Vallerina

I love belly dancing!!!

:)
This is just a post to convince women everywhere to try out belly dancing! I take a class here: http://www.jasminjahal.com/home.html Her site has a ton of great information!

I have never felt more womanly or sensual as I did last night. Maybe it was the way I learned to move my hips to the percussion, or maybe it was the way I learned to move my chest to the woodwinds, something made me feel like I was a part of the music. I felt beautiful. Every woman there was beautiful, no matter what they looked like on the outside. Every woman there (even if it was just for a short time in the safe space of the dance studio) had confidence and a love of their bodies. We all expressed how strong and womanly we all were.

I was such a dork and so excited last night that I came home and popped in last season's cd and danced to Natacha Atlas's "Shubra". I love that song! I love the dance she choreographed it to as well!

Anyways, back on to why every woman here needs to try belly dancing, it challenges your body in a completely new way even if you've had years of dance training. These move are unlike any I've ever learned before (and I did just about every kind of dance.) It feels great to isolate a muscle group for the first time and make your body do something new! Plus, the jingling hip scarfs are cool! :P

Anyways, it's difficult for me to write down just how incredible it is! If you ever want to just try something new, I'd give this a shot!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Where's the video!?!!?!!?:)

She has many videos on her website! :)
Video of me belly dancing? Not until I get good! :D I would be laughed at right now if I tried any sort of performance. I'm really really bad. I still feel beautiful, though! I can do chest circles and undulations fairly well. My hip shimmeys suck.

One word...

Y O W Z A !

:):D:S

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

One word...

Y O W Z A !

Hehe! Well, I definitely don't look sexy or anything like that while doing it, but I feel so incredibly sensual and strong.

Also, to clear up any misconceptions about it....my teacher informed us that we won't be dancing with snakes or naked. She said that if she can't dance in front of her grandmother, then she won't do it!

...Maybe it was the way I learned to move my hips to the percussion, or maybe it was the way I learned to move my chest to the woodwinds,...

Is it warm in here? Or is that just me?

I'm a lucky bastard, I know, don't hate me ;)
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

It sounds amazing, Val! I'm so happy for you. I am pretty damn good at dance, in general, so I know that someday I will be trying belly dancing. For now, I LOVE reading about how much fun that you are having with it all.

Yay!!!! Seamless undies and belly dancing...life just doesn' get any better, does it Val? :P

Yay!!!! Seamless undies and belly dancing...life just doesn' get any better, does it Val? :P

STOP IT!!! :D:D:D:D

mh

B|

Thanks Val for sharing that sensual story with us. I am now closer to my feminine side than ever before!

Hey Val, bring a belly dancing tape to the convention and it will be worth a free drink (not the already free Miller products) but an honest to God free drink.

And let's not stop with just Val ladies. Anyone of the female persuasion that brings a belly dancing tape of themselves to the convention will be party to the free drink!

Beautiful Landings

Streaker
Have a yippee ki ya day!

I'd take him up on that, Val - the swill served from the trucks at the WFFC isn't fit for human consumption.:P

mh

Is it warm in here? Or is that just me?

:o:$ I wasn't dancing sexually!!!That's for tomorrow night if you're really lucky!

I am pretty damn good at dance, in general, so I know that someday I will be trying belly dancing.

Yes! You must!!! Being good at dance will help you in some aspects (as in, you'll be able to keep your chest lifted while keeping your butt tucked under) but it may hinder you in others (they don't do the ballet stances!) You'll be helped more than hindered. You have to do it someday!!!! The music is amazing. The moves are amazing. It is way too much fun!

And, I don't think it does get better than this!!!

And let's not stop with just Val ladies.

Exactly! I would love to get with some other beautiful women and shimmy around for awhile!

Oooh! And I forgot to add how much fun it is to dance with a veil or finger cymbals!

Sounds like fun Val. Any suggestions of where I could go to learn here in the burbs?

Hey, Heather! I forgot which suburb you're in (I guess I coulda checked, huh?), but they also have classes in Niles. Just take the train in and come dance with me!!!!

I'd take him up on that, Val - the swill served from the trucks at the WFFC isn't fit for human consumption.:P

:D "Will dance for Jell-O Shots" Should I make that sign???

I'm not allowed to, though. My teacher informed us that if we see someone out there performing after just a few classes, to yell at them that they do not know what they are doing, and they are ruining the dance!!!!! So, unfortunately, I'm not allowed to perform until I know what I'm doing!

YES!!! Make the sign...we don't have to belly dance...but it is a Thursday and Harrys is open late...:D:ph34r:...We'll get all the drunk frat boys to buy us some shots...B|:P

P.S. I have always wanted to try belly dancing...You may have inspired me...that and I just heard that song " Natural Woman"...;)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

my roomate has been taking belly dancinf for about a year now.. she loves it........ closest i've come to seeing any of it is when she asks me to take a picture of her all dressed up inher performance costume, so she can send it tofriends......

I'm not allowed to, though. My teacher informed us that if we see someone out there performing after just a few classes, to yell at them that they do not know what they are doing, and they are ruining the dance!!!!! So, unfortunately, I'm not allowed to perform until I know what I'm doing!

Is that a pay-as-you-go class, or did yo pay up-front?

mh