TitaniumLegs

Am I cool because I skydive, or do I skydive because I'm cool?

A long time ago I tried to start a dork skydive number like all these other folks have. You know monkey this, rodriguez brothers that, Pink Mafia.

Any dorks going to Sebastian? Wanna start Dork Flyers?:D

Wait, I do not think I like how that can be taken. Nevermind.:S

Ahhh, I answered "I'm cool because I skydive," but I don't take the question or the answer that seriously.

I skydive because when I was a kid and first saw it done, I thought it looked like the most fun a person could have, and I always wanted to do it. Now that I do skydive, I love it and don't want to stop.

I do think that skydiving contributes to one's cool, in the sense that people look at skydivers in a sort of awe at what they do (whuffos, I mean). The funny thing is, I think the truth behind skydivers is that not every skydiver is some fearless ultra-cool daredevil. We make a decision to take a calculated risk, and we strive to minimize the danger in every way we can. We're not flirting with death, we're trying to dodge death. But if people want to look at it and see fearlessness and cool, I'm cool with that. My friends and coworkers know I skydive, and I try to not be heavy-handed about it. They know I love it, and they tolerate my stories, in part because (I think) they live vicariously through them. I certainly try not to go around like, "I skydive, I'm so cool, adore me." That's just stupid. I like to think I would be skydiving even if it were a reviled activity. I do it for my own enjoyment. Mystique is just a pleasant by-product.
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I was cool before I started skydiving... now I am less cool because I dont have enough jumps to be completely cool!:P

Hopefully this will change... in the next two decades!;)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Where is the answer:

Skydiving does not make me cool, skydiving is just something that I do that I enjoy. If people want to think its cool...Thats fine, but it does not cross my mind, and I would never do it cause I want people to think I'm cool.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334