activities they are not involved in.

you might not know this .........

Look, I have forgotten more than you will ever know about the drug industry. I have bought and sold tens of thousands of pounds of pot, hundreds of kilos of cocaine, and just about every other drug you can think of. Zen, it's none of my business and I don't really care, but I'm making the assumption that you get high. If so, you are being pimped out, and you don't even know it. Let's say that you get your weed from some groovy dude who goes to Phish and Widespread Panic concerts, is a vegetarian and would not hurt a fly. Well, unless he is the original source, you don't really know where your money is going, do you? Do you even care, or are you just part of the herd? While you are familiar with the guy in the tyedied t-shirt, I am familiar with his boss, who comes to meetings with an Uzi and a hand grenade (I'm not exaggerating). Contrary to popular opinion, it's not all good.

Look, I have forgotten more than you will ever know about the drug industry. I have bought and sold tens of thousands of pounds of pot, hundreds of kilos of cocaine, and just about every other drug you can think of. Zen, it's none of my business and I don't really care, but I'm making the assumption that you get high. If so, you are being pimped out, and you don't even know it. Let's say that you get your weed from some groovy dude who goes to Phish and Widespread Panic concerts, is a vegetarian and would not hurt a fly. Well, unless he is the original source, you don't really know where your money is going, do you? Do you even care, or are you just part of the herd? While you are familiar with the guy in the tyedied t-shirt, I am familiar with his boss, who comes to meetings with an Uzi and a hand grenade (I'm not exaggerating). Contrary to popular opinion, it's not all good.

nice to admit on a public forum, your not real bright are you?

but you have no idea how wrong you are, about an amazing number of things..care to actually look at the numbers? # of people in prison on drug charges? # of those also charged with violent crimes?? please..go find a clue, i'm done with you and your grandstanding misconceptions....keep thinking you know it all, your buying the lie, the reality is far different, and your ignorance is part of the problem.

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To

nice to admit on a public forum, your not real bright are you?

but you have no idea how wrong you are, about an amazing number of things..care to actually look at the numbers? # of people in prison on drug charges? # of those also charged with violent crimes?? please..go find a clue, i'm done with you and your grandstanding misconceptions....keep thinking you know it all, your buying the lie, the reality is far different, and your ignorance is part of the problem.

Well, let's see. In one post, you have called me stupid, clueless, and ignorant, and all I can think to do is laugh, yet I still feel compelled to protect people like you. You have no idea. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I should stop giving a shit. There are alot of people who work for the evil government who really don't care, I'm not one of them. My Dad called it character and integrity, sometimes I think it's futile. I wish I could show you, I wish you could see the things I have seen. I'm glad I don't work in a drug unit anymore, I'm tired of people like you calling people like me, "part of the problem". Ignorant, huh? Sheesh....

Benny,
You are either kidding yourself, or you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. I have personally been shot at on two occasions by these simple farmers in Tennessee and Kentucky. Then there is the video of this group of peaceful, pot purveyors. They are gathered in a room as they watch as one of them executes one of their friends, and then the grand finale unfolds as one of the chicks masturbates while she saws the head off the victim. It's a great flick, you should check it out. This did not happen in Columbia. It happened here. You may know a dealer who is a great guy, but he works for and represents truly antisocial individuals who would slit your throat to make more money. I say fuck em. Don't give them your money. Unless, of course, you don't give a shit. If that's the case, then it's on you.

Dude, for one thing nobody would do that shit stoned, it's more fun to just chill out and listen to some music. Your blanket statement about marijuana dealers is flat out ridiculous, someone's been watching a little too much Reefer Madness.
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream

Benny,

Dude, for one thing nobody would do that shit stoned, it's more fun to just chill out and listen to some music. Your blanket statement about marijuana dealers is flat out ridiculous, someone's been watching a little too much Reefer Madness.

What are you talking about? Nobody would do what stoned?

OK GMan, the things you describe may very well occur. However, I feel the same way about this as I did when they started the "buying drugs = supporting terror" ads. The truth of the matter is, with just about anything, if you follow the money long enough you can tie it to someone involved in bad shit. The US government has in the past and present supported foreign regimes which rape torture and murder. Should I stop paying my taxes? And the oil industry, don't even get me started there. It's not that this stuff doesn't happen in the drug world, it's just the fact that it happens everywhere else and unless I go off the grid and live completely by my own power, I'm supporting it.:S

Never go to a DZ strip show.

I used to smoke marijuana on weekends and drink heavily 6 days a week. Started tapering off a decade ago and quit completely 8 years ago.
My problem was alcohol interfering with my sleep cycles. Hang overs were less of an issue, but I sure can be grumpy without a decent night's sleep!

On the other hand, I do not care what others do on their days off, as long as they are not doing it a the same highway as me.

OK GMan, the things you describe may very well occur. However, I feel the same way about this as I did when they started the "buying drugs = supporting terror" ads. The truth of the matter is, with just about anything, if you follow the money long enough you can tie it to someone involved in bad shit. The US government has in the past and present supported foreign regimes which rape torture and murder. Should I stop paying my taxes? And the oil industry, don't even get me started there. It's not that this stuff doesn't happen in the drug world, it's just the fact that it happens everywhere else and unless I go off the grid and live completely by my own power, I'm supporting it.

Well, at least you can see it for what it is. I agree, nobody can save the world, and we all pick our own battles. In this case, it is a simple battle, as you do not have to follow the money for very far before you find yourself in a quagmire.

Not when I am looking for work. And when I do I know exactly where it comes from. It is a just between friends thing from a little clone to a big bud.:)
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."